Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the delphi murders it makes my blood run cold that a family member considered it okay to drop two young girls off at such a remote desolate spot to go walking.

The first couple of years after their murders we were led to believe they were dropped off at a busy section of the trails, a section that was popular in attracting lots of visitors.

The photo that was taken of the man/suspect backs up that this clearly wasn't the case because it shows a much more isolated remote area.
From someone who has read up and listened to so much of this case in the last five years, this was completely normal for residents of Delphi and a lot of trails in the States are like this. In fact, when you watch the YouTube vids of some who walk the trial, it’s actually no different to some national parks in this country. And the bridge actually isn’t far from where they were dropped off so they actually weren’t far into the trail. They were teenage girls. To hike a trail should be ok. The blame lies with the killer. No one else.

It was an older sister thst dropped them off. Although she herself was a teenager at the time I still couldn't imagine my teenage self dropping off a younger sibling to such a place.

This is a photo that was taken on the day. You can see its not a popular busy trail

View attachment 1722858
You really need to watch a video to get some context. Not remote to the locals at all. And teenagers went over this bridge all the time despite it being rickety. It was quiet that day because it was a day off school so a lot of people would’ve been working.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
From someone who has read up and listened to so much of this case in the last five years, this was completely normal for residents of Delphi and a lot of trails in the States are like this. In fact, when you watch the YouTube vids of some who walk the trial, it’s actually no different to some national parks in this country. And the bridge actually isn’t far from where they were dropped off so they actually weren’t far into the trail. They were teenage girls. To hike a trail should be ok. The blame lies with the killer. No one else.

You really need to watch a video to get some context. Not remote to the locals at all. And teenagers went over this bridge all the time despite it being rickety. It was quiet that day because it was a day off school so a lot of people would’ve been working.
No context needed. I've overdosed on delphi videos and I still stand by my original comment.

I was also brought up in the countryside but we still had areas that were off limits and I can see that's the point you're missing. Just because locals didn't consider it remote doesn't mean there weren't boundaries set by parents in terms of where they can explore.

In one YT video I watched it stated that the cousin of one the victims was supposed to join them on a previous trip there but was prevented from doing so when her mother was told of the location they were going to. So while some teenagers were allowed there are clearly some that weren't permitted to explore that area without adult supervision.

In an ideal world we should be able to walk and explore safely in differing enviroments however we don't live in an ideal world.

Reactions: 4
If Richard Allan is guilty of the Delphi murders it wouldn’t surprise me if he’s murdered before.
He is 49, he must have been very confident to attack 2 girls in the middle of the afternoon and murder them.
Be interesting to see if he’s now connected with any more unsolved murders

Reactions: 20
The only person to blame for the murder of Abby and Libby is the man who killed them not the parent, sibling, grandparent who dropped them off. They weren't toddlers, it was daytime in an area they probably knew well. Yes, the trail does look creepy, it does look remote but that is probably why the girls wanted to go there to get good pictures.

I am sure the family beat themselves up everyday for their decision but so would they had they dropped them at a shopping centre or at school and the girls had been abducted from there.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
You can’t wrap kids in cotton wool either. They need freedom to explore and be independent. The world is not more dangerous now, we just hear about things more now. And thankfully incidents like this are rare. Two girls out together would be considered safe for most people so I don’t see this as bad parenting or whatever. They were just incredibly unlucky 😞.

Im sure the families must go over that decision every day but they are not to blame.

Reactions: 47
The only person to blame for the murder of Abby and Libby is the man who killed them not the parent, sibling, grandparent who dropped them off. They weren't toddlers, it was daytime in an area they probably knew well. Yes, the trail does look creepy, it does look remote but that is probably why the girls wanted to go there to get good pictures.

I am sure the family beat themselves up everyday for their decision but so would they had they dropped them at a shopping centre or at school and the girls had been abducted from there.
They also had been to the trail many times before, Libby did. Like you said the only person to blame is the murderer.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I live in a rural area in a well populated county. If I took a photograph out walking my dogs in the local Forestry Commission area, it would look desolate and remote. However, it's very popular with dog walkers and walkers with farms and houses not far away. Photos can be deceiving.

