RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve seen her a few times on her Instagram story she’s referred to the baby (when her husband is in the room or same area) as ‘mine’ and not ‘ours’. She seems very possessive of her son and it’s not at all healthy. The breakdown about wallpaper where she got all her facts from dodgy anti vax websites was so awkward to watch.

Reactions: 13
Yeah -- either she has some major mental health concerns that she needs to properly address with therapy and/or medication, or else she needs to stop exaggerating. Because regardless of which it is, she is providing a horrible example to anyone else going through PPA/PPD.

She was paralyzed by fear for her baby... but then a walk in nature helped and now everything's fine?

She was infertile for 15 years... but then she got pregnant and no one seemed that shocked?

I feel like she's had some fairly normal experiences (baby blues, some mild PPD, struggling to conceive) and she catastrophized them all into the worst case scenario and then diagnosed herself.

It's genuinely getting irresponsible at this point.
I find it very odd that she posted a video yesterday about guilt, her eyes were so wide and she was speaking a million miles an hour and really just rambling, deleted it and then posted a story about content ideas like nothing happened.

I feel for her I genuinely do, I had my little boy about 3 weeks after her baby was born but I had to actually unfollow her because she was actually giving me anxiety watching her speaking about hers and I considered my own mental health to be pretty good at that point so god knows how other mums with PPD/PPA must have felt. In one breath she's going to the Nth degree about how she feels but then in the next she's minimising it.

I'm actually relatively new to her, I had heard of her but never actually watched any of her videos then when she found out she was pregnant started watching from there and I did actually really like her makeup content but I felt like all of her pregnancy related videos everything was quite negative.
I really hope she gets actual help because I think she's getting beyond the point of walks in the woods helping. I wonder if it's perhaps she's probably wanted a baby for so long that she's built up a picture in her head of what it would be like and it's maybe not what she imagined.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I find it very odd that she posted a video yesterday about guilt, her eyes were so wide and she was speaking a million miles an hour and really just rambling, deleted it and then posted a story about content ideas like nothing happened.

I feel for her I genuinely do, I had my little boy about 3 weeks after her baby was born but I had to actually unfollow her because she was actually giving me anxiety watching her speaking about hers and I considered my own mental health to be pretty good at that point so god knows how other mums with PPD/PPA must have felt. In one breath she's going to the Nth degree about how she feels but then in the next she's minimising it.

I'm actually relatively new to her, I had heard of her but never actually watched any of her videos then when she found out she was pregnant started watching from there and I did actually really like her makeup content but I felt like all of her pregnancy related videos everything was quite negative.
I really hope she gets actual help because I think she's getting beyond the point of walks in the woods helping. I wonder if it's perhaps she's probably wanted a baby for so long that she's built up a picture in her head of what it would be like and it's maybe not what she imagined.
To be honest, I wonder if her management finally stepped in. That video did come off as... frankly unhinged. Like you said, then suddenly it was gone and replaced with requests for fun makeup content? Very weird.

I did get some PPD and I worked with a counsellor and got on some mild medication. I'm a better parent as a result. I have no idea what she thinks she's accomplishing by being a martyr, but it's not helping her or her son.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So happy to see this thread continued here! Wth happened to GG?
Has anyone seen Kristi's latest vid copying Bailey Sarian's makeup? The whole video she couldn't stop talking about how quickly Bailey has grown and how perfect her facial structure is and blah blah blah. It all came off as just pure jealousy. And everyone in the comments is like "awe Kristy you're so sweet to her" and I'm just like was she though? She kept making a face every time she would "praise" Bailey and it really made me want to punch her. Like comparing your troll features to hers isn't going to make you look humble it just makes you look unhappy with yourself. She's green with envy bc she's not able to come up with original interesting content and grow her channel past 1mil lmao. And when she talked about how she shouted Bailey out on her channel a few years ago and now she just seems butthurt that Bailey has grown so much and wants some of those followers. Like she thinks that she's the reason that Bailey has grown so much and now wants her to shout her out and repay the favor. Also the comment about her not trying to BE Bailey like girl you could NEVER. Idk and then she kept pushing her palette and tit like "see? I have collabs and I'm a big beauty guru just like her" like that's the only thing she has to cling onto to make herself feel better. It's no secret that she's a jealous person as a whole but idk I feel like she wasn't doing anything to hide it in this video. Sorry if this is jumbled I haven't posted on one of these forums in a while lol.

