Real Life Crime and Murder #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree, every country should have that. We should have that! If you are willing to murder someone then you should die in prison. It's hard when it comes to children though, they aren't developed and easily lead by others. In james bulgers case, one of them has repeatedly offended and he should never be released, he had his chance. The other one though hasn't committed a crime since I don't think? Please correct me if I'm wrong. When it comes to children who kill others I don't know if life behind bars is the answer, some people can be rehabilitated especially younger people. In others cases though there's just no hope in that person being rehabilitated so they belong in prison.
Thompson was released aged 18 and as far as the public are aware, he has never reoffended. He has a partner who knows his history.
The letter he wrote when asking for parole, he said he had had a better life and education for being in the child prison (I know that isn't the real name for it) which would make me so mad if I James' mum.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Thompson was released aged 18 and as far as the public are aware, he has never reoffended. He has a partner who knows his history.
The letter he wrote when asking for parole, he said he had had a better life and education for being in the child prison (I know that isn't the real name for it) which would make me so mad if I James' mum.
He’s completely turned his life around unlike that other dirty bastard currently locked up he will never change that one. He’s pure evil

Reactions: 15
A life sentence, that is actually whole life. I can’t get onboard with the death penalty, but if you murder someone then you should spend your entire life in prison.
Same. Life should mean life but I can’t get on board with the death penalty other than in very very exceptional cases (Hitler, the adult people who shoot up schools and were arrested in the act) because you can’t take it back if the person is exonerated later. At least if it’s a life sentence they can be released (though I appreciate with years of their life they can’t get back), but you can’t unkill someone.

Reactions: 4
When has death, the literal end to existence, ever been an easy way out of anything?
When someone who has done something awful to you and then kills themselves or dies without doing their sentence that's the easy way out for them, they get out for having to spend the rest of their lives inside prison.

Think of the 3 girls who were kidnapped and held hostage for years in America, they finally were free and their captor facing justice killed himself. I would rather them rot for the rest of their lives.

Reactions: 8
Think of the 3 girls who were kidnapped and held hostage for years in America, they finally were free and their captor facing justice killed himself. I would rather them rot for the rest of their lives.
What case was this please?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched Sky crime about Lee Ford from Cornwall,Murdered wife and her children,Bloody horrendous.This piece of tit never ever be released.

What an absolute animal. I hope his remaining children have managed to rebuild their lives, without their mother or siblings.

Reactions: 5
His name is Ariel Castro, wiki has a lot of information about it. Think it was in Ohio which has the death penalty.
he's the guy that was so sex obsessed he was trying some kind of kinky thing with a rope in prison that stops the oxygen going to your brain and gives you a horn and he ended up killing himself accidentally

Reactions: 5
His name is Ariel Castro, wiki has a lot of information about it. Think it was in Ohio which has the death penalty.
That’s him. What a completely awful situation fit those women. Years of suffering.
I have a friend who was abducted. They never found her body, and there has never been closure. My worst fear is that she is alive in someone’s basement chained to a radiator. I just hope she isn’t suffering somewhere.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
he's the guy that was so sex obsessed he was trying some kind of kinky thing with a rope in prison that stops the oxygen going to your brain and gives you a horn and he ended up killing himself accidentally
Yeah it was ruled as suicide but was suggested that he was starving himself of oxygen for gratification and it went wrong.
---
That’s him. What a completely awful situation fit those women. Years of suffering.
I have a friend who was abducted. They never found her body, and there has never been closure. My worst fear is that she is alive in someone’s basement chained to a radiator. I just hope she isn’t suffering somewhere.
I'm so sorry to hear that, I hope she isn't suffering either.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I always forget about sky crime.
I bet there's loads of interesting documentaries I could watch. Any good ones anyone can suggest?

Reactions: 1
I’ve just watched Sky crime about Lee Ford from Cornwall,Murdered wife and her children,Bloody horrendous.This piece of tit never ever be released.

I find it hard to comprehend how someone who murdered 5 people can only have been given a minimum term of 27 years? Surely this is a case where a whole-life tariff should have been considered and if not given, a much much longer minimum term.

Reactions: 12
I think prison sentences in the UK are far too lenient and I hate that multiple sentences run concurrently. I remember watching the video of Daniel Holtzclaw getting sentenced to 263 years due to multiple rapes and sexual assault. I wish we had something like that here.

Reactions: 10
When someone who has done something awful to you and then kills themselves or dies without doing their sentence that's the easy way out for them, they get out for having to spend the rest of their lives inside prison.
Hmmm. I suppose I kind of get that, but if accepted in it’s entirety does it not turn the whole argument about the death penalty on it’s head? Meaning that it’s advocates are the humane ones for ending the suffering of the prisoner quickly and efficiently, whereas the abolitionists are the froth mouthed vengeance seekers because they want the prisoner to suffer everyday for the rest of his natural life in a state that is, we are to believe, worse than actual death?

It would also be interesting to get the perspective from our Death Row penpal to check if their mate prefers life or the easy way out of death. Because the appeal after appeal that Death Row inmates put in, which often stretches their time on death row to years or in his case decades, suggests a determination to fight tooth and nail to avoid an easy way out in favour of self suffering. Non deterrent self suffering at that.

Please make it make sense.

I always forget about sky crime.
I bet there's loads of interesting documentaries I could watch. Any good ones anyone can suggest?
Forensics: Catching the killer. New series on Monday at 9pm and repeats throughput the week

• Heart
A genuine question because I've seen a lot about atonement in the last few pages. What do people think is an appropriate level of atonement for two lives? Because that's the thing with murder. It's absolutely final for the victim. Basically what price do you set on human life? The atonement you need to carry out is set by the court. You can appeal that if you think it's unfair, but it IS the atonement that you are set.

Let's also not create a martyr out of Ronald Sanford. Read the caselaw decision, which is based on the facts, for balance to an agenda driven change.org petition. These elderly ladies were his neighbours, they were known to Sanford, selected because of their vulnerability, and each were stabbed multiple times. Can you think of a reason other than to kill, which would require multiple stabbings? Self defence? Both ladies were in their 80s and would have been no threat to him even at 13.

Just because a guy is articulate doesn't make him innocent. Wasn't Ted Bundy notoriously personable?
The criminal justice system is a system (obviously), and the absolute basics of any system is there are loopholes and failures. It’s not possible in any system to plug these: you fix one vulnerability and another pops up elsewhere. The legal system exists to maintain this system, and keep
It as safe as possible.

there is no criminal justice system that every member of the population agrees with. I think the English / Welsh system is excellent, and am not aware of a better one. bearing in mind, as above, in any system you must accept loopholes and failures.

I don’t believe the Criminal justice system delivers “atonement”. I think it exists to prove rehabilitation and protect the public. This is achieved to some degree through punishment, the withdrawal of basic freedoms.

I think what people really can’t accept when they post as above is humankind. We are intelligent mammals who built a society with protections and systems. But we are violent- we murder people. We always have and always will. If you’re coming from a place of preventing any murder through punishment, you’re coming from the wrong place. As a poster already said it’s been shown time and time again that punishment no matter how severe isn’t a deterrent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.