Real Life Crime and Murder #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This story is in the Irish news today....does anyone find it strange??
A young woman with Irish parents was killed last month in New York..she sent a text to family saying help at 3am in the morning and 24 hours later her killer was captured on CCTV pushing her body in a cart ...the murder happened last month but it's only in the Irish news now...the family have put up a reward of 35,000 dollars for information but the police will not release the CCTV or offer a description of the man?
Surely you would release the CCTV to jog someone's memory...

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17

Four student have been found dead - murdered - in a campus property in IdahoUS
i was just reading about this :( the fact that the police are calling it a “crime of passion”, seem fairly confident it was targeted and implied the 911 call was made from the scene makes me think they’ve pieced bits of it together. so sad, they’re all so young :(

• Sad
Reactions: 10
i was just reading about this :( the fact that the police are calling it a “crime of passion”, seem fairly confident it was targeted and implied the 911 call was made from the scene makes me think they’ve pieced bits of it together. so sad, they’re all so young :(
Very sad. I will be interested to see where this case goes.

Reactions: 4
There was a programme on CBS Reality (Sky 146) last night called The Murder That Changed Britain. It's about the Rachel Nickell case and features some fella from the Met (not Keith Peddar) Paul Britton, the clinical psychologist who designed the "honeytrap", and Colin Stagg.

Just the trailer for it gave me the rage! Described as "the biggest miscarriage of justice in British legal history", it said that all parties concerned had "kept their counsel" for thirty years but were finally "breaking their silence"

Colin Stagg was never tried. The case was thrown out by the judge either at one of the pre trial hearings or on the first day of the actual trial (can't remember which) so not sure that can be a miscarriage of justice. Plus I can think of about five bigger actual miscarriages of justice off the top of my head.

And I must have completely imagined reading Paul Britton's book, where he writes about his involvement in the case at length, and Colin Stagg's numerous newspaper interviews over the years.

And did it really change Britain? I don't think so.

I have still recorded it though 😂 because I have a lot of time for Paul Britton and will probably watch it today if I get the chance. I'm just letting people know as I'm sure others will be interested as well.

Last edited:
What an insult to the likes of Stefan Kiszko (regarding the "biggest miscarriage of British history") 😑

Reactions: 11
Wow what a fucker. It’s Not like it was some ‘mercy’ killing where he tried to kill his disabled mother and himself because the caring had got too much (still wrong)

Instead, Shortly after starting the fire he left the property and went to McDonald’s for a bloody milkshake!

Callous. Poor Elsie can’t think of anyone dying in that way let alone my own mother 😭
Agreed. Man, he is cold (if the case is proved of course)

I though this wording from the opening statement was interesting:

"He had come to view his mother as a burden getting in the way of obtaining financial wealth and independence"

The sentencing guidelines state "A murder carried out for gain (in the course of a robbery or burglary, or done for payment)" but I'm reminded me of another case where "gain" was used in a different way rather than the obvious "wife murders husband for his life insurance policies" or a paid hit.

It was a case featured on 24 Hour in Police Custody actually. Three drug dealers - senior drug dealer decides to murder one of his pretty successful runners, who had been beaten up a couple of times and had drugs stolen off him IIRC, and another low level, who used to buy drugs to sell from the victim, helped him. They took him out to a park, ambushed him and stole the cash and drugs he had on him.

It wasn't really clear from the programme but the judge's sentencing remarks explained that he viewed it as murder for gain - not just because of the drugs and cash they stole that night but other gains the two of them would make. Low level would take over the victim's patch and the senior shored up his reputation by showing his competitors that he'd dealt with a problem. So they both would "gain" from the murder in different ways.

And that's where I think they are taking Elsie Pinder's case. Not sure if she owed the flat, but if she did, he would maybe financially gain from that obviously, but it sounds like they're going down the route of what Wilding would "gain" from the murder - freeing up the money he was spending on looking after her, albeit badly, and freeing him of the burden of looking after her.

What an insult to the likes of Stefan Kiszko (regarding the "biggest miscarriage of British history") 😑
Amen to that sister.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I would love to know the story behind the Idaho student murders ...such a savage attack....

I found this video on Twitter of 2 of the girls ordering food from a food truck the night of the murders...the food truck streams on Twitch..you can see there is a guy who kind of arrives with them but they're not that interested in him..when they leave he appears to follow them but I've viewed it from a different view and they seem to walk in different directions.

Dunno if its been mentioned in any of these threads eariler in year or recently but a girl (called katie) in the local area got murdered in april eariler this year her murderer pleaded not guilty the trail started Monday this week 3 days in he's changed his plea to guilty what a rotten man

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I would love to know the story behind the Idaho student murders ...such a savage attack....

I found this video on Twitter of 2 of the girls ordering food from a food truck the night of the murders...the food truck streams on Twitch..you can see there is a guy who kind of arrives with them but they're not that interested in him..when they leave he appears to follow them but I've viewed it from a different view and they seem to walk in different directions.

The guy in the grey hoodie and coat? At the end, it looks like they leave and another man points to them and Grey Hoodie goes to leave but then in a different direction like you say.

I will read up on this case now. I’m currently going through all the Delphi murder podcast suggestions so thank you to everyone who recommend ones, it’s such a chilling case.

Reactions: 3
Dunno if its been mentioned in any of these threads eariler in year or recently but a girl (called katie) in the local area got murdered in april eariler this year her murderer pleaded not guilty the trail started Monday this week 3 days in he's changed his plea to guilty what a rotten man
Katie Kenyon? I’m not surprised. His alleged reason as to how she died was pathetic! And forensics proved she had been hit with the axe 12 x and so his accident story didn’t stack up! Happy he’s copped to it for her family and the farce of a trial
Won’t continue

Reactions: 11
Katie Kenyon? I’m not surprised. His alleged reason as to how she died was pathetic! And forensics proved she had been hit with the axe 12 x and so his accident story didn’t stack up! Happy he’s copped to it for her family and the farce of a trial
Won’t continue
Thats the one :( i wish he'd done it months ago mind her poor family her poor children:(

BBC report on the trial earlier this week said something like "Andrew Burfield claims that he killed her accidentally when throwing an axe, before burying her in a grave he had dug the day before". Somehow I don't think the writer took him seriously.

BBC report on the trial earlier this week said something like "Andrew Burfield claims that he killed her accidentally when throwing an axe, before burying her in a grave he had dug the day before". Somehow I don't think the writer took him seriously.
Possibly one of the most ridiculous "defences" I've ever heard. Jury would have been out about fifteen minutes if it had got to that stage!

I followed the live reporting on the opening day and didn't really understand this "debt" he somehow put in her name? But it seemed like that was the motive - get rid of her, get rid of the problem over this debt.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I hope he gets sentenced based on his not guilty plea and doesn't get credit for eventually confessing .

Reactions: 4
I hope he gets sentenced based on his not guilty plea and doesn't get credit for eventually confessing .
His guilty plea came way too late to get any credit in my opinion and I think that's how the judge will see it too.

Never heard of this horrible case before:

Or this:

WTF is wrong with people?!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.