Real Life Crime and Murder #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thinking of people saying the speculation online may end up harming the SE case as it’s hard to get an unbiased jury after all that, would that also be an issue in the arrest this morning? As the case has been covered so extensively over the years, most people will already have an opinion. I suppose there must be some way to control for it in the higher profile cases.

Reactions: 2
Here is some info about it, I know we shouldn't post to other threads but it'll answer your question... if you Google it, it should come up on a reddit thread and it's said there what can be done to recover data
Thank you, that’s what I was thinking re the card if it got rusty in the water they might not be able to retrieve anything. A matter of working against time in that case.

Reactions: 1
Thinking of people saying the speculation online may end up harming the SE case as it’s hard to get an unbiased jury after all that, would that also be an issue in the arrest this morning? As the case has been covered so extensively over the years, most people will already have an opinion. I suppose there must be some way to control for it in the higher profile cases.
Speaking of unbiased juries, I saw on court TV this morning they are still selecting the jury for the George floyd murder case. From what I remember they have selected 9 and still have to select 3.
I'm kind of interested in that case but I probably won't follow it too closely because I find it pretty upsetting.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been catching up with Murder in a Small Town, I know very little about the Jodi Jones case. As previous posters have stated it’s obviously a very one sided documentary. What is the case against him - for people who believe he’s guilty?

Speaking of unbiased juries, I saw on court TV this morning they are still selecting the jury for the George floyd murder case. From what I remember they have selected 9 and still have to select 3.
I'm kind of interested in that case but I probably won't follow it too closely because I find it pretty upsetting.
Yeah, jury selection in big cases goes on for weeks in the USA.

There was a crimes that shook britain episode about Rachel Nickell on crime+investigation just now. I didn’t know much about the original case because I was really young at the time and never really looked into it. The way they implicated that poor man while Napper was still at large was terrible! I didn’t know that he has also raped and murdered another woman and her child. So many duck ups there he could have been caught much sooner.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
There was a crimes that shook britain episode about Rachel Nickell on crime+investigation just now. I didn’t know much about the original case because I was really young at the time and never really looked into it. The way they implicated that poor man while Napper was still at large was terrible! I didn’t know that he has also raped and murdered another woman and her child. So many duck ups there he could have been caught much sooner.
If you read Paul Britton's book, The Jigsaw Man, you'll understand that there were many reasons to suspect Colin Stagg. Not many people would get an erection when shown a crime scene photograph of a dead woman for example.

Paul Britton was the criminal psychologist who helped devise the "honey trap" at the suggestion of the police and became the fall guy for it all. It's a really interesting read.

He also covers the murders of Samantha & Jasmine Bisset along with the Green Chain rapes, all committed by Robert Napper, the man who murdered Rachel Nickell, which he was involved in as well.

Lots of other crimes are covered in the book too including the murder of James Bulger, Fred & Rose West, Colin Pitchfork (first man convicted using DNA) - all of which he worked with the police on.

I would really recommend it.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Been watching this on and off. They’ve dropped 2 today because they said they wouldn’t be able to remain impartial due to the civil lawsuit settlement.

• Sad
Been watching this on and off. They’ve dropped 2 today because they said they wouldn’t be able to remain impartial due to the civil lawsuit settlement.
What did I tell you? Utterly bleeping ridiculous that the settlement was announced during jury selection! I realise it's a pre trial settlement but surely it could have been kept quiet until after the trial?!

Who witnessed that though? They were seemingly just all stories that he made up to go along with the honey trap.
It happened during a police interview IIRC. It's been a long time since I read the book but it was definitely when he was shown a crime scene photograph and that was not part of the honey trap.

Last edited:
  • Wow
If you read Paul Britton's book, The Jigsaw Man, you'll understand that there were many reasons to suspect Colin Stagg. Not many people would get an erection when shown a crime scene photograph of a dead woman for example.

Paul Britton was the criminal psychologist who helped devise the "honey trap" at the suggestion of the police and became the fall guy for it all. It's a really interesting read.

