RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg finally a thread for her!
Gotta get this out:
Did anyone find it weird that for someone whose been struggling with infertility for so many years, in the video where she tells her family and friends nobody really reacts like that was the case? Like its just kind of a standard 'she's pregnant' reaction, which seemed kind of weird for a couple that tried for so long?? I feel maybe her sister slightly alluded to it, but Sams reaction was like 'but you were so scared to be a mom' which doesnt feel like something you'd say to someone who'd struggled with infertility in your initial reaction? I just found it all very very weird. Even Zachs reaction didnt really give away that they'd been struggling with it?

Labour & Delivery - for someone who used to ne a doula, her reaction to not being able to give birth at the birth centre was completely ridiculous. I get that emotions are running high but she of all people should be well emotionally prepared for the fact that births largely do not go as planned? Obviously her son having difficulties was awful and that must have been so scary, but her reaction to being moved to a hospital was so weird. Plus at the start of the video she does a disclaimer about appreciating healthcare workers, but implying she was saying this as she was about to retell a negative experience with a particular individual, but then went on to say how great everyone was?

Post-partum: Specifically the part where she talked about being depressed, and her staying up late frantically doing research on it to feel better, and then saying how getting out in the fresh air for walks and finding something to distract her has really helped, in a way that she's clearly only just discovered this and was surprised it helped. She genuinely framed it like it was a surprising fact that most people probably wont know. But she has been depressed and undergoing treatment for depression for YEARS before the baby i thought? Was that all a lie? Because you cannot tell me that for someone who claims to do so much research on everything she never came across the suggestion 'go outside more and do regular exercise' as something that can help with depression. Or that no Dr ever suggested that. Or that she never saw a mental health post on IG or a video on YT. Plus, she suffers from anxiety and cluster headaches and again... for both of those things, day 1 treatment from medical professionals normally stresses the importance of regular exercise?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Omg finally a thread for her!
Gotta get this out:
Did anyone find it weird that for someone whose been struggling with infertility for so many years, in the video where she tells her family and friends nobody really reacts like that was the case? Like its just kind of a standard 'she's pregnant' reaction, which seemed kind of weird for a couple that tried for so long?? I feel maybe her sister slightly alluded to it, but Sams reaction was like 'but you were so scared to be a mom' which doesnt feel like something you'd say to someone who'd struggled with infertility in your initial reaction? I just found it all very very weird. Even Zachs reaction didnt really give away that they'd been struggling with it?
Her YouTube channel used to literally be an infertility channel, so she did struggle for many years. BUT. One thing that annoys me is her claiming that she was infertile for 15 years. She was counting from the time her periods went weird, iirc, not from when she started trying. In total I think she tried for a baby for maybe 2-3 years or so, and then she and Zach made the decision to move on because they couldn't afford IVF. Fine. But it feels like a slap in the face to sell this 15 year story when it was a more standard 2-3 or so.

I struggled to conceive for about a year in total, and I was still suddenly *shocked Pikachu* when I actually got pregnant. So I get it. The thing I find weirder now is her discussing whether or not she'll have a second as though it'll be as easy as snapping her fingers. After a year of struggling, I don't consider a second baby to be a foregone conclusion, but now she has money for IVF so maybe that makes it feel different.

Labour & Delivery - for someone who used to ne a doula, her reaction to not being able to give birth at the birth centre was completely ridiculous. I get that emotions are running high but she of all people should be well emotionally prepared for the fact that births largely do not go as planned? Obviously her son having difficulties was awful and that must have been so scary, but her reaction to being moved to a hospital was so weird. Plus at the start of the video she does a disclaimer about appreciating healthcare workers, but implying she was saying this as she was about to retell a negative experience with a particular individual, but then went on to say how great everyone was?
Her labor experience was duck*NG ABSURD. Her midwives should be charged with reckless behavior. She and her baby could've died. They let her labor for hours and hours when they knew she had muconium in her amniotic fluid, and then she drove 45 minutes to a hospital where there would be more midwives? It's a miracle that that birth didn't end in tragedy.

