RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven't watched her new video, sick of her bullshit tbh. I just watched her stories on Insta though and saw her describe Alder as a "HSB". Ok I know jack tit about babies but is this some new fangled made up bullshit? But OF COURSE Kristi couldn't just have an ordinary baby, he has to be a "highly sensitive baby". I suggest it's she who is highly sensitive. That poor kid isolated there with her neuroses, no playgroups, no hustle and bustle of busy places, I feel sorry for him. Poor Zack too, leaving his job to be at home full time with that neurotic mess, she doesn't even seem to like Zack looking after him, it's HER baby.

I still reckon her engagement online has plummeted, hence this flurry of stories and "just thought I'd say hi" crap. Maybe people are sick of this smug baby bore. I know I am.
I’m sure it’s a real thing for some but I guarantee you it’s another thing she’s self diagnosed so she can be a martyr.

I do want to add a little more to the "HSB" thing because it bugs me so much. From what I can tell, it's a bit of pseudoscience to begin with. BUT in Kristi's case it honestly just seems like she struggles to put anyone before herself. So her baby cries because he needs something -- and he's a baby -- and she goes, "Oh my GOD I can't even put him down for a SECOND. There must be something wrong!!"

These are normal thoughts for an early parent to have. I had them myself. And it's really overwhelming at times. And yes, there are absolutely people who have "more chill" babies and it can feel tough when their kids can just nap and hang out and yours needs to be held at all times.

Here's the thing, though. For her to still be saying this at a year signals, to me, that she just does not grasp the concept of what a baby or a toddler is. They are a small person whose entire existence depends on you paying attention to them and meeting their needs. That doesn't make them unusual - it makes them very, very typical.

If Kristi is trying to say that this is a burden for her, what I really hear is this: "I'm used to being the baby in everyone's life, and I'm annoyed that I now have to put someone else before myself."

Kristi being this naive about babies and parenthood floors me. But it really makes me worry for Alder as he grows up, because suddenly all of his problems become her problems, and then he's the one who winds up soothing her. It's going to be a lonely life stuck in the woods with a neurotic mother and an absent father if she doesn't change things very fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
In true Kristi fashion, she posted on IG about breastfeeding just like Sam did some time ago…

Reactions: 2
She finally admitted she had no clue what motherhood would be like. Ya think? Everyone talks about how hard it is. She was looking at it from an aunt's perspective.

Reactions: 5
I really used to love Kristi and find her down to earth and relatable. She was my favourite beauty YouTuber hands down.. Now, I do understand mental health issues, having severe agoraphobia myself and I do appreciate her being so open and honest about things but honestly? I can't bring myself to watch her or look at her insta stories anymore. I finally unfollowed her on Instagram this morning..while I do appreciate that MH issues to do not discriminate, ALL she does now is complain about everything and she is so ungrateful for what she has.
You'd think she was the most hard done by person in the world ever, with nothing to her name and completely alone. I just can't do it anymore. I feel like an awful person, but the ungratefulness and her complaining about how hard done by she is, is just too much for me. I'd dread to think how she would cope living paycheck to paycheck in a council house with mould and damp issues like me, and I'm way more positive than she is.

Reactions: 15
Guess she didn’t think about this kind of stuff happening, no matter what you do, when she wanted to buy a house out in BFE and be a “homesteader”.
Honestly when she’s been storying all the issues lately with power and heating and snow and being out in the middle of nowhere I just think why? Why would you do that to yourself? She could have bought a fabulous house but not isolated themselves as much or caused as much drama and hassle.

Reactions: 7
Honestly when she’s been storying all the issues lately with power and heating and snow and being out in the middle of nowhere I just think why? Why would you do that to yourself? She could have bought a fabulous house but not isolated themselves as much or caused as much drama and hassle.
Then she'd have one less thing to be a victim/martyr about

• Haha
Reactions: 3
She wanted to be a homesteader, but -- just like with parenting -- it's because she had dreamy, Instagram-style images in her mind of casting corn out to her chickens and sitting on her porch overlooking her lawn and being in nature in peace and quiet.

Rather than the reality, which is that you spend a huge chunk of your day taking care of your house and property and it's genuinely hard work.

She seems to take things on the way a child does -- she expects something rosy and perfect and when it doesn't live up to that, she throws a fit and whines.

Reactions: 11
I think she thought having a baby would be like having a cat. She would just need to feed it, play with it when SHE felt like it and that would be that. She’s a very selfish, self indulgent person. She is not cut out for motherhood. The kid doesn’t have a chance. And she doesn’t help herself by asking for all happy rainbow and unicorn stories only as answers to her questions. My personal story is that pregnancy and becoming a mother was nothing short of a joy for me. Not the exaggerated catastrophic mess she has told the world about. And that’s if we believe even half of what she says. The problem is her, not the baby. Poor Zach. He and the baby have my sympathy.

