Radford Family #6 Sue claims Heidie is the last, something she's said many times in the pa

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually don't think it's weird that they shared that, they shared his funeral and an actual photo of him, so I don't think in their eyes a visit to the grave is an intimate, private thing. At one stage I think they went every week and the kids would play there, so it isn't necessarily a place of sadness for them either. It is their way of connecting to Alfie and making him 'real' for the children who came after him.

Reactions: 6
I have very similar photos of my children at their grandparents and big sisters graves. I would never post them on either my private or public insta though as they are private moments in our family life. I couldn't imagine using heart break to cash in
See that I do agree with. Taking the photos, absolutely fine and normal. It is a very personal thing though so not sure I would put them on social media. I have seen similar from friends on FB and think it's totally their prerogative to share if they want to, even if it's not something I would personally do. However, I'm guessing they're sharing to a relatively small audience of people they know, assuming their profile is private, and definitely not doing it for likes.

Unfortunately, with the Radfords the cynic in me does often wonder if they post such personal images simply for the likes. It's the same with photos of Tillie in hospital etc 😥

Reactions: 5
i'm really cringed out at today's vlog (tillie's 10th birthday) when casper is sat at the table eating in the background whilst tillie is showing her new LOL doll. idk if it's just me but it made me really upset and sick to my stomach. it feels like he doesn't know he's being filmed and is just innocently trying to eat his lunch. i'm sure he does know, but it just really upset me and hit home that these children have no privacy at all.

timestamp- 8.18

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Well we all knew Tillie would get a birthday vlog.
Was great to see her being able to unwrap her presents while all the other kids had their hands all over them and Archie saying where's mine!

Reactions: 3
Poor Tillie she never got much a look in at new present they need to give Tillie time to open and play with her own toys

Well we all knew Tillie would get a birthday vlog.
Was great to see her being able to unwrap her presents while all the other kids had their hands all over them and Archie saying where's mine!
I've always thought their children are quite pushy, and will just take what they want. No one seems to say, No, this is so and so's presents, so sit down and wait.

Reactions: 8
Re: the grave picture. I think it’s nice. Some may see it as morbid but Alfie is a part of their family, and I think it’s sweet they include him. My son is cremated but my daughter regularly talks to his urn (even though I’m not sure she fully understands) and I’ve got pictures of her with it. Might be a little strange but it’s the only way my kids will ever be photographed together.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Whilst watching Tillie open her presents, both parents are present as well as a few of the little ones BUT where were the others? I don’t mean why weren’t they watching Tillie I mean they’re still little and no Adult is supervising? The living room door was shut. They could be anywhere? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
I've always thought their children are quite pushy, and will just take what they want. No one seems to say, No, this is so and so's presents, so sit down and wait.
I find Hallie is the worst for this it’s so frustrating to watch her grabbing at stuff and your right nobody stops her or any of the others when they do this.

100% agree - it's always Hallie grabbing other people's presents but never being told off! It was almost refreshing to hear Noel telling Archie and Phoebe that the presents/cards were for Tillie, as we all know Sue would just giggle at them, but no word was ever said to Hallie.

I have to say it was sweet seeing Aimee helping Tillie unpack/play with her dolls at the table. Tillie is in an odd position in the family in that she doesn't have a sibling of the same gender within 1-2 years of her as everyone else does - she's got Aimee 3/4(?) years older, and then Hallie 5(?) years younger. Wouldn't make much difference in a normal family but in the Radford's she's a bit left out sometimes - not quite old enough to hang out with the older girls all the time but not young enough to play the same kinds of games as the younger ones.

Reactions: 11
100% agree - it's always Hallie grabbing other people's presents but never being told off! It was almost refreshing to hear Noel telling Archie and Phoebe that the presents/cards were for Tillie, as we all know Sue would just giggle at them, but no word was ever said to Hallie.

I have to say it was sweet seeing Aimee helping Tillie unpack/play with her dolls at the table. Tillie is in an odd position in the family in that she doesn't have a sibling of the same gender within 1-2 years of her as everyone else does - she's got Aimee 3/4(?) years older, and then Hallie 5(?) years younger. Wouldn't make much difference in a normal family but in the Radford's she's a bit left out sometimes - not quite old enough to hang out with the older girls all the time but not young enough to play the same kinds of games as the younger ones.
Yeah, I said more or less the same the other week when their bedroom arrangements were bought up.

