RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since gurugossiper is completely unusable, I figured I'd continue the RBKrusty thread there.

Reactions: 9
I know, right? What in the world happened to GG? We need to get everyone over here.

Reactions: 2
I quite like Kristi, I only met her when she got pregnant tho so didn't have time to properly get her personality. That said, I do think she overthinks stuff and she is too dramatic at times.

Reactions: 3
At this point it's been almost a year since non-baby-related content and I am fatigued. I keep hanging on hoping for a makeup vid, but I got partway through the one last week before I realized the entire chit-chat was going to be baby talk. *sigh*

Almost all my faves are transitioning into mommy(blogger)hood and the others are getting dull AF, so I started branching out and found a few new ones I love: Amanda Z (one of my faves, just limited uploading), Michelle Wang (I could write a whole thread about her work ethic and consistency as a more mature creator), and Mallory Brooke (although the video editing sometimes drives me nuts).

Reactions: 12
She is so obsessive and anxious in general that it's really no wonder that she obsesses over the baby too. Poor kid is gonna have an overly attached, helicopter, drama queen mother.

Reactions: 10
She is so obsessive and anxious in general that it's really no wonder that she obsesses over the baby too. Poor kid is gonna have an overly attached, helicopter, drama queen mother.
this, majorly. I had my son a week before she had hers and I followed her pregnancy as I have similar issues with infertility etc. but I've had to unfollow her, everything she posted was just making me roll my eyes.

a secondary gripe but I also hate this trend of JUST earth tones and neutral colours for kids. toys are supposed to be fun and stimulating, not just match your home aesthetic

Reactions: 15
I'm glad this thread was linked. I was going crazy not being able to rant about Kristi putting a $1500 bassinet and a $500 carseat in her "newborn must haves" video.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've never really understood the hype over Kristi. Is it just because she doesn't conform to the usual beauty influencer type? She's very negative and I've come away from her last few videos feeling drained 🥱
Has she told us what her baby's name is? She just says "the baby" all the time!?

Reactions: 8
I've never really understood the hype over Kristi. Is it just because she doesn't conform to the usual beauty influencer type? She's very negative and I've come away from her last few videos feeling drained 🥱
Has she told us what her baby's name is? She just says "the baby" all the time!?
I think that's why I liked her, she just seemed more down to earth and more like the kind of person I'd be friends with than other influencers. definitely changed my view now and agree, she exhausts me.

think he's called Alder? pretty sure it's a tree but not sure how it's pronounced

Reactions: 7
I think that's why I liked her, she just seemed more down to earth and more like the kind of person I'd be friends with than other influencers. definitely changed my view now and agree, she exhausts me.

think he's called Alder? pretty sure it's a tree but not sure how it's pronounced
Yeah, named her son after a tree. Assuming it's pronounced the same as the tree, it's pronounced like "all-dur"

I'm glad this thread was linked. I was going crazy not being able to rant about Kristi putting a $1500 bassinet and a $500 carseat in her "newborn must haves" video.
I was scratching my head pretty hard over the stroller brake situation in her IG stories. Last I knew strollers are powered by push/pull so if you need to stop it, you just stop walking. And would you REALLY want brakes that are so powerful your kid could potentially fly forward and cause injury?! I just didn’t understand that whole thing.

I was scratching my head pretty hard over the stroller brake situation in her IG stories. Last I knew strollers are powered by push/pull so if you need to stop it, you just stop walking. And would you REALLY want brakes that are so powerful your kid could potentially fly forward and cause injury?! I just didn’t understand that whole thing.
I didnt see the story but stroller brakes aren't to stop/slow momentum, more to stop it rolling when you're stood still. sometimes they can be super weak and still move despite brakes being on

Reactions: 1
I didnt see the story but stroller brakes aren't to stop/slow momentum, more to stop it rolling when you're stood still. sometimes they can be super weak and still move despite brakes being on
No, this was brakes on the handle bars to stop while walking. I know there are brakes you flip on the wheels to keep from moving while still.

No, this was brakes on the handle bars to stop while walking. I know there are brakes you flip on the wheels to keep from moving while still.
ah ok, sorry! like I say I didnt see it. of course she'd buy something with a ridiculous and unnecessary feature and then panic about it :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1
I don’t know if you guys have been on BGC on Reddit (I’m allowed to mention other places here, right?) but there have been a few posts and discussions about Kristi’s videos, starting with when she posted her labour and delivery vlog. Everyone started off feeling for her, but she’s shown herself to be a bit of a helicopter mother. She started talking about her a baby and complaining a lot, and by the end of it a number of people unsubscribed from her channel.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.