Reactions: 6
God she looks rough in her recent insta story. I get it, you don't have water, do you really need to announce that you haven't showered in 3 days 🤢

I don't think she really thought out the whole remote living thing and they seem to have had issues when it's hot and now issues when it's cold 😂 great house for a young family

Sorry to non-parents fo this rant, but Kristi's sleep training bullshit is making me mad.

She admits herself that she didn't actually commit to doing it properly. So she's now claiming it "didn't work" and is also pulling the "Sorry I just want my son to know he's loved and cared for" thing.

I hate the way she hides behind the "You do you! Everyone make their own choice!" and then pulls the ultimate mom guilt move of "I'm just making a choice that tells my child his needs are valid but it's okay if you don't"

She really did go Toxic Mommy so fast.

To be ultra clear: I respect anyone's decision on how they want to handle sleep. But she's being a sanctimonious little jerk here and it annoys me.

Reactions: 13
Sorry to non-parents fo this rant, but Kristi's sleep training bullshit is making me mad.

She admits herself that she didn't actually commit to doing it properly. So she's now claiming it "didn't work" and is also pulling the "Sorry I just want my son to know he's loved and cared for" thing.

I hate the way she hides behind the "You do you! Everyone make their own choice!" and then pulls the ultimate mom guilt move of "I'm just making a choice that tells my child his needs are valid but it's okay if you don't"

She really did go Toxic Mommy so fast.

To be ultra clear: I respect anyone's decision on how they want to handle sleep. But she's being a sanctimonious little jerk here and it annoys me.
Ahh see this is one thing I actually applaud Kristi for. IMO sleep training/CIO is akin to abuse 😬 imagine leaving an elderly relative to ‘cry it out’ because they need to learn how ‘self soothe’ 😭 it just wouldn’t happen. It’s DEVELOPMENTAL. It cannot be taught. Soz, that’s my mumsnet rant of the day 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ahh see this is one thing I actually applaud Kristi for. IMO sleep training/CIO is akin to abuse 😬 imagine leaving an elderly relative to ‘cry it out’ because they need to learn how ‘self soothe’ 😭 it just wouldn’t happen. It’s DEVELOPMENTAL. It cannot be taught. Soz, that’s my mumsnet rant of the day 🤣
Agreed! I wouldn’t dream of leaving an adult crying alone in a room.

We dabbled in it and it worked for us. As in from 3 months we would judge the level of the cry (because you know by then what type of cry it is) give it roughly 10 minutes which is the maximum time they tell you to leave them crying, then go and soothe in whatever way works for your child and then leave the room again.

Leaving to cry it out doesn’t mean leaving them all night. My son is now very in touch with his emotions and can regulate how he feels quite well and still gets comfort and cuddles whenever he wants. I wouldn’t put it in the same bracket as abuse at all - unless you’re just ignoring them all night and not doing it properly.

Almost nobody does “cry it out”. The vast majority of sleep training specifically tells you to go in and reassure them at regular intervals.

Reactions: 4
Almost nobody does “cry it out”. The vast majority of sleep training specifically tells you to go in and reassure them at regular intervals.
still leaving them to cry when they need you, because you want to force them into doing something they’re not actually ready to do tho.

Reactions: 1
still leaving them to cry when they need you, because you want to force them into doing something they’re not actually ready to do tho.
Although it isn’t? 10 minutes max isn’t going to ruin them forever. What it does do, is give them a few minutes of learning how to regulate. That’s not a bad thing.

You learn with your kids what each cry means so it’s not ignoring the hungry or in pain cry but giving the “lve woken up and I’m startled by that” or “I’m fighting sleep” cries a few minutes to adjust to their surroundings. but that’s just me and what’s worked for us, everyone is different. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway, back to Kristi.

Reactions: 4
My daughter learned to regulate her emotions and self soothe in her own time, it didn't require me leaving her to cry for any length of time 🤷‍♀️ And tbh I attribute me not using CIO to why bedtimes now are never a fight or anything? She knows that if she gets upset or scared I'll be there in a flash, so she's more comfortable going to bed when I say that it's bedtime

I'm not judging people who use this method to sleep train their kids, I don't personally consider it abuse, whatever you need to do to be a healthy functioning parent is fine by me, but likewise let's not shame people who CIO didn't work for, because it's not a one size fits all thing.

I think she thought they could stay there and never have to work again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.