RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What is it with all these questions on instagram?
IMO she's trying to up her engagement as the ads and sponsorships are drying up. They bought that lovely big house with acres of land, and Zac left his job when she was at her peak of success on youtube. The money and freebies were rolling in. Then she had the baby and turned into a baby bore who couldn't be arsed to do any makeup tutorials. Followers lost interest so surely brands and companies did too. Running a big house like that and neither of them working must be getting difficult, I wouldn't want to base my financial security and future on doing makeup videos. The public are notoriously fickle and will find someone new to follow very quickly if they get bored.

Reactions: 13
IMO she's trying to up her engagement as the ads and sponsorships are drying up. They bought that lovely big house with acres of land, and Zac left his job when she was at her peak of success on youtube. The money and freebies were rolling in. Then she had the baby and turned into a baby bore who couldn't be arsed to do any makeup tutorials. Followers lost interest so surely brands and companies did too. Running a big house like that and neither of them working must be getting difficult, I wouldn't want to base my financial security and future on doing makeup videos. The public are notoriously fickle and will find someone new to follow very quickly if they get bored.
I agree her core audience are into beauty and she hasn't really done anything to engage a new audience, though I feel even without the baby she would of dried of relevance pretty soon

Reactions: 7
I had a baby 6 months before her and I usually love baby stuff but she’s so far removed from the experiences I, or anyone I know have had. She’s so concerned with minisucle stuff to do with the baby that you’d chat to friends about that I’ve zero interest in her videos at all now. I haven’t watched a single one since she started uploading again.

what’s with all the screen time polls recently? She beats herself up over the weirdest things.

Reactions: 6
It’s not that weird. There’s a lot of shaming over screen time with children and she’s probably read all sort of behavioral issues with having screen time or not having and she wants personal experience from other moms so she can be “perfect”. I think she needs a new therapist because for someone going three times a week she is not improving her way of thinking. Also a doc needs to tell her meds are tricky and it’s a process.

Reactions: 1
It’s not that weird. There’s a lot of shaming over screen time with children and she’s probably read all sort of behavioral issues with having screen time or not having and she wants personal experience from other moms so she can be “perfect”. I think she needs a new therapist because for someone going three times a week she is not improving her way of thinking. Also a doc needs to tell her meds are tricky and it’s a process.
There can be a lot of shaming around it, if you chose to engage with that. Like everything, there's a balance and trusting your own judgement on what's best for your child. She seems to be fixated on the "perfect" way to raise a child, like she hasn't realised there isn't one yet.

Reactions: 4
I had a baby 6 months before her and I usually love baby stuff but she’s so far removed from the experiences I, or anyone I know have had. She’s so concerned with minisucle stuff to do with the baby that you’d chat to friends about that I’ve zero interest in her videos at all now. I haven’t watched a single one since she started uploading again.

what’s with all the screen time polls recently? She beats herself up over the weirdest things.
I've said this before, but honestly our experiences are really similar on paper but the way she's gone about it has been so alien to me. I'm a huge advocate for mental health and sharing the realities but nothing she does comes off as relatable or frankly believable.

Also I agree about screen time shaming, but she perpetuates so much of the shame around child-rearing that it's all sort of boring.

Reactions: 5
I’m looking for jeans that are stretchy, TIGHT skinny jeans with high waist. Everything I buy fits me well in the waist and is absolute dumpy butt baggy ass legs. I’m a size 12 if that helps. I want the legs to be TIGHT and they NEVER ARE
Why does she insist on clothing styles that are not flattering on her body type? I remember a clothing haul she did a few years back where she kept complaining about the clothing and completely not acknowledging that it was the wrong style/cut for her body type.

What she's describing she wants is literally going to make her look like The Penguin from Batman Returns

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why does she insist on clothing styles that are not flattering on her body type? I remember a clothing haul she did a few years back where she kept complaining about the clothing and completely not acknowledging that it was the wrong style/cut for her body type.

What she's describing she wants is literally going to make her look like The Penguin from Batman Returns
I know Kibbe typing is a bit controversial, but so many people really would benefit from learning their lines clothing-wise. It's so easy to get caught up in trends that just don't work for your body. In Kristi's case, she definitely has a hard body to dress but she has the money to get a consultation.

My best guess is that she's a soft classic, and would look best in a wide-leg pant, not high-waisted skinny jeans that will just accentuate the worst elements of her figure.

I know Kibbe typing is a bit controversial, but so many people really would benefit from learning their lines clothing-wise. It's so easy to get caught up in trends that just don't work for your body. In Kristi's case, she definitely has a hard body to dress but she has the money to get a consultation.

