Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
my heart is breaking reading that transcript- you can just feel the rising panic and impending sense of fear.
It’s awful isn’t it. She tried so hard to protect him and help him. But he had routers she didn’t know about. And the killer had sent Breck a phone which he was contacting him on. She contacted the other boys who used their servers and their mums. She sat in the room with him whilst he was on his computer. I feel for her so much

Sadly, it was Surrey Police who badly let down Milly Dowler and her family. I really hope they have changed their ways in recent years and take reports seriously.
I hadn’t made that connection, I hope they’ve learned too

• Sad
Reactions: 6
It’s awful isn’t it. She tried so hard to protect him and help him. But he had routers she didn’t know about. And the killer had sent Breck a phone which he was contacting him on. She contacted the other boys who used their servers and their mums. She sat in the room with him whilst he was on his computer. I feel for her so much

I hadn’t made that connection, I hope they’ve learned too
This story is so scary! How can we protect our teenagers and children from these predators? This happened in 2012/13 I think, and even since then technology has come on so much. This lady sat in her sons room while he was on his computer to try to protect him and it still wasn't enough, now teens have phones with unlimited data in their pockets 24/7. They have no respite or escape from online groomers.

I was interested to see her speak about rehabilitation for the offenders, and this reminds me of the "teaching men not to rape women". Just like women having to be aware of personal safety, young people need to be aware of online safety but just like predatory men, I don't know how you can stamp out online grooming.

I have very little interest in young people's issues personally but this story has scared me! I have nephews and hope to have my own children one day and I want to know how to spot the red flags and help them!

Also how awful was it that he was able to tweet about her while he was in prison!?!? Absolutely twisted individual!

Reactions: 9
I see the reward money in the Delphi murders has gone up to 300,000 dollars. This case has always weighed heavy on my mind. It’s crazy they have a picture of the killer yet he still hasn’t been identified. What happened to those little girls is heartbreaking.

It’s crazy there’s not really been many leads in 4 years. I wonder whether the police should now reveal some of the further evidence retrieved from the girls’ phones or perhaps some info about their injuries in the hope it might lead to a breakthrough?

Reactions: 3
I see the reward money in the Delphi murders has gone up to 300,000 dollars. This case has always weighed heavy on my mind. It’s crazy they have a picture of the killer yet he still hasn’t been identified. What happened to those little girls is heartbreaking.

Wow i hadn’t heard of this case before. Strange move to not reveal how they died but I understand why I guess. Well done to liberty for recording it, what a smart girl. His days are numbered.

This story is so scary! How can we protect our teenagers and children from these predators? This happened in 2012/13 I think, and even since then technology has come on so much. This lady sat in her sons room while he was on his computer to try to protect him and it still wasn't enough, now teens have phones with unlimited data in their pockets 24/7. They have no respite or escape from online groomers.

I was interested to see her speak about rehabilitation for the offenders, and this reminds me of the "teaching men not to rape women". Just like women having to be aware of personal safety, young people need to be aware of online safety but just like predatory men, I don't know how you can stamp out online grooming.

I have very little interest in young people's issues personally but this story has scared me! I have nephews and hope to have my own children one day and I want to know how to spot the red flags and help them!

Also how awful was it that he was able to tweet about her while he was in prison!?!? Absolutely twisted individual!
There was a programme on channel 4 called the peadophile hunters and they said imagine if someone knocked on your door and said hi I’m a sex offender can I go sit in your child’s room with them please? Well that’s what’s potentially happening every time a child is sat ‘safe’ in their room with a phone or computer, sick evil people have access to them! It’s just so scary 😞 I think you have to drag out having these devices for as long as possible and then heavily monitor them. I feel so sad for Breck’s mum ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 11
There was a programme on channel 4 called the peadophile hunters and they said imagine if someone knocked on your door and said hi I’m a sex offender can I go sit in your child’s room with them please? Well that’s what’s potentially happening every time a child is sat ‘safe’ in their room with a phone or computer, sick evil people have access to them! It’s just so scary 😞 I think you have to drag out having these devices for as long as possible and then heavily monitor them. I feel so sad for Breck’s mum ☹
I find it so perplexing how changes in technology have led to complex issues surrounding child safety. We give our children phones so that they have a method of contact when they are starting to walk to and from school on their own - just in case a stranger approaches them and we have all these apps for safety - but it doesn't stop children talking to predators with malicious intentions on social media apps. We have so many apps for safety with a similar amount of apps, if not more, that are putting children at risk.

I was not given my first phone until I went to secondary school - and even then it was a brick and just meant for emergency contact while I was walking to and from school. We had a desktop computer in our living room that we all had allocated time on. Phones have been developed so much that basic phones are not really made for recent times and every child now has an iphone or android phone app and laptops or ipads in their own rooms. It's so alarming how much things have changed in a relatively short space of time.

Reactions: 7

Someone out there knows something, perhaps a friend or family knows or at least has suspicions, but doesn’t want to go to the police. I wonder if he’s already been interviewed.

Someone out there knows something, perhaps a friend or family knows or at least has suspicions, but doesn’t want to go to the police. I wonder if he’s already been interviewed.
I agree, I also think that’s why the rewards has been put up to tempt them out

Reactions: 2
I agree, I also think that’s why the rewards has been put up to tempt them out
yeah I was going to say the same, they wouldn't just randomly raise it so much 4 years later 🤞 I can't even imagine what it is like for the family not being able to even get justice for their poor daughters

• Sad
Another red handed episode listened to....(sorry I know I always go on about red handed but I listen to it a lot and each episode gets me obsessed 😂)...Joseph Fritzel! It was over three episodes there was so much to get through. Just absolutely staggering what he put that poor girl and her children through 😱 What a sick individual he is

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Another red handed episode listened to....(sorry I know I always go on about red handed but I listen to it a lot and each episode gets me obsessed 😂)...Joseph Fritzel! It was over three episodes there was so much to get through. Just absolutely staggering what he put that poor girl and her children through 😱 What a sick individual he is
this was really one of the most shocking cases ever, I just cannot fathom how someone could do that to anyone, let alone their own daughter. absolutely sick

• Sad
Reactions: 6
yeah I was going to say the same, they wouldn't just randomly raise it so much 4 years later 🤞 I can't even imagine what it is like for the family not being able to even get justice for their poor daughters
I believe it was from an “anonymous donor” whatever that means

• Wow
Reactions: 1
The Delphi case really plays on my mind I’m currently listening to the down the hill podcasts, I wonder what else they can release. Someone knows who this man is.

Reactions: 4
The Delphi case really plays on my mind I’m currently listening to the down the hill podcasts, I wonder what else they can release. Someone knows who this man is.
apparently (from a Crime Junkie podcast I heard on it) they are really hoping because he has a "distinctive" voice that will be a big clue for someone. I wonder how much this was publicised in the US as in the UK I only happened to have heard it on podcasts

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.