RawBeautyKristi

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those links I provided were just to reiterate my point that bed sharing can be done safely and there is no increased risk of SIDS as our resident dr would like us to believe it’s ‘extremely’ dangerous. I can’t find the link to back up my other claim & tbh I don’t really wanna sit there scrolling through the internet for people who dont want to listen 🤷‍♀️✌

eta - I’m ‘ignoring’ you so don’t bother replying. I won’t see it :)
I found it. It was nice guideless 2020. Did you read the whole thing? It also states that depression rates in mothers who bed share is higher and they excluded the following from the study:

“ twins

young women (19 years or under)

women sleeping separately from a partner

women with physical and cognitive disabilities

women with severe mental health illness

nature of the sleep surface, for example shared bed or sofa/armchair smoking, alcohol, drugs (prescribed or recreational)

sleeping with other siblings

intentional and unintentional co-sleeping
co-sleeping all night, every night and co-sleeping some of the time. “

As all of those things are dangerous for co-sleeping and the risk in trialling it based on performance bias hasn’t been done.

Absolutely nowhere does it mention it reduces rates of SIDS. Because it doesn’t? Because in the majority of circumstances it is extremely dangerous...

Lol at “resident dr” - I’m Gastro not paeds but go off I guess?? 🤷🏻‍♀️
Can we get back to Kristi now?

Reactions: 6
I'm sorry for bringing this up because I should've known it would be a hot-button topic. At the end of the day, people should make their own choices with their kids. I'm happy with the choice I've made, and I'm happy for others if they can say the same.

Ultimately that's my point, I guess -- that Kristi is miserable and yet is using shame-y language to justify her misery. It doesn't matter to me what choice she makes, what matters is that she's employing momguilt to make herself feel better.

Reactions: 10
I'm sorry for bringing this up because I should've known it would be a hot-button topic. At the end of the day, people should make their own choices with their kids. I'm happy with the choice I've made, and I'm happy for others if they can say the same.

Ultimately that's my point, I guess -- that Kristi is miserable and yet is using shame-y language to justify her misery. It doesn't matter to me what choice she makes, what matters is that she's employing momguilt to make herself feel better.
I think ultimately the issue is people like Kristi and the above poster going really hard into one mindset, living in an echo chamber where the only information they absorb is what supports what they already believe, and then they make shamey judgemental comments like "Sorry I just want my son to know he's loved and cared for" and "IMO sleep training/CIO is akin to abuse" and think you're not allowed to be offended or upset by statements like that "because it's just my opinion."

It's something that SHOULDN'T be a hot button issue, but becomes one because of parents (moms) like Kristi who think the only way to build themselves up is by tearing others down.

Reactions: 7
I wonder whether she and Zack bought the house outright or whether they have a mortgage? They bought it at the height of her popularity and I'm guessing her engagement has gone down since she became a baby bore. I'd be shitting myself knowing I'd got mortgage payments due on a property that size, especially since Zack gave up his job. Gorgeous house, though.

Reactions: 11
I actually got excited when I saw she was doing a de-clutter video because it felt like good, normal content. So of course she just got rid of some lashes and then said, "Wow this is going to need to be a series".

I...

I wonder whether she and Zack bought the house outright or whether they have a mortgage? They bought it at the height of her popularity and I'm guessing her engagement has gone down since she became a baby bore. I'd be shitting myself knowing I'd got mortgage payments due on a property that size, especially since Zack gave up his job. Gorgeous house, though.
I have to assume it's a mortgage, and I suspect there's a bit of panic going on at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Ugh her stories are infuriating. Its not just baby led weaning that is messy it’s the fact you have a baby who is eating solids, that’s messy!
not everything needs to be a “thing” or have a label

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Kristi said she struggles to do new things, like something as simple as a new movie. She needs regular therapy. That isn't good.

• Haha
New to this thread, but just saw a story complaining why toddlers get up so "ungodly early".... but she said it's 6:55am.. maybe I do just have early starts, but is that not a very reasonable time to get up for most people regardless of having a toddler or not..? I wouldn't consider 7am "ungodly early" for anyone, I'd even say that's pretty damn good for a toddler!

My baby was up at 2:30am, try that one love 🙃😭 prior to having him, I left for work at 6:45am each day 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 13
Kristi said she struggles to do new things, like something as simple as a new movie. She needs regular therapy. That isn't good.
I immediately came here after hearing that. Girl, WHAT. She really is pathologizing every little thing now.

New to this thread, but just saw a story complaining why toddlers get up so "ungodly early".... but she said it's 6:55am.. maybe I do just have early starts, but is that not a very reasonable time to get up for most people regardless of having a toddler or not..? I wouldn't consider 7am "ungodly early" for anyone, I'd even say that's pretty damn good for a toddler!

My baby was up at 2:30am, try that one love 🙃😭 prior to having him, I left for work at 6:45am each day 🤷‍♀️
Same. When our baby began sleeping in *until* 7am it was a miracle. My husband gets up for work at 5am most days and I start work at 7:30. She needs to get a grip.

Reactions: 9
Ran here when I saw her story. I'm bleeping raging. I haven't been able to have children, I start IVF in a few months, and all she bleeping does is COMPLAIN.

Many people, myself included get up at 5am, 6am, 7am for work, family, commitments and manage to actual put the effort in. I know she's at home with her child but does she always have to look so trampy with her greasy trunchbull bun scraped back and no bra...