My best guess is that she's a soft classic, and would look best in a wide-leg pant, not high-waisted skinny jeans that will just accentuate the worst elements of her figure.
I agree, I mean, I think everyone should wear what they want if it makes them happy. But this style is clearly not making her happy, and instead of trying a different style that might suit her body type better, she blames the clothing for not fitting her the way it fits others with different body types.

She's an apple shape, I definitely think it would benefit her more to opt for a mid rise pant as well, instead of high rise.

Reactions: 3
I agree, I mean, I think everyone should wear what they want if it makes them happy. But this style is clearly not making her happy, and instead of trying a different style that might suit her body type better, she blames the clothing for not fitting her the way it fits others with different body types.

She's an apple shape, I definitely think it would benefit her more to opt for a mid rise pant as well, instead of high rise.
Yeah, ultimately if she wants to live in the wilderness and wear nothing but loose linen shift dresses, I'm fine with that. But if she's asking for it advice, she might as well... actually learn how to dress her body.

She is just overweight, short and has a metabolic syndrome which makes her gain weight like a man… which kibbe type is that XD

She is just overweight, short and has a metabolic syndrome which makes her gain weight like a man… which kibbe type is that XD
I mean, she can still learn to dress her body.

Her latest IG meltdown is fun, though. It absolutely just comes off as a need for attention.

Like… you’re mad that your kid wants attention? That’s going to be fun for the rest of his life.

Reactions: 6
I mean, she can still learn to dress her body.

Her latest IG meltdown is fun, though. It absolutely just comes off as a need for attention.

Like… you’re mad that your kid wants attention? That’s going to be fun for the rest of his life.
She doesn't seem to understand that he only interacts with her and Zach, so when she's talking, and Daddy isn't around, in his eyes she's talking to him. That's why he's getting so pushy and being noisy, because he thinks you're interacting with him!

Stop acting like he's so difficult Kristi! That's literally how babies/ toddlers are for everyone!

Reactions: 9
She doesn't seem to understand that he only interacts with her and Zach, so when she's talking, and Daddy isn't around, in his eyes she's talking to him. That's why he's getting so pushy and being noisy, because he thinks you're interacting with him!

Stop acting like he's so difficult Kristi! That's literally how babies/ toddlers are for everyone!
Yeah. I get tired sometimes when I'm home with my baby all day long, but I still know not to tit-talk her right in front of her because she's always listening.

I think she needs to leave the house more often and stop panicking about leaving the kid alone with his dad. If I was stuck in the middle of nowhere, not socializing with anyone I would not be okay either.

Reactions: 9
I can't bring myself to watch the current video. I feel like we're going to get monthly "mental health updates" because it's the only way she knows how to get views anymore.

But she also did an AMA on Instagram yesterday and... truly I can't keep track of all of her bullsh*t. Months ago she claimed her son basically sleep trained himself because she put up dark curtains. Then she was saying that she lets him "fuss but not cry" at night to help with sleeping through the night. And now she's saying that she tried sleep training, but it didn't work. She tried it for three days, except she didn't because she didn't actually commit to it because she couldn't handle him crying, but she did try it and it didn't work.

I'm not here to debate sleep training, but I will say that I suspect Kristi is dumb enough that she tried "cry it out" (which is a last-resort option for people who are truly desperate), but then couldn't handle crying. So instead she just... put him down until he cried and then went and picked him up? For three nights? And she's surprised that didn't work?

Again -- not looking for a debate on sleep training, but proper "gentle" methods absolutely work in three nights as long as you really do them, and sleep is a huge part of mental health. It feels like Kristi needs to be a martyr at all times, which is part of why I'm not bothering with her mental health updates anymore.

Reactions: 10
Haven't watched her new video, sick of her bullshit tbh. I just watched her stories on Insta though and saw her describe Alder as a "HSB". Ok I know jack tit about babies but is this some new fangled made up bullshit? But OF COURSE Kristi couldn't just have an ordinary baby, he has to be a "highly sensitive baby". I suggest it's she who is highly sensitive. That poor kid isolated there with her neuroses, no playgroups, no hustle and bustle of busy places, I feel sorry for him. Poor Zack too, leaving his job to be at home full time with that neurotic mess, she doesn't even seem to like Zack looking after him, it's HER baby.

I still reckon her engagement online has plummeted, hence this flurry of stories and "just thought I'd say hi" crap. Maybe people are sick of this smug baby bore. I know I am.

Reactions: 11
I can’t even be arsed with her anymore. She makes out having a child is the hardest thing ever imaginable and she can’t possibly function as a normal person anymore. Like, is she for real? She’s self employed and sits on her arse all day and has her husband there 24/7. She needs to shut up and get on with it. 😬I realise I might sound a bit insensitive but I know tons and tons of people who’ve had babies (myself included) and not one of them had acted in the manner she has. I genuinely don’t think she’s cut out for kids 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.