Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why would he go all the way from West London to Epping Forest (an area he doesn’t know) to commit suicide? I think he’s been lured there by someone he’s been gaming with. For me it has hints of the Breck Bednar case.
Oh don’t that was awful. His mum seems convinced he met someone though doesn’t she and he was into gaming.

Surely it would have been badly decomposed 3 years later!
I’m thinking it would just be skeleton by that point

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Three years!? Wow! Surely there wasnt an actual body by that point though? How freaky if people had been walking beneath it. I think that’s why they deployed mounted police for this search so they could see high up places.
Well, you'd think it would just be a skeleton hanging there wouldn't you? It came out at the inquest that cause of death couldn't be ascertained, due to decomposition, however, it was stated that the body had a beard, moustache and full sleeve tattoos so there must have been some of it left....?

• Wow
Reactions: 8
why would he go all the way from West London to Epping Forest (an area he doesn’t know) to commit suicide? I think he’s been lured there by someone he’s been gaming with. For me it has hints of the Breck Bednar case.

I recently listened to a podcast about the Breck bednar case. The poor mum even reported the killer to the police but the police never investigated.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The Breck case is so terrifying because his mum did everything right, but there was no support there to help her get through to him.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
The Breck case is so terrifying because his mum did everything right, but there was no support there to help her get through to him.
I've watched quite a few documentaries about the Breck Bednar case, and the Mum knew right at the start - she tried everything to keep Breck away from Lewis and it didn't work. The police should definitely have intervened and helped more, I feel so sad for her whenever I see her because she was let down by the people who were meant to help.

• Sad
Reactions: 12

My heart broke for her. She called 101 the non emergency number, told them his name and how she was concerned that he was being groomed. The killer had a previous rape conviction. All they had to do was put his name into the database and they would have known about it all. The despatch caller says have stepped down so no formal investigation took place.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I've watched quite a few documentaries about the Breck Bednar case, and the Mum knew right at the start - she tried everything to keep Breck away from Lewis and it didn't work. The police should definitely have intervened and helped more, I feel so sad for her whenever I see her because she was let down by the people who were meant to help.
I don't have children, and probably won't, but it terrifies me how it is seemingly impossible to protect your children from online threats like these, even in the situation you are aware etc... she did everything "right" and STILL it was impossible. absolutely terrifying

• Sad
Reactions: 9
as a mum of young boys, one who games, this particularly gets to me 😪 - his mum did everything she could, heartbreaking!

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’ve just had a news alert that police looking for Richard have found a body in a pond, still to be identified though 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My heart broke for her. She called 101 the non emergency number, told them his name and how she was concerned that he was being groomed. The killer had a previous rape conviction. All they had to do was put his name into the database and they would have known about it all. The despatch caller says have stepped down so no formal investigation took place.
Little bit personal but I called the police once in regards to a man who was near to young family members and I felt was worrying. The mum of the kids thought he was absolutely fine but I found out he followed young girl models and dancers on IG and it just wasn’t right. The police officer on the phone said he wasn’t breaking any laws and that it was up to their mum to contact them if she was worried. What more is someone supposed to do? They’re older now and I will never know if something happened. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Finished watching Football’s Darkest Secret last night and that opened up some similar questions in my mind. Those poor parents now, knowing what happened to their boys at the hands of people they trusted. I’m not sure I’d let my child go and stay overnight with a single, adult male, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Who do you trust??

Little bit personal but I called the police once in regards to a man who was near to young family members and I felt was worrying. The mum of the kids thought he was absolutely fine but I found out he followed young girl models and dancers on IG and it just wasn’t right. The police officer on the phone said he wasn’t breaking any laws and that it was up to their mum to contact them if she was worried. What more is someone supposed to do? They’re older now and I will never know if something happened. 😞

Last edited:
Just came to post this😢

if it is Richard this is very sad news .
I wonder what made him go across London to Epping Forest? Theres a few ponds in various parts the forest but someone not local to the area may not have been aware of them as not all them are big. Theres a few round High Beech which wouldnt be that visible in the dark.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’ve been checking for news on Richard every morning. How dreadful.
Obviously ID is pending but certainly looks as like It will be his body. 💔

• Sad
if it is Richard this is very sad news .
I wonder what made him go across London to Epping Forest? Theres a few ponds in various parts the forest but someone not local to the area may not have been aware of them as not all them are big. Theres a few round High Beech which wouldnt be that visible in the dark.
So so sad. It’s quite a long way isn’t it and it was quite while after he was seen in London and then seen in Loughton and it seems likely to be suicide now so was he wondering around thinking about what he was going to do? Where he was going to go? Poor lad.

• Sad
So so sad. It’s quite a long way isn’t it and it was quite while after he was seen in London and then seen in Loughton and it seems likely to be suicide now so was he wondering around thinking about what he was going to do? Where he was going to go? Poor lad.
it seems strange to go all that way if it was suicide. maybe he was meeting someone one? i hope its not foul play and that his family get some answers and closure xx

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It was released on 29th March this year so very up-to-date, it will be interesting to hear what extra information has been uncovered since the Dispatches programmes was released.

Here's the link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09byqvn

Sorry, only just seen your post. Thought I was up to date on this thread but clearly my notifications haven't been working! Apologies for duplicating what you've already posted.
Not at all. In fact you've reminded me that I still haven't started listening to this yet. Might see if the Dispatches documentary is still around too.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.