Reactions: 9
So happy to see this thread continued here! Wth happened to GG?
Has anyone seen Kristi's latest vid copying Bailey Sarian's makeup? The whole video she couldn't stop talking about how quickly Bailey has grown and how perfect her facial structure is and blah blah blah. It all came off as just pure jealousy. And everyone in the comments is like "awe Kristy you're so sweet to her" and I'm just like was she though? She kept making a face every time she would "praise" Bailey and it really made me want to punch her. Like comparing your troll features to hers isn't going to make you look humble it just makes you look unhappy with yourself. She's green with envy bc she's not able to come up with original interesting content and grow her channel past 1mil lmao. And when she talked about how she shouted Bailey out on her channel a few years ago and now she just seems butthurt that Bailey has grown so much and wants some of those followers. Like she thinks that she's the reason that Bailey has grown so much and now wants her to shout her out and repay the favor. Also the comment about her not trying to BE Bailey like girl you could NEVER. Idk and then she kept pushing her palette and tit like "see? I have collabs and I'm a big beauty guru just like her" like that's the only thing she has to cling onto to make herself feel better. It's no secret that she's a jealous person as a whole but idk I feel like she wasn't doing anything to hide it in this video. Sorry if this is jumbled I haven't posted on one of these forums in a while lol.
I laughed watching this video. She really did sound like she shouted out Bailey and that’s what got her channel skyrocketing. Sorry hun but I don’t think so. It must be hard to see someone become a huge YouTube star when your own channel is stagnant as hell.

I just found this thread and I'm definitely late to the party... but I am watching her birth video and I just feel so angry. When I think giving birth I think pain and pushing a literal human being out of your vag. I don't think butterflies and rainbows and cherubs playing the harp on your shoulder. And then she has the gall to say she 'wanted to feel everything' and then she's shocked when HELLO childbirth is bleeping painful, was she expecting a tickle?? Did she think people were exagerating when they say childbirth was the most painful experience of their life?

She set herself up to fail by putting herself in this delusional fantasy reality treating her birth like a pre-planned event rather than the unpredicable super dangeous medical procedure it actually is. I just get such a first world problems vibe from this video. She such a control freak and narcisist that she is above things not going to plan. I get the hormones and the adrenaline and all that but she really needs to take a step back and realise that she is INCREDIBLY lucky. I empathise that obviously its incredibly scary that she didn't know if her son was alive, but bloody hell whats with the 'delayed cord clamping' tit she keeps going on about. I don't understand why she is so stressed about this one thing that is associated with minor benefits at best when it literally couldn't be done in order to save his life. For god sake, look at the bigger picture. Ugh im so mad, I'm sorry I couldn't finish the video it just irritated me so much.

I dont want to make this a 'you cant be sad because people have worse problems' but I can't help but think about the many women (literally even in developed countries) who do not have the access to the healthcare that kristi did/does. So many mothers around the world give birth in bathrooms, less than ideal housing, on the literal street in terrible unsanitary conditions, sometimes even without anyone to help or support them let alone provide medical assistance. I really dont care if this makes people mad, but if you give birth in the presense of people with the most up to date medical knowledge, with life saving equiptment available, a supportive partner, and nobody died during the experience, you are truly living the life.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I just found this thread and I'm definitely late to the party... but I am watching her birth video and I just feel so angry. When I think giving birth I think pain and pushing a literal human being out of your vag. I don't think butterflies and rainbows and cherubs playing the harp on your shoulder. And then she has the gall to say she 'wanted to feel everything' and then she's shocked when HELLO childbirth is bleeping painful, was she expecting a tickle?? Did she think people were exagerating when they say childbirth was the most painful experience of their life?

She set herself up to fail by putting herself in this delusional fantasy reality treating her birth like a pre-planned event rather than the unpredicable super dangeous medical procedure it actually is. I just get such a first world problems vibe from this video. She such a control freak and narcisist that she is above things not going to plan. I get the hormones and the adrenaline and all that but she really needs to take a step back and realise that she is INCREDIBLY lucky. I empathise that obviously its incredibly scary that she didn't know if her son was alive, but bloody hell whats with the 'delayed cord clamping' tit she keeps going on about. I don't understand why she is so stressed about this one thing that is associated with minor benefits at best when it literally couldn't be done in order to save his life. For god sake, look at the bigger picture. Ugh im so mad, I'm sorry I couldn't finish the video it just irritated me so much.

I dont want to make this a 'you cant be sad because people have worse problems' but I can't help but think about the many women (literally even in developed countries) who do not have the access to the healthcare that kristi did/does. So many mothers around the world give birth in bathrooms, less than ideal housing, on the literal street in terrible unsanitary conditions, sometimes even without anyone to help or support them let alone provide medical assistance. I really dont care if this makes people mad, but if you give birth in the presense of people with the most up to date medical knowledge, with life saving equiptment available, a supportive partner, and nobody died during the experience, you are truly living the life.
All I’ll say on this is I had a traumatic first labour (ptsd and previous miscarriage along with a doctor who was a complete misogynist) so I won’t discredit any of her feelings on her son not breathing right away. That’s traumatic. But the whole idea she had of labour and delivery was about this wonderful dreamy earthy miracle and on reality birth is messy, painful and scary.
I am so thankful for modern medicine and wonderful doctors and midwives who deliver our babies safely. There are literally women giving birth in fields and dying. Kristi needs a reality check. It’s one thing being upset by a trauma during birth and another acting like not having your fairy water birth is a trauma. Trauma is losing your baby, having something go wrong or in my case a doctor preforming a procedure without my consent. Trauma is not that you were too high risk for a home birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Honestly the delayed cord clamping thing that she went on about just said to me that she has all these ideas of how "hospital" births go (probably based on woo documentaries and blogs) and that's why she was so against going to a hospital in the first place.

