Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The police make choices. They could have stood back and allowed the vigil/protest to happen or they could have gone in and physically restrained people. Which decision do you think would be the wisest one in this situation for all parties?
Considering how public they have been that they would not accept a vigil like this in previous days, I think it's clear that they'd stand their ground.
I don't personally think it's the best way to go in the current atmosphere but it is almost expected

Reactions: 8
I really enjoy these Real Crime threads. a few of us have spent the last few months discussing all manner of crime and murder cases.

Given that the Sarah Everard thread has been closed by the mods can you not discuss the case or suspects in detail on here or this thread will be closed too, which would be a huge shame for those of us who enjoy it.

Reactions: 12
I really enjoy these Real Crime threads. a few of us have spent the last few months discussing all manner of crime and murder cases.

Given that the Sarah Everard thread has been closed by the mods can you not discuss the case or suspects in detail on here or this thread will be closed too, which would be a huge shame for those of us who enjoy it.
I didn’t know the other thread had been closed. Thanks for the heads up 👍🏼

Reactions: 7
Of course not. But we are all giving our opinions based on what we have seen on the live stream.

And I've been to political protests as a photographer where peaceful protesters have been manhandled and placards and flags torn from their hands by police.

Edit to add, the police seem to have left the scene now or moved back and strangely enough, everything is quiet and peaceful again.
The police standing against this gathering was in really shocking taste given the circumstances. That and being heavy handed is provocative. Proud of all those women.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Guys can I ask a general question please as you seem very clued in. How much evidence do police need, to firstly make an arrest on suspicion of murder and then secondly to charge a suspect with murder?
They need reasonable suspicion to arrest and there is a high threshold to meet for CPS to OK a charge so there will be ample evidence.

Reactions: 3
Are we still allowed to discuss the case without making accusatory statements?

Reactions: 2

This is a very nice letter by her friend also, idk if it has been shared but with the whole conversation about the vigil and what not

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I wonder how many female officers present were getting handsy and aggressive at the common and dragging women around. Or just the male ones. Its jawdropping.

Reactions: 6
i don’t know. some folk are getting a bit carried away.
Ah this is a bummer. Is there a way to contact the mods for clarity on what we can/can't discuss? I know that exists for other gossip threads and websleuths has some pretty clear rules, but I'm not sure anyone here knows what's off limits

Reactions: 1
Ah this is a bummer. Is there a way to contact the mods for clarity on what we can/can't discuss? I know that exists for other gossip threads and websleuths has some pretty clear rules, but I'm not sure anyone here knows what's off limits

You would probably be safe enough just posting facts but any discussion should really be avoided. Any speculation as to what he may have done, what he might be like as a person, other crimes he might have been involved in etc is a big no-no. It's important to remember that in the law he is innocent until proven guilty and that speaking of him as guilty could be considered contempt of court.

I know someone mentioned somewhere that thousands of people would have to be arrested in that case if everyone discusses it online but there was a case in Ireland recently where members of the public were charged with contempt of court for circulating information online relating to suspects in a trial. So they may not charge everyone, but they might choose a few to make the point and you don't want to risk it being you.

Reactions: 7
Are we still allowed to discuss the case without making accusatory statements?
The other thread was closed because it was getting distasteful and out of hand over a recent tragedy (and because people kept ignoring that policing a thread isn't allowed).

Tattle is a gossip forum and it didn't sit right having her name as a title so we thought best to end it after the 2nd thread as much has already been said and there's another thread for people to talk about their own experiences.

Keep it respectful and report anyone policing a thread :)

Reactions: 24
The other thread was closed because it was getting distasteful and out of hand over a recent tragedy (and because people kept ignoring that policing a thread isn't allowed).

Tattle is a gossip forum and it didn't sit right having her name as a title so we thought best to end it after the 2nd thread as much has already been said and there's another thread for people to talk about their own experiences.

Keep it respectful and report anyone policing a thread :)
Thanks for confirming @Yel posted my above comment at the same time 😄

View attachment 481007 Rest in peace Sarah Everard 🤍
Lovely, I’ve put a lantern outside my main window as I don’t have my own doorstep

Interesting but I think it's crass to call what happened to her "unlucky" and then to continue on to say not all men.
I did not agree with the article and don’t believe she echoes the sentiments of Sarah’s family. There is a wider issue at play and to underplay her death as ‘one occurance’ or ‘extremely rare’ is dangerous

• Heart
Reactions: 14
d
I did not agree with the article and don’t believe she echoes the sentiments of Sarah’s family. There is a wider issue at play and to underplay her death as ‘one occurance’ or ‘extremely rare’ is dangerous
I said in a previous post that the stats say abduction (not murder of women by men) is extremely rare but we need to look at all the incidents where women have been stalked/flashed/groped/harassed/attacked etc and how those perpetrators have or could have gone on to commit much bigger crimes.

And to add, extremely rare is not reassuring, one abduction in itself is enough. But sadly we live in a world where these things will always happen.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.