I had a totally unexpected sudden water break at 33 weeks. I really, desperately wanted a lovely water birth with my midwives. But when I realized that I wasn't going to get that, I happily did whatever it took to get my baby out safely. I don't really judge Kristi for this, though. I think her midwives were idiots.

Post-partum: Specifically the part where she talked about being depressed, and her staying up late frantically doing research on it to feel better, and then saying how getting out in the fresh air for walks and finding something to distract her has really helped, in a way that she's clearly only just discovered this and was surprised it helped. She genuinely framed it like it was a surprising fact that most people probably wont know. But she has been depressed and undergoing treatment for depression for YEARS before the baby i thought? Was that all a lie? Because you cannot tell me that for someone who claims to do so much research on everything she never came across the suggestion 'go outside more and do regular exercise' as something that can help with depression. Or that no Dr ever suggested that. Or that she never saw a mental health post on IG or a video on YT. Plus, she suffers from anxiety and cluster headaches and again... for both of those things, day 1 treatment from medical professionals normally stresses the importance of regular exercise?
This is probably the bit that annoyed me the most. Kristi, if you actually have anxiety and depression, GET HELP. Get a therapist, get medication, get help. Otherwise it just sounds like you had normal first-time parent jitters that you felt obligated to pathologize and turn into a much bigger deal. I got some PPA and PPD. I talked with my doctor and my therapist and they put me on Zoloft. End of story.

I'm genuinely worried that Kristi is turning into an anti-vaxx mom before our eyes, given what she said about Zoloft in the breastmilk.

Anyway -- she's exhausting me. I feel like she turns every minor thing into a medical emergency where you go:

1. If this really happened the way you said it did, you need to get help, or

2. If it didn't stop lying.

Her YouTube channel used to literally be an infertility channel, so she did struggle for many years. BUT. One thing that annoys me is her claiming that she was infertile for 15 years. She was counting from the time her periods went weird, iirc, not from when she started trying. In total I think she tried for a baby for maybe 2-3 years or so, and then she and Zach made the decision to move on because they couldn't afford IVF. Fine. But it feels like a slap in the face to sell this 15 year story when it was a more standard 2-3 or so.

I struggled to conceive for about a year in total, and I was still suddenly *shocked Pikachu* when I actually got pregnant. So I get it. The thing I find weirder now is her discussing whether or not she'll have a second as though it'll be as easy as snapping her fingers. After a year of struggling, I don't consider a second baby to be a foregone conclusion, but now she has money for IVF so maybe that makes it feel different.

Her labor experience was duck*NG ABSURD. Her midwives should be charged with reckless behavior. She and her baby could've died. They let her labor for hours and hours when they knew she had muconium in her amniotic fluid, and then she drove 45 minutes to a hospital where there would be more midwives? It's a miracle that that birth didn't end in tragedy.

I had a totally unexpected sudden water break at 33 weeks. I really, desperately wanted a lovely water birth with my midwives. But when I realized that I wasn't going to get that, I happily did whatever it took to get my baby out safely. I don't really judge Kristi for this, though. I think her midwives were idiots.

This is probably the bit that annoyed me the most. Kristi, if you actually have anxiety and depression, GET HELP. Get a therapist, get medication, get help. Otherwise it just sounds like you had normal first-time parent jitters that you felt obligated to pathologize and turn into a much bigger deal. I got some PPA and PPD. I talked with my doctor and my therapist and they put me on Zoloft. End of story.

I'm genuinely worried that Kristi is turning into an anti-vaxx mom before our eyes, given what she said about Zoloft in the breastmilk.

Anyway -- she's exhausting me. I feel like she turns every minor thing into a medical emergency where you go:

1. If this really happened the way you said it did, you need to get help, or

2. If it didn't stop lying.
Thanks for replying! I actually didnt know it was 2-3 years not 15! I never doubted that theyd struggled until i saw her family and friends reaction, it just seemed like weirdly subdued considering the circumstances? Just like, standard first baby happiness as opposed to the kind of reaction you'd think people would give to a love one who had given up hope of a miracle? Maybe i've just watched too many pregnancy reveal vids :ROFLMAO: but to your point as well, she is now treating having a 2nd one like its a given which i find again, super weird reaction if you've believed yourself to be infertile for 15 years??