Many, many hospitals practice delayed cord clamping now. Same goes for skin to skin and all that "golden hour" stuff. You can walk around, take baths, turn the lights down, play music, all while in the safety of a hospital... but that of course is provided your birth is progressing normally and your baby comes out healthy. Hers wasnt, and hers didn't, so she should be thanking her lucky stars the birth center she was at referred her elsewhere.

She’s back to using Twitter to get baby advice. This is for a tooth coming through. For real? Google? Ask your pediatrician? Try a teething ring or something. I’m having a baby any day now - the LAST place I’d ask for advice from is a freaking social media platform! I really think she needs this to feel like she’s staying relevant.

And now her Instagram story showing a close up of her poking into her kid's mouth to show a tooth. HIGHLY disturbing and gross. She needs some serious mental help, because she's lost it.

Reactions: 8
You definitely have to squint to see it. He’s the average age babies start getting teeth. Exciting for you as a parent but who gives a tit really.

Reactions: 1
And now her Instagram story showing a close up of her poking into her kid's mouth to show a tooth. HIGHLY disturbing and gross. She needs some serious mental help, because she's lost it.
She shows no respect for her child’s privacy at all. It’s all attention-seeking for herself and is pretty disturbing.

Reactions: 7
When she was talking about being SO UPSET that her son seems to want solid food and LOVES being the ONLY source of nutrition for him. IDK why that rubbed me the wrong way.

Reactions: 11
Yeah, I'll add to the birth thing that unfortunately there's a BIG trend right now toward things like "hypobirthing" which can be great to help with labor pain but often tries to sell you on the idea that birth should be magic rainbows and puppies and pain-free bliss. Kristi can be an idiot and it can still be unfortunate that she was led down that path by people who should know better.

While I think she probably was pushy throughout the process, I still think her midwives had a right to give her a realistic expectation of birth, and to keep her and her son safe throughout. They seem to have failed on both counts. Kristi is responsible for herself, but I still maintain that her team holds some responsibility as well there.

But vis-a-vis the "starting solids" thing and wanting to be his only source of nutrition? Yeah, I'm still getting Psycho vibes from that. She's going to be a nightmare of a mother in law.

• Haha
Yeah, I'll add to the birth thing that unfortunately there's a BIG trend right now toward things like "hypobirthing" which can be great to help with labor pain but often tries to sell you on the idea that birth should be magic rainbows and puppies and pain-free bliss. Kristi can be an idiot and it can still be unfortunate that she was led down that path by people who should know better.

While I think she probably was pushy throughout the process, I still think her midwives had a right to give her a realistic expectation of birth, and to keep her and her son safe throughout. They seem to have failed on both counts. Kristi is responsible for herself, but I still maintain that her team holds some responsibility as well there.

But vis-a-vis the "starting solids" thing and wanting to be his only source of nutrition? Yeah, I'm still getting Psycho vibes from that. She's going to be a nightmare of a mother in law.
She was a doula herself though, which makes it even more confusing - she should know full well that births dont go to plan, and im fairly certain her birth centre was the same place she used to doula from, i bet they didnt prepare her because if she was a doula they will have assumed she was familiar with the realities of birth.
Honestly, im really starting to doubt her infertility story (her families relaxed reaction, and the way she's talking about trying for a 2nd like its a given) and im now doubting her saying she was a doula too (just the entire pregnancy and birth she behaved like she had very surface level basic knowledge about any of it which would be super weird for a doula??)

Reactions: 7
She was a doula herself though, which makes it even more confusing - she should know full well that births dont go to plan, and im fairly certain her birth centre was the same place she used to doula from, i bet they didnt prepare her because if she was a doula they will have assumed she was familiar with the realities of birth.
Honestly, im really starting to doubt her infertility story (her families relaxed reaction, and the way she's talking about trying for a 2nd like its a given) and im now doubting her saying she was a doula too (just the entire pregnancy and birth she behaved like she had very surface level basic knowledge about any of it which would be super weird for a doula??)
I'm probably misremembering, but I feel like she implied she only ever saw her sister's birth, which went smoothly. Plus I feel like what I've heard anecdotally is that a LOT of doulas are taught with the Ina Mae-style philosophy of "a natural birth should be blissful and only hospitals make them bad."

It's very possible she took a doula course so she could be with her sister, but I agree that it seems like Kristi's memory is often "creative".

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.