RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This exact behavior reminds me of my own mother. Having come from suffocating parents that isolated me from everything, I'm extremely concerned for her child. It has taken me years of therapy to feel like I can even begin to participate in society like a normal person. Their escape home in the woods that's away from everything is going to start to feel like a prison to him once he's older. And I only see Kristi becoming more and more suffocating as time goes on. To the point where I doubt she'll even allow him to have friends or even have a phone or internet access once he's older. I foresee her trying to keep him "young" and simple minded so that he doesn't ever question leaving. It's a different kind of abuse and being a personal victim of it myself, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Jesus christ, her kid is, what? Two? Not even two?

I feel for that boy, I really do.

Reactions: 7
Christ alive, it's just not a healthy way to look at it, is it? 🤨 I love my son more than anything in the world but, if anything, I feel pride and hope for him when I look to the future. I mean I don't want to rush time or anything, and I'm sure I'll have some emotions flowing when he time comes for him to live his life, but I just look forward to seeing how he grows and what kind of man he'll be, what he'll do with his life and what will make him happy and fulfilled.

I don't understand this mentality of everyone being so "heartbroken" and "devastated" when their child follows the natural path of time and growth... I absolutely LOVE seeing my little boy grow and learn, it fascinates me
I agree with all of this! My daughter will be 2 in July and I love everything new she learns and does. Of course I don’t want time to be so fleeting, and I try to enjoy all the ups and downs.
I get sad sometimes thinking about her growing, but not to the point I’m bawling and feel the need to post it on SM. I don’t even know what to think about that.

Reactions: 9
That poor kid is in for a boatload of crazy when as he grows up and tries to do all the normal things. Mommy is gonna guilt trip him big time. She really has a mental problem.
Assuming he’s ever allowed outside of mommy’s cabin in the woods where he’ll be homeschooled and kept from children his own age.

Reactions: 11
All kids leave the nest it’s apart of life for god sake, getting a bit personal but my mum hates the fact I don’t live at home, constantly guilt trips and it really fucks with me and it so hard to deal with! I get the sad feeling but that fact she gonna be devastated is truly pathetic, children aren’t pets 🙄

Reactions: 6
She needs to commit herself to some intense therapy with someone who's actually accredited with dealing with her types of issues imo

Reactions: 4
Christ alive, it's just not a healthy way to look at it, is it? 🤨 I love my son more than anything in the world but, if anything, I feel pride and hope for him when I look to the future. I mean I don't want to rush time or anything, and I'm sure I'll have some emotions flowing when he time comes for him to live his life, but I just look forward to seeing how he grows and what kind of man he'll be, what he'll do with his life and what will make him happy and fulfilled.

I don't understand this mentality of everyone being so "heartbroken" and "devastated" when their child follows the natural path of time and growth... I absolutely LOVE seeing my little boy grow and learn, it fascinates me
---

Also, I feel sorry for his future girlfriend/wife 😬 as a victim of a barmy MIL myself, I feel like she'll be the mother of all mother in laws

(Just to add, I know he may not have a girlfriend or identify as whatever etc.. just lightheartedly saying it from a "mother of a son" stereotypical mother in law thingy!)
She needs WAY more intense therapy. Its normal to not want your kids to grow up but not like this. This is so unhealthy. She is skipping way ahead in time and thinking about it as a two year old leaving home.
In reality, (speaking as someone who has already raised my daughters who are now late twenties) its all relative. By the time your kids are ready to leave home, a lot of years and experiences have passed. They have grown and you have grown older too.
So its not so dramatic when the time comes. Usually your more ready for them to start their own adult independent life.
Dont get me wrong, sometimes I get pangs of sadness and wish I could go back in time as I loved that time in my life but you fill your life with other things and you still spend time with them anyway.
I actually also wish I did more things for me as I raised them so there was more of a balance.
Kristi is so suffocating! Not just to that kid but to Zack. She will eventually push them both away. The exact opposite of what she wants.

Kristi is so suffocating! Not just to that kid but to Zack. She will eventually push them both away. The exact opposite of what she wants.
I couldn't agree more. Which will only make her abandonment issues that much more pronounced.

Reactions: 3
She and her husband WORK FROM HOME. Are home 24 hours a day and she couldnt organise her own cupboards? Are you kidding? Itll just turn to tit again

Reactions: 2
You mean this face?View attachment 1939626
Is it just me that finds it weird to say IN love with your child?
Reminds me of this video. People are calling it emotional incest. Never even heard of that term before but it is definitely weird, kind of disgusting actually

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Reminds me of this video. People are calling it emotional incest. Never even heard of that term before but it is definitely weird, kind of disgusting actually
Emotional incest is incredibly common with narcissistic parents, mostly because narcs lack any normal boundaries with other people. Children often become everything to a narc, because they can control them more perfectly than any other person. I guarantee you Kristi will pull the "I just feel like he's my best friend!!" line when he's a bit older.

Emotional incest is incredibly common with narcissistic parents, mostly because narcs lack any normal boundaries with other people. Children often become everything to a narc, because they can control them more perfectly than any other person. I guarantee you Kristi will pull the "I just feel like he's my best friend!!" line when he's a bit older.
Oh she has already said “he is literally my best friend”

• Wow
She's already isolated him so much from the public. The child has had no playdates. I doubt he's ever met another child. It's sad. Wtf is Zack thinking?! He cannot allow her to project her issues onto Alder.

This exact behavior reminds me of my own mother. Having come from suffocating parents that isolated me from everything, I'm extremely concerned for her child. It has taken me years of therapy to feel like I can even begin to participate in society like a normal person. Their escape home in the woods that's away from everything is going to start to feel like a prison to him once he's older. And I only see Kristi becoming more and more suffocating as time goes on. To the point where I doubt she'll even allow him to have friends or even have a phone or internet access once he's older. I foresee her trying to keep him "young" and simple minded so that he doesn't ever question leaving. It's a different kind of abuse and being a personal victim of it myself, I wouldn't wish it on anyone.
My bf came from this. His mom wouldn't teach him anything because then he'd grow up and want to leave. It's extreme mental illness. He taught himself to read and write, talk to strangers, get a job, drive, etc. Everything was a fight. :( It makes me so damn angry that he had to struggle for things most kids get taught because their parents want them to thrive.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
My bf came from this. His mom wouldn't teach him anything because then he'd grow up and want to leave. It's extreme mental illness. He taught himself to read and write, talk to strangers, get a job, drive, etc. Everything was a fight. :( It makes me so damn angry that he had to struggle for things most kids get taught because their parents want them to thrive.
I am so incredibly sorry your boyfriend has had that experience. No child should be neglected these things for the sake of preserving the parent. It's heartbreaking that parents will put all of that pressure on the person that they chose to bring into this world, knowing that they are helpless to it.

Maintaining adult relationships and noticing the gaps that comes up in adulthood as a result of my own upbringing, can be embarrassing and a huge source of shame for me.

It really sounds like your boyfriend is winning the fight for his own independence and taking back his power, so to speak. Every child deserves to have a loving parent, but not to their own detriment.

Kristi absolutely needs to understand that her child cannot be her only source of love and validation. Her codependency and lack of healthy boundaries is going to come at the detriment of both her, and her son.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah Kristi you can turn your hobby into a job, there are really proper jobs out there called party planners but then again you would have to put some real Effort into making it work and not go flacky and disappear for weeks on end, oh and you would have to leave the house as well lol

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.