You have totally corrected me on the midwives though, yep totally right she shouldnt have been left that long, i forgot about the infection (been a while since i watched the video) my mistake!

Yeah im def not doubting its PPD as realistically its a HUGE life and physical change, but her reaction to finding out regular exercise helps was like... someone complaining of headaches all the time for years and never once googling 'possible headache causes' or a Dr never checking if she was staying hydrated. Its basic bloody stuff. But yeah she does speak entirely in hyperbole (maybe this is why her family and friends didnt really seem to acknowledge her infertility, maybe they always thought she was exaggerating the difficulties like she does everything else and this 'confirmed' it for them?? Who knows)

Reactions: 1
Most recent IG stories, crying because she spent so much time putting vinyl “wallpaper” up for the nursery part of the bedroom only to realize it has toxic fumes and had to rip it down. For someone who claims to do so much research, how could she not know that? Honestly I would have had no idea, but then again when doing my nursery I was looking at wallpaper from what seemed like legit sites. Don’t recall where she ordered hers from.

• Haha
OMG YES!! also that catio, the whole tie shes like “were not spending $1000 to make it, if we hate it we will just tear it down”. Like fair enough but there are reasons there are kits and things that made purposefully for something you

I did the calculations when she had infertility for fifteen years, and when I realised it went back to when she was around 18 I thought “surely she can’t have been trying to get pregnant then?” Perhaps it’s just the time she became aware of it?

Her delivery story sounded awful, but honestly I don’t think she helped herself. She was so obsessed with the idea of giving birth in the birth centre and having a natural unmedicated birth that she caused herself - what I felt - was unnecessary pain. Her son’s head was abnormal because he’d been stuck in her canal for so long! Overall, I just think she’s so obsessed with this idea of being a perfect mother that she’s not willing to accept that motherhood isn’t perfect. You have your ups and downs and you have to roll with the punches, not stay static with what you wanted to happen.

Reactions: 9
Honestly, I'm so glad this thread was started on here as she's always rubbed me the wrong way but everyone always seems so full of praise for her. Her latest story crying over the wallpaper was just ridiculous, it was where she said something along the lines of having to take time away from her baby to wallpaper now wasted. It's HEALTHY for you to spend some time alone, you don't have to be with your baby 24/7.

Yes, of course her baby is still young and I'm not saying she shouldn't want to spend all her time with him but realistically her baby was with his father probably have a nap or playing not missing her 🙄

Reactions: 13
Honestly, I'm so glad this thread was started on here as she's always rubbed me the wrong way but everyone always seems so full of praise for her. Her latest story crying over the wallpaper was just ridiculous, it was where she said something along the lines of having to take time away from her baby to wallpaper now wasted. It's HEALTHY for you to spend some time alone, you don't have to be with your baby 24/7.

Yes, of course her baby is still young and I'm not saying she shouldn't want to spend all her time with him but realistically her baby was with his father probably have a nap or playing not missing her 🙄
some people have to go back to work full time within weeks of having a baby and she's crying about pissing wallpaper. PERSPECTIVE, gal

Reactions: 8
Omg I'm so glad to find this thread. I just saw her stories about the wallpaper. She is the MOST dramatic person I have ever seen. Ugh like the previous poster said some people have to go to work after having a baby, she does nothing except for obsess and be dramatic and wear her ridiculous overalls baby wearing contraption that looks awful on her. But also why is she making a nursery "section" in her bedroom? He can sleep in a bassinet or crib for a bit and then he should be going into his own room. But the wallpaper thing was laughable. To cry over hanging wallpaper that is soooo toxic, I'm sure there are worse things in the world, and if she wasn't such a dingus it wouldn't have taken her 2 days to hang it. But to research it AFTER buying it is just stupid. God she is angering.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think I know what's more toxic than that wallpaper - Kristi herself!

