RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kiddo is 13 months and, maybe I’m lucky, but I would not describe my parenting journey like this, AT ALL. She makes it sound like the absolutely worst experience she’s ever had. But we do know that’s how she is. Poor kid, I feel bad for him that his mother feels this way about raising him.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
My kiddo is 13 months and, maybe I’m lucky, but I would not describe my parenting journey like this, AT ALL. She makes it sound like the absolutely worst experience she’s ever had. But we do know that’s how she is. Poor kid, I feel bad for him that his mother feels this way about raising him.
This is giving “It’s okay if you’re lazy and selfish unlike me ☺

Reactions: 2
Yeah like we don’t know what his name is LOL 😂
For me, its not even so much that we know his name (since she was all about sharing those details until Samantha had her kid and chose to keep his life private). It’s more that she never says “OUR son.” It’s as if Zack isn’t equally the kid’s parent.

Reactions: 6
How hurt I would be if my mom ever described me as "a crushing responsibility."

Reactions: 9
I feel so sorry for her younger audience that maybe want children, everything she says feels like a deterrent. Almost like she is actively trying to convince people not to have children because she’s the only person in the world that should be a mother. Anyone else get that vibe? Almost everything she has said about being a new mom has been negative since he was born.

I feel so sorry for her younger audience that maybe want children, everything she says feels like a deterrent. Almost like she is actively trying to convince people not to have children because she’s the only person in the world that should be a mother. Anyone else get that vibe? Almost everything she has said about being a new mom has been negative since he was born.
Yeah. I get that she's trying to emphasize how much harder it is than she expected, but she really doesn't seem to be taking Alder into consideration at all. When I've leaned on people about motherhood, I've done it in ways that don't leave a digital footprint... because ultimately I chose to have my kid and she doesn't need to feel like a regret (which she absolutely isn't).

Reactions: 1
I get the impression that she's just a VERY negative person. She only ever seems to find happiness in plants and outdoors. This isn't me being arsey or anything, just a genuine observation.

Reactions: 8
Her poor son, when he someday reads everything she has posted about how crushingly difficult everything is about mothering him. Hopefully he will realize how mentally ill she is and not let it define him.

Reactions: 5
Zack and Kristi had the same hair cut and color when they met. I know looks aren't everything, but she was so unattractive with panda eyes and combed over bangs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Kristi’s maternity fell at a really unfortunate time tbh. There was such a huge shift in content creation and what viewers actually want to watch and she is still trying to create the same content she’s put out since the beginning of time. Her stories the other day reminiscing about the beauty community from years ago show how out of touch she is. No one wants that toxic mess back! She didn’t keep up and now she’s irrelevant. She would do much better if she focused her energy on researching current content trends and seeing what’s hot. An hour long GRWM or Q&A every other video is boring and shows how little she actually cares about her viewers.

To add – if she focused on content she enjoys such as the gardening, self sustainable living, parenting, she might actually find herself in a better spot creatively. No one cares about her opinion on anything beauty related because she looks homeless 99% of the time.

Reactions: 13
So maybe it's just because I'm at "witch eating crackers" level with Kristi, but the face she makes when she's posing with a finished makeup look drives me *insane.* With as many times as she's claimed she doesn't want lip fillers and she is happy with how she looks, she sure pushes out those duck lips every time she's trying to look pretty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Kristi’s maternity fell at a really unfortunate time tbh. There was such a huge shift in content creation and what viewers actually want to watch and she is still trying to create the same content she’s put out since the beginning of time. Her stories the other day reminiscing about the beauty community from years ago show how out of touch she is. No one wants that toxic mess back! She didn’t keep up and now she’s irrelevant. She would do much better if she focused her energy on researching current content trends and seeing what’s hot. An hour long GRWM or Q&A every other video is boring and shows how little she actually cares about her viewers.

To add – if she focused on content she enjoys such as the gardening, self sustainable living, parenting, she might actually find herself in a better spot creatively. No one cares about her opinion on anything beauty related because she looks homeless 99% of the time.
I'm forever baffled that she doesn't just change her channel to lifestyle.

Sarah Therese (a Canadian former YouTuber) did this probably around 2016 or so. Focused on sustainability, minimalism, healthy food for families, etc. She's extremely controversial for her religious views, but she still got insane views because her content felt like a breath of fresh air and -- like Kristi -- it was clear she was just kind of "over" makeup.

Reactions: 3
I'm forever baffled that she doesn't just change her channel to lifestyle.

Sarah Therese (a Canadian former YouTuber) did this probably around 2016 or so. Focused on sustainability, minimalism, healthy food for families, etc. She's extremely controversial for her religious views, but she still got insane views because her content felt like a breath of fresh air and -- like Kristi -- it was clear she was just kind of "over" makeup.
Omg, I had forgotten about Sarah until recently when she came up in my YT feed. She's pregnant with her 5th kid now and made some "goodbye" video about how she's done with YT because of how it affects her kids' lives (yet I notice that she has kept her old videos up so she will continue making money off of them). I liked the aesthetic and feel of her videos, but her uber-religious vibe just turned me off completely. I think that she has a website/newsletter too which probably brings in enough money that she doesn't need to keep making new videos.

Reactions: 1
So Jacksepticeye recently posted a video talking about the problems with YouTube, and one of the issues he described was YouTube channels thriving on consistency, because the algorithm essentially "punishes" you for taking breaks. So if you were uploading weekly, and then suddenly took 2 weeks or a month off, even if you come back and upload, it's going to effect your views because YouTube is not going to push them out as suggested videos.

So if that's true (which he's a huge creator so I think he'd know what he was talking about) I think in addition to changing her content to something she actually cares about now, if she wants to save her channel she NEEDS to get back on a consistent uploading schedule. Not just throw out a ton of videos at once and then go back to nothing for weeks

Reactions: 7
Who’s going to tell her that no one wants to watch a 51 minute video. Especially of hers 🥴

Not just throw out a ton of videos at once and then go back to nothing for weeks
I’ve noticed she only seems to do it when she HAS to, because she has a sponsor. But what do you need to keep getting sponsors? Views. She’s in a downward spiral, slowly killing her channel.

I think they're feeling the pinch financially. Before I lost the will to live and switched off that GRWM video I did see the bit where she says they're selling their old house which her sister has been renting since they moved to their current house. This suggests to me that the income generated from it wasn't enough to get them out the tit so they've turfed her sister out and put the house up for sale to get their hands on a chunk of money, fast.

I can't get over these influencers buying large houses outright at the peak of their fame. I'd be shitting myself if I were in that position, wondering whether I'd still be popular on youtube in a year's time. Utility bills, property maintenance etc. all adds up quickly even if you don't have a mortgage.

Reactions: 5
She’s relying on the “she’s posted!!!” excitement to generate views and engagement but that won’t last forever and it clearly isn’t working very well now anyway. There’s no place for creators like her anymore 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.