Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Jurors began deliberating in the Chad Daybell trial yesterday. Surely he will be found guilty on all charges so then would begin penalty phase as he faces the death penalty.

Reactions: 2
Wonder who this is & why it's not mainstream news?

It’s been talked about over on the secret celebrity gossip page and there’s a name going round on Twitter/X. I think there must be reporting restrictions because of the nature of the accusations and the age of the victim might make them identifiable which is against the law.

Libertine1975

VIP Member
Agree…sometimes her lawyers seem they are going down an avenue that isn’t too important. But maybe it all ties up in the end somehow. I’m annoyed the prosecution has gone over so many irrelevant things but not given evidence of the timeline and injuries. That would make the other witness’ testimony more relevant. If person a, b, c all were at the house at 12:30am does it matter if the prosecution says something happened at 1 am!! We don’t know!! We don’t know their theory and evidence of the case.
I feel like the prosecution are spending a lot of time trying to debunk the conspiracy theory the defence is putting forward rather than focusing on their own case. We will get the testimony about the injuries John suffered but it seems they are leaving it to the end. Maybe keeling their strongest evidence until last.

Crazy87

Jury are now deliberating in the Simon Shotton case. They are both clearly liars, but I don’t think they can find Atkins guilty on the count of murder, even if they want to, it’s just not 100% certain that he wasn’t acting in self defence.
---
Pereira has clearly perverted the course of justice so will probably be found guilty of that, but not murder.
I have to agree I can’t see either of them being found guilty of murder. The fact the jury have been out for 2 days leads me to think they will be not guilty. I personally think he his guilty of murder and think Pereria had a lot more involvement.

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
The victim had taken a very long tome in the queue. She had Alzheimer's and couldn't understand that she had already taken money out of her account earlier that week, and had got very confused.

As she finally left, Richman made a loud and nasty comment about "About time etc" - an unnecessary remark, and Richman must have been aware from the interaction with the bank staff that the victim was mentally as well as physically vulnerable. The victim responded with a handbag smack (which TBH, I don't think will have been painful - annoying, yes, but there wasn't much force behind it) and as the victim was turning away Richman shoved her - hard. She fractured her skull, I believe, and several other bones, and died a few days later in hospital.

Richman ignored the injured woman even though other people rushed to her aid, and went home.

EDIT - saw post immediately before mine - was it a stick? I thought a handbag. Whatever it was, the older woman's behaviour didn't justify either the initial snide comment or the response to the blow.
Sorry, you gave a much better description of events than me. Yes it was her bag.

Brandshinynew

VIP Member
Hayley Comet who does true crime on tiktok done an exposure of Rochelle last night. Apparently been claiming to have helped find missing people and stuff has been lying and scamming. I didn’t watch the full thing because I’ve never really seen much of Rochelle before but just thought I’d mention it
From reading posts on the group it appears she's a nasty piece of work and gets nasty if questioned too.

Not all folks from that area are wrong uns. It will be interesting to see what happens at the trial
This case is fairly local to me and from what I’m hearing it’s not that straight forward and actual motives are somewhat unclear so I’m interested in the trial too

LloydsBoosters

VIP Member
Anyone else following the Simon Shotton case - Bournemouth? Can’t find today’s live trial and it says the accused refused to attend - but it won’t let me read the article without subscribing. Anyone know what happened today? Was Periera still in the stand?

Can’t remember if I’ve posted in this thread before but I’ve been lurking for a long time and currently making my way through previous threads 👋

Crazy87

Verdicts in.

Pereira guilty of perverting the course of justice, not guilty for murder.

Atkins guilty of murder. I am shocked that it was a majority 11-1 verdict. I thought a couple more would lean towards self defence. Not saying I believe that, but it wasn’t completely beyond reasonable doubt.
I’m surprised he didn’t get off for self defence tbh but I agree he is guilty of murder. I wonder how long Pereira will get? surely not the long considering the time she’s already spent on remand. Still say she knows more and had more involvement.

Bread

Chatty Member
Just read this and I want to be sick. Absolutely disgusting, so very telling that psychiatrists found nothing wrong with him

He has a partner? FFS!
---
Oh...

Is it wrong to find that quite touching?

• Haha

cryptix

VIP Member
Thank you for all this detail - so fascinating.

I’m not saying that I disbelieve the mum but it’s interesting that she didn’t speak out so loudly when he was around.
Same!! I wasn't aware of all the complex issues.i always thought it was odd that she never said much when he was alive.especially as they are divorced it's not as if he would of been the spokes person for both if that makes any sense lol

iLoveMeSomeCanoles

Chatty Member
Has anyone been watching the new documentary series on C4 tonight, Imposter: The Man Who Came back from the Dead?
It's about Nicholas Rossi AKA Arthur Knight.

Really enjoying it so far. It's made me laugh a few times, how pathetic and deluded he and his wife come across. There has been a few twists and turns so far and it's really well made I think.

I think all four eps on are available on catch-up already.
Yes I watched it. Cannot believe this actually happened! At first I thought the slightly comedic tone was a bit inappropriate but his hideous deeds have been described very well and with the seriousness they deserve.

The wife reminds me a bit of Milky Sue for some reason, the way she speaks possibly.

wibble

VIP Member
I see lawtube is all of flutter following Nick Rekeita's arrest for drug possession.

Violetroselily

VIP Member