Reactions: 6
gMvzmmGg.jpg

This is def my fav RBK moment, it's so ridiculous and OTT. Whenever someone's describing the pain they're in, WELCOME TO MY LIFE SAM pops up in my head lmao

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I created an account to talk about this effing (can we swear here?) wallpaper because it was making me crazy. As soon as I watched her story last night (and became immediately concerned for her mental state if we’re being honest) I googled it out of curiosity and it took me a lot of searching to find any suggestion that it was unsafe. I had to actually search for “is vinyl wallpaper safe” to see any suggestion of danger and even then it was only from sites I would consider a little quacky/anti-vaxx in that they think everything with “chemicals” is a “toxin”. Is this really a known thing or did it seem like RBK was perhaps slightly catastrophizing the harm she may have caused her son? (I know it’s a stretch that Kristi would catastrophize but suspend your disbelief /s )

Educate me please wallpaper experts

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I created an account to talk about this effing (can we swear here?) wallpaper because it was making me crazy. As soon as I watched her story last night (and became immediately concerned for her mental state if we’re being honest) I googled it out of curiosity and it took me a lot of searching to find any suggestion that it was unsafe. I had to actually search for “is vinyl wallpaper safe” to see any suggestion of danger and even then it was only from sites I would consider a little quacky/anti-vaxx in that they think everything with “chemicals” is a “toxin”. Is this really a known thing or did it seem like RBK was perhaps slightly catastrophizing the harm she may have caused her son? (I know it’s a stretch that Kristi would catastrophize but suspend your disbelief /s )

Educate me please wallpaper experts
I searched Google too, I didn’t find a whole lot about it being toxic. It looked like it’s common (to use it, not carcinogenic like she said).

Reactions: 4
I mean surely they wouldn't sell it if it was seriously TOXIC??

Reactions: 6
She took a break from Twitter because she basically used it to do nothing to catastrophise and it was started to annoy people. She would say things like “I’ve spoken to my doctor” but then run to onto Twitter to ask normal people, obviously expected to hear the worst. She said she realised this and left Twitter so she would stop doing it, but clearly it’s just been taken to Instagram.

Reactions: 10
Kristi fills me with rage! I had a baby months before her. Like millions of moms I had to go back to work after 8 weeks. Having a baby is hard even if you get to stay home. Even if you're like Kristi and never have to worry about money. But good god, she has no idea what life is like for most people. She spent months complaining about sleep deprivation without realizing that the rest of us are just as tired and have jobs to go to. She insists that her baby is 'more clingy/fussy' than most babies. How does she know? Newborns like to be held an wake up when you put them down. That's universal. I think she convinces herself that her son is needy to tell herself that being a mom is harder for her than it is for other people. She has the need to feel like a victim. The wallpaper thing is ridiculous.
That screen shot sums Kristi up. For someone who has such a cushy life she sure is miserable. She should be grateful that she has the money to pay for the mouth guard. I'm sure a lot of people who need them can't afford them.

Reactions: 17
Kristi fills me with rage! I had a baby months before her. Like millions of moms I had to go back to work after 8 weeks. Having a baby is hard even if you get to stay home. Even if you're like Kristi and never have to worry about money. But good god, she has no idea what life is like for most people. She spent months complaining about sleep deprivation without realizing that the rest of us are just as tired and have jobs to go to. She insists that her baby is 'more clingy/fussy' than most babies. How does she know? Newborns like to be held an wake up when you put them down. That's universal. I think she convinces herself that her son is needy to tell herself that being a mom is harder for her than it is for other people. She has the need to feel like a victim. The wallpaper thing is ridiculous.
That screen shot sums Kristi up. For someone who has such a cushy life she sure is miserable. She should be grateful that she has the money to pay for the mouth guard. I'm sure a lot of people who need them can't afford them.
"I think she convinces herself that her son is needy to tell herself that being a mom is harder for her than it is for other people"
i think you got it here. like with the tweet posted above, she has to have it harder than everybody else.
she's living her dream life yet she's so negative all the time.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.