He also covers the murders of Samantha & Jasmine Bisset along with the Green Chain rapes, all committed by Robert Napper, the man who murdered Rachel Nickell, which he was involved in as well.

Lots of other crimes are covered in the book too including the murder of James Bulger, Fred & Rose West, Colin Pitchfork (first man convicted using DNA) - all of which he worked with the police on.

I would really recommend it.
That’s a brilliant book. I believe he was who they based the TV character “Cracker” on?

It happened during a police interview IIRC. It's been a long time since I read the book but it was definitely when he was shown a crime scene photograph and that was not part of the honey trap.
I think you might be mistaken, I tried to find if there’s been anything said that it was in police interview and there’s nothing online only that he admitted it to the undercover police woman. Excerpt from Paul Britton book says the same thing but perhaps it’s buried in the book somewhere. Quite vile if that’s true as were some of the things he was saying but I genuinely think he was a bit of a simpleton and couldn’t believe his luck when an attractive woman was interested in him. He said he thought she was nutter so he was a fool to go along with it but I’ve seen things like that before. Wasn’t there something on tv recently where the guy went along with the woman saying she wanted him to kill her husband? I think it was 24 hours in police custody maybe.

I think you might be mistaken, I tried to find if there’s been anything said that it was in police interview and there’s nothing online only that he admitted it to the undercover police woman. Excerpt from Paul Britton book says the same thing but perhaps it’s buried in the book somewhere. Quite vile if that’s true as were some of the things he was saying but I genuinely think he was a bit of a simpleton and couldn’t believe his luck when an attractive woman was interested in him. He said he thought she was nutter so he was a fool to go along with it but I’ve seen things like that before. Wasn’t there something on tv recently where the guy went along with the woman saying she wanted him to kill her husband? I think it was 24 hours in police custody maybe.
You could well be right - as I said, it's been a long time since I read it. Maybe he told her that he got an erection when shown the photograph and I've just got confused. It's still a very odd thing to make up though.

And yes, that did happen on 24 Hours In Police Custody.

Changing the subject to Stuart Lubbock, this does sound like a promising arrest for once.

That’s a brilliant book. I believe he was who they based the TV character “Cracker” on?
Yes, allegedly. There's a follow up called Picking Up The Pieces, that focuses more on his clinical work but does cover some further crimes including the still unsolved murder of Janet Brown.

Astounded about the Stuart Lubbock news. Really hope there can be answers after all this time and someone held responsible for the attack and murder of Stuart.

Reactions: 13
Always found the jury selection process in America weird tbh though I'm only really familiar with it through TV.
I can see some benefits to it, but realistically seeing as American news is allowed to run wild with everything and anything regarding cases, impartiality is far harder to achieve.
Plus a simple google search pops up with a lot of articles on how their jury selection is apparently racially biased? Not that I know much about that, but there's a bit of an irony there

Astounded about the Stuart Lubbock news. Really hope there can be answers after all this time and someone held responsible for the attack and murder of Stuart.
Essex police have released a statement saying that significant information came to light off the back of the documentary last year and also due to the enhanced reward that had been offered. They are now going to be re-interviewing everyone else who was there that night and they do sound pretty certain that they will bring the perpetrator(s) to justice at long last.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Can’t believe the news about Stuart Lubbock. A horrific murder that his poor family have never gotten any closure from. His Dad has never given up trying to find answers, bless him. Really hope they get those answers 🤞🏻

Reactions: 14
Is anyone familiar with the case of Sherri Papini? It baffles me. I can’t work out if she was just genuinely kidnapped or it was faked? It’s honestly an insane case. Kendall Rae has a good video of it on YouTube. It’s a really interesting case but beware you will become fixated 🤣
I just watched Kendall's video on this and I came out not having much doubt that she was genuinely kidnapped. There are definitely some uncertainties but the fact she's been totally silent ever since makes me think it was all real and not faked...

Reactions: 3
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.