Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

tivadiva

This is very possible. I can’t imagine an arrest for making (what could be) a mistake with a sling but there might be history, or witnesses who reported something of concern earlier on.
Unfortunately speaking to paediatrician friends it’s not rare, which is why following the TICKS guidelines so important. Have to admit I do give advice if out and about and see v unsafe sling wearing.

Reactions: 3

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Slightly off topic but MH related.
I was on my way to work this morning and I went cross country to avoid the inevitable car park that the M56 has become and the car in front of me slowed down to practically 5 mph then speeds up then starts veering from side to side. The passenger door opens and I could see an elderley lady trying to get out of the moving car, it stopped and myself and a couple of others went to help. It was an elderly couple in their late 80s. She was having a BP episode and thought her husband was going to kill her ( he wasn’t )
They have no children or neighbours and absolutely zero help from their GP who claims there is nothing wrong with the lady. The paramedics arrived and calmed her slightly but they took over an hour so I stayed with them. I felt so bloody sorry for them both. He called me just now to thank me and I offered to help with getting them some support at home as he’s 88 and he can’t cope much longer on his own as he has no support network.
MH is an absolutely epidemic now over all age groups and the NHS is stretched to breaking point … I’m really worried for this sweet couple who have been married for 60+ years.
It’s such an utter mess.
Apologies for the me rail.
I was just wondering, how did you know that the woman was having an episode and that what she was saying wasn't true?

wibble

VIP Member
Let me guess - you're a cyclist!!!

I couldnt believe this lady was jailed. Not when there's many, many criminals wandering the streets.

For me this was a total freak accident - a lady with her own issues - shouting at a lady who didnt seem in control of her bicycle - who then falls under the wheel of the someone's car.

If any of these 3 people had been 2 seconds earlier or later - possibly none of this would have happened.

Plus, personally I think the car driver was 'lucky' Auriel Grey was there because she might have ended up being the one in dock seeing as car drivers seem to be blame for everything.

Was only last week a cyclist knocked down a pedestrian who later died. But guess what - no charges there.

And Auriel Gray has been locked up in prison so I hardly think she has emerged unscathed. And if she is oblivious, that adds more weight to the argument that she shouldn't have been charged in the first place.

This is a very sad incident for everyone concerned.
Guess again.

LilPinkie

VIP Member
If anyone is interested in how cold cases are solved, I’ve just finished reading (well listening as it was an audiobook) ‘To hunt a killer’ by Julie Mackay. I thought it was really interesting.
That book is amazing. Co-written with Robert Murphy whose new book, Decoy, has just come out. That’s another good read.

Multi-21

VIP Member
If she'd left the pram with a cover on it "to keep the sun out" 🙄🙄🙄 IT INCREASES THE TEMPERATURE INSIDE BY 10°C. Left the baby whilst she went on the ride? Several times before checking the baby? But then they put about the water ride and I assume he fell in and she maybe didn't notice? Or care? Or do something? How do you "sneak" a baby on board?
Looking at the DM article above it seems you wouldn’t need to sneak a baby on as long as you are an adult with them. I had originally thought that but maybe being left in their pram outside is more likely. If a baby was screaming in a pram outside a ride though you’d like to think other visitors/staff would have noticed and intervened quickly

Officedoor123

VIP Member
Yeah I saw the post about someone ripping down the posters apparently another missing girls were ripped down too ( i think in the same area.
You just know that people in the group have been ringing the hospitals to see if she's there so they can rush to the group with the breaking news.

I can see why the police had to issue warnings to people in the Nicola Bulley case.
People are talking about contacting Peter Faulding the diver guy about helping. They need to wind their necks in.
---
Omg I've just seen that someone has found some airpods in Folkestone which look similar to ones pictured in her hand in a confirmed photo of her.
Someone has posted that they are irrelevant because there has been no mention of her being in Folkestone. How the hell does he know, he's not part of the police investigation?
Other people are saying hand them to police, thank god someone with a braincell has suggested to actually leave them alone, don't touch them and call police.
Some of them really are idiotic. They think she's now been seen in dover and people are going to Dover to check random peoples Ring door bells!

• Wow
  • Haha
Is anyone else following the case of the woman stabbed to death in her flat? Seems like it was someone looking to rent her flat from her for £30k a month. I wonder whether they got into a row about payment or something?
I didn't realise but apparently the police are currently trying to extradite someone, presumably the prospective tenant.

Its such a weird case all round… did her boyfriend normally communicate via air bnb??

• Wow

MedeaWho

Chatty Member
I don’t understand the video with an old lady being pushed. I can see her hitting the pusher. What happened before?

I honestly don’t know how I’d react if somebody unexpectedly hit me. Would I even register they were frail? I don’t know. If this a complete surprise, then perhaps the reaction was just an instinct? If there was a prior altercation and she knew the lady was old and confused, it’s a different matter.

Doyouknowwhatimean

Chatty Member
Looks like her mum turned up for the first day at least.
Maybe she’s been cropped from photos in the subsequent days but unlikely.
I can't believe she had her hair styled (highlighted) inbetween court visits. We all love a trip to the salon but I think it shows how she's just not talking it seriously.

Violetroselily

VIP Member
Such a weird story. Saying “died after a cardiac arrest” is as vague as saying “died after the heart stopped beating” (I realise the vagueness is deliberate at this stage). There’s a mention of the baby being in a sling, so a good chance that he could have suffocated due to being placed in it incorrectly. But that would surely be a tragic accident and wouldn’t be grounds to arrest a parent for neglect?

Thinking back to cases where babies have died after sleeping in the same bed or sofa as a parent, have parents been arrested for neglect then too?
This mother was prosecuted, though she was drunk at the time

• Sad
Reactions: 2

wibble

VIP Member
I've been trying to work out how on earth this could have happened (in a neglectful sense), at 1pm, in a queue for that ride. It doesn't make sense. For instance, if they'd left the baby whilst they went on, what on earth caused the cardiac arrest?!

The only thing I can think of is that the baby fell in the water and the cardiac arrest was due to drowning. Why would you take a baby on there?!

"Respiratory causes are the most common. There is considerable overlap between categories. Causes include respiratory infections such as pneumonia and bronchiolitis.

Other respiratory causes include asthma, apnea, aspiration, smoke inhalation, and drowning. Infectious causes also include sepsis and meningitis. Cardiac causes include congenital lesions, commotio cordis, arrhythmias, and cardiomyopathies. Traumatic causes include blunt trauma to the head or chest, ingestions, drowning, and child abuse
."

Take your pick...

Though seeing as there was an arrest, I'm guessing blunt force trauma or choking.

• Sad

VicksterIcon

Chatty Member
Verdicts in.

Pereira guilty of perverting the course of justice, not guilty for murder.

Atkins guilty of murder. I am shocked that it was a majority 11-1 verdict. I thought a couple more would lean towards self defence. Not saying I believe that, but it wasn’t completely beyond reasonable doubt.
Very surprised too - I thought manslaughter but thankfully the jury was not taken in.

Her dad supporting her seems crazy to me. Does she have nieces or nephews?? The fact she was already on bail and did it again... she's dangerous.
Her dad looked quite tearful in the photos today. I don't know if I could be so visually supportive, aside from that I'd feel very responsible for my child's actions and wouldn't want to be seen to shy away from that.

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Hopefully...

I'm guessing the attempted murder is being tried first because it is the more serious charge.
---

Ah yes, the lovely Susan...

I've never heard of her before so I had to Google.
My God, she's like Dorothea Puente, Belle Gunness, Ray Copeland and Robert Pickton all rolled into one!!! 😧