Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would also be interesting to get the perspective from our Death Row penpal to check if their mate prefers life or the easy way out of death. Because the appeal after appeal that Death Row inmates put in, which often stretches their time on death row to years or in his case decades, suggests a determination to fight tooth and nail to avoid an easy way out in favour of self suffering. Non deterrent self suffering at that.

Please make it make sense.
This is something that we have talked about when one of his friends was executed after 31 years in prison, not because he appealed and appealed just because of state paperwork and arguing about legalities.

If Ohio could get drugs James would be dead by now and I think he is at peace with that and would prefer it. The waiting and waiting because they cannot execute their inmates, which seems endless is pretty much life inside because Ohio aren't going to start using other methods either. And life inside where he is, is 'nicer' than life in a regular American prison where they are over crowded and 23hrs in your cell.

i have never asked him outright (I do think he genuinely believes he was gained by his legal teams) but I think if he had a choice he would pick death vs life.

Reactions: 6
There's a new series on Channel 4 called Catching a Copper investigating police in the wrong.
I'm 5 mins in with my mouth wide open in shock.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I saw an advert last night for a show on channel 5 a year on from Nicola Bulley about the “unanswered questions”. Why can’t they leave her poor family alone

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I saw an advert last night for a show on channel 5 a year on from Nicola Bulley about the “unanswered questions”. Why can’t they leave her poor family alone
I think the problem is that the family and friends invited the media in initially which is why it was such a big story.

The lady who went missing and drowned around Christmas in Norfolk we’ve heard nothing further because the family didn’t court the press so they’ve been left alone.

Reactions: 21
I spent the weekend doing my regular read-through of the list of unsolved murders 1990s to present on Wikipedia.

Now I'm feeling a bit spooked because one of them just came up on local news as it's the 25th anniversary and the family are still campaigning for justice and want a public enquiry. It seems the police handled the case badly.

Sussex police are useless, wilfully, maliciously incompetent. I’ll never forgive what they did to poor Shana https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shana_Grice

They couldn’t even be bothered to pretend to investigate this one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Trigg

I hope Jay’s family get justice, but it won’t be through anything Sussex police do.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There's a new series on Channel 4 called Catching a Copper investigating police in the wrong.
I'm gonna watch that tonight.
The snippet of the story that was in 24hrs in police custody ( I think) with the female officer that was stirring a case with the poor lad who was attacked who ended up commiting suicide got me thinking about how the police deal with issues like this.

I'm gonna watch that tonight.
The snippet of the story that was in 24hrs in police custody ( I think) with the female officer that was stirring a case with the poor lad who was attacked who ended up commiting suicide got me thinking about how the police deal with issues like this.
I started watching it thinking it was gonna be about stuff like this but it's way worse. It's literally them abusing people they're 'arresting' caught (mostly) on their own bodycams. Spoiler: absolutely no real consequence for any of them

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Catch a copper is absolutely shocking. Won't spoilt it but been a really hard watch so far. That poor girl.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I started watching it thinking it was gonna be about stuff like this but it's way worse. It's literally them abusing people they're 'arresting' caught (mostly) on their own bodycams. Spoiler: absolutely no real consequence for any of them
Oh god really 😥

I just came on to ask if anyone had watched this. Obviously I know this stuff goes on but watching the footage is absolutely shocking!

Reactions: 4
I just came on to ask if anyone had watched this. Obviously I know this stuff goes on but watching the footage is absolutely shocking!
I'm watching it right now. It is shocking. I don't trust any copper. They don't show themselves in a very good light.

Reactions: 9
I knew it would be bad based on the comments here earlier, but it was jaw dropping. I also can't believe how stupid they must are to do those things whilst wearing body cameras.

Reactions: 10
I knew it would be bad based on the comments here earlier, but it was jaw dropping. I also can't believe how stupid they must are to do those things whilst wearing body cameras.
It was the two "police officers" who didn't switch of their body cam after dealing with the disabled lady too. What they did on body cam was enough but more must be said off.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.