Just because she struggled to conceive I'm not saying she can't complain about being tired, etc but I'm sorry, the time she's complaining about may be a bit early but just have a bleeping coffee and move on.

She's really wound me up today. Sorry.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ran here when I saw her story. I'm bleeping raging. I haven't been able to have children, I start IVF in a few months, and all she bleeping does is COMPLAIN.

Many people, myself included get up at 5am, 6am, 7am for work, family, commitments and manage to actual put the effort in. I know she's at home with her child but does she always have to look so trampy with her greasy trunchbull bun scraped back and no bra...

Just because she struggled to conceive I'm not saying she can't complain about being tired, etc but I'm sorry, the time she's complaining about may be a bit early but just have a bleeping coffee and move on.

She's really wound me up today. Sorry.
I'm really sorry you're going through this. Infertility (real infertility, not Kristi's made-up story) is a f*cking hard thing to go through. It takes over your life and makes it hard to feel happy about anything.

Like yes, every mom is allowed to complain *but* as someone who also had a rocky fertility journey, every single day I sit and think about how grateful and happy I am for my kid. Yes there are days when I want to tear my hair out or feel worn out, but what I definitely didn't do was go, "Oh this must mean my baby is a horrible 'extra special' frustrating baby that I've pathologized based on my random midnight Googling."

It's clear now that Kristi self-diagnosed with infertility just like she self-diagnoses herself with "Can't watch movies syndrome" (loool) and "Extra special high sensitivity baby syndrome" or what the f*ck else.

She makes a mockery of people who are actually struggling with fertility or special needs kids and it should make you mad.

• Heart

7am is pretty ungodly for me :LOL:

8am is the earliest I get up for work for my weekend job (though it's usually 9am) and my toddler doesn't usually wake up until at least 10am. But she also stays up later too, so it evens out.

Reactions: 1
Raise your hand if you don’t want to see her eat with her hair a hot mess hamming in her face.

Guys she’s here to give advice as a single mum now! Zach is sick so is isolating himself and now she’s a single parent who “gets how hard it is”

Good grief what is with these influencer/online content makers whatever, constantly making out like parenting is the worst thing in the world. And also losing any care over themselves. I have a 3 month old baby and yes it's hard some days, I'm tired and my house is a tad cluttered. But god it's been the best 3 months of my life! And I still manage to make myself look vaguely put together and brush my hair once in a while.

Her recent stories "do what you've gotta do to survive" god sake woman, pull yourself together and just play with your kid, you might even enjoy it and have fun! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I have a friend with two kids and a long term deployed husband who complains faaaar less!

I think maybe they go into it with huge rose tinted glasses on or something? Expecting it all to be dreamy cuddles and giggles at all times? Then the reality gives them a bigger slap in the face than most?

Reactions: 11
Guys she’s here to give advice as a single mum now! Zach is sick so is isolating himself and now she’s a single parent who “gets how hard it is”
She is so freaking pathetic I cannot stand it. I had a baby 34 years ago, alone, by myself, no help whatsoever and I tell you it was a joy! Piece of crap car that got me where I needed, no washer and dryer so it was laundromat with the baby, in his carriage, making several trips back and forth from the car with laundry and the baby, or wash by hand in tub and rinse and ring out like crazy, then hang on a line in the house till dry. That’s only a tiny look into the struggle and looking back, I didn’t complain, I did what needed to be done. No babysitter. Nap when baby naps. No complaints of no “me time”. I knew the meaning of having a child meant my life was no going to be dedicated to that child. Why does she not understand what she was in for?

• Heart
I’m watching her new video and I keep hating how she’s saying she’s going more natural with her makeup because I feel like she’s really not??? Like her makeup still looks caked on and she still makes herself orange. Her face still looks full beat, but it’s a “natural” look not naturally done if that makes sense??

Reactions: 4
Good grief what is with these influencer/online content makers whatever, constantly making out like parenting is the worst thing in the world. And also losing any care over themselves. I have a 3 month old baby and yes it's hard some days, I'm tired and my house is a tad cluttered. But god it's been the best 3 months of my life! And I still manage to make myself look vaguely put together and brush my hair once in a while.

Her recent stories "do what you've gotta do to survive" god sake woman, pull yourself together and just play with your kid, you might even enjoy it and have fun! 🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️ I have a friend with two kids and a long term deployed husband who complains faaaar less!

I think maybe they go into it with huge rose tinted glasses on or something? Expecting it all to be dreamy cuddles and giggles at all times? Then the reality gives them a bigger slap in the face than most?
Honestly I think Kristi is a part of that subset of people who just like, need to complain and one up others? Like, everything is the misery Olympics and they're getting the gold. Colleen Ballinger is another one like that.

I'd say maybe it's exclusive to internet personalities but I think we've all known at least one person in our lives who was that like "Oh you're sick? Well I was hospitalized. Oh your home got burglarized? Well I was kidnapped and held for ransom" everything I do is so much more extreme and more interesting than everything you do or have ever done.

Reactions: 8
Good she annoys me so bleeping much.
She always has it hardest than anyone else, although her and Zak have literally nothing else to do than take care of their son. But no, it's hard for her, her baby is exceptionally difficult, of course.
I saw on her stories today she's dragging around her toddler in a cart, WTF? Like a stroller is not good enough for you? Does she realise he can stand up and fall over? She's so stupid I can't.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.