Reactions: 17

Massively agree. It was Kelsie who dropped them off, Libby’s sister. She was only around 16/17 herself. They were incredibly close sisters and Kelsie has fought massively hard to keep their story known to get justice. And that’s despite some psycho true crime fans being disgustingly disrespectful to the family.

Reactions: 18
I can't stop thinking about the Delphi case since the arrest. Seeing pictures of where they were, the loneliness and the terror those poor girls must have felt is terrifying to think about.
I hope they've got their guy and the crime junkie in me is really intrigued by the trial and what could come out.
We might need a thread for Delphi when the trial happens as there will be a lot to discuss.

Totally …. There is literally no way I would of crossed that rickety bridge.
I watched the footage and thought that too but I remember crossing a bridge in a similar condition as a child. It was a right of passage where I lived. It was sealed off but kids still crossed it.

My mum flipped at me when I told her as an adult that I crossed it as a child.

I think also the bridge has declined in condition due to the number of curious people crossing it for content.

Reactions: 12

No context needed. I've overdosed on delphi videos and I still stand by my original comment.

I was also brought up in the countryside but we still had areas that were off limits and I can see that's the point you're missing. Just because locals didn't consider it remote doesn't mean there weren't boundaries set by parents in terms of where they can explore.

In one YT video I watched it stated that the cousin of one the victims was supposed to join them on a previous trip there but was prevented from doing so when her mother was told of the location they were going to. So while some teenagers were allowed there are clearly some that weren't permitted to explore that area without adult supervision.

In an ideal world we should be able to walk and explore safely in differing enviroments however we don't live in an ideal world.
But why would everyone be so scared of it? It wasn’t a dangerous place, a place of high crime or somewhere accidents where known to happen.
People probably decide in retrospect- after 2 children were killed there- that it is a place no one should go but that clearly wasn’t the case at the time.

But why would everyone be so scared of it? It wasn’t a dangerous place, a place of high crime or somewhere accidents where known to happen.
People probably decide in retrospect- after 2 children were killed there- that it is a place no one should go but that clearly wasn’t the case at the time.
Where did I say everyone was scared of it. Maybe you've mixed my post up with someone elses.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. No point in going on and on about it.

I think the bridge/trail is interesting. Its easy to say now with hindsight that they shouldn't have been there but it seems as though it was a trail used by so many people all the time. It does remind me of a nature reserve near where I grew up as a child (albeit bigger) and we spent so much time there as kids. Looking back something could definitely have happened to us as kids but we didn't even think about it. We were just kids having fun.

It's so awful that people even have to think about that.

I do think there will be more that comes out about this and it'll be far bigger than just a man killing two girls.

They must have had very convincing evidence on Richard Allen to search his house and then arrest him.

Reactions: 7
FFS why isn’t their SM banned,this is so vile,that murderer from Plymouth was one as well.

Absolute idiots - do they not realise their faces are still changing due to puberty? Probably their hormones changing their face shape not self harm with a hammer 🤦🏼‍♀️ Also wouldn’t a bit of filler be easier or is that too “feminine” 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Reactions: 21
Plenty of women are involuntary celibate as well but you don’t see us carrying like that 😒
Im sure their looks isnt the reason for them that they are incels, it´s their behaviour. Their looks arent going to change that.
Incels are horrible people most of the time, the online ones anyway. Look at the guy that kidnapped Jayme Closs.

Not saying that single people are horrible, Im one myself.

I’ve been watching videos on YouTube by a criminal profiler called Pat Brown. I would really recommend her work to anyone who is interested in True Crime. I’ve learned a lot from listening to her explanations of various unsolved and solved crimes. She focuses on the evidence.

Reactions: 7
Im sure their looks isnt the reason for them that they are incels, it´s their behaviour. Their looks arent going to change that.
Incels are horrible people most of the time, the online ones anyway. Look at the guy that kidnapped Jayme Closs.

Not saying that single people are horrible, Im one myself.
I agree, it’s not their looks. I’m not being horrible but think about everyone you know, when you walk down the street/round Tesco etc next are there unattractive men? Yes. Do they have partners? Yes.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.