Tillie and Archie are very much the odd ones out with their positions in the family (and Chris obviously, not an issue now but I'm sure he felt very left out as a kid). All the others have a sibling of the same gender very close in age to them except for those 2. Maybe James a bit too (roughly 3 years younger than Luke and 3 years older than Josh I think?). Like you say, that would mean nothing in a regular size family but with the Radfords a 3-5 year gap between you and the next closest in age same sex sibling is massive as it means at least 2 kids of the opposite sex inbetween. The must feel left out when most of the others have a same sex sibling only 11-18 months ish apart.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I said more or less the same the other week when their bedroom arrangements were bought up.

Tillie and Archie are very much the odd ones out with their positions in the family (and Chris obviously, not an issue now but I'm sure he felt very left out as a kid). All the others have a sibling of the same gender very close in age to them except for those 2. Maybe James a bit too (roughly 3 years younger than Luke and 3 years older than Josh I think?). Like you say, that would mean nothing in a regular size family but with the Radfords a 3-5 year gap between you and the next closest in age same sex sibling is massive as it means at least 2 kids of the opposite sex inbetween. The must feel left out when most of the others have a same sex sibling only 11-18 months ish apart.
Yep - bedroom wise it's odd too. Now that they've got Heidie though that makes four of the little girls close in age that can share a room so Tillie might get her own as they can't justify five into a room in the future. They used to have the big triple bunk in what is now the girls room but now I think they've got built-in wardrobes so that wouldn't work. James seems left out in general somehow but yeah he was in a position similar to Tillie - too young for the older ones but too old for the littlies. Now that they're older I think he fits in better - hopefully it'll be the same for Tillie.

I've wondered about Chris too - is he close to the older boys? I think in the earliest shows they all shared the same red bedroom that some of them are still in, before he moved to one of the basement rooms. As you say not really an issue now but he seemed to keep to himself while he was at home and there is nearly 10 years(?) between him and Jack and I think 5(?) between him and Sophie. Being far away now it must be hard to stay close to his siblings - especially the younger ones.

I've wondered about Chris too - is he close to the older boys? I think in the earliest shows they all shared the same red bedroom that some of them are still in, before he moved to one of the basement rooms. As you say not really an issue now but he seemed to keep to himself while he was at home and there is nearly 10 years(?) between him and Jack and I think 5(?) between him and Sophie. Being far away now it must be hard to stay close to his siblings - especially the younger ones.
Since he moved out I'm guessing Chris' relationship with the little ones is much like you'd have with much younger cousins you rarely see. It must be very hard to have that sibling bond with them, especially those born since he left the family home (and especially those younger than his own children).

Sophie obviously sees more of them (pre-lockdown) due to still being local but even she must feel they're more like cousins than siblings if they were born after she started having her own kids and moved out of the family home.

As for bedrooms, I hope poor Katie gets her own very soon. A 17 year old, sharing with 3 younger siblings including one as young as 10 isn't good for her privacy at all.

As for bedrooms, I hope poor Katie gets her own very soon. A 17 year old, sharing with 3 younger siblings including one as young as 10 isn't good for her privacy at all.
[/QUOTE]
I do agree in a way but in another way my girls age 13 and 16 have to share they have no choice and all I did was teach about own privacy

I do agree in a way but in another way my girls age 13 and 16 have to share they have no choice and all I did was teach about own privacy
[/QUOTE]
13 and 16, whilst different stages of teenhood, are much closer in ages than 10 and 17 though.

Obviously not everyone has space for all children to have their own bedroom and people have to make do but we all know they have the space. Chloe has a make up room for goodness sake. I'm guessing it's because Katie is still studying and therefore not earning yet that she's deemed not entitled to her own room yet, which is really sad.

If I remember from the house tour I think Luke and James share too? Or at least they did. I think only Chloe, Millie, Jack and Daniel had their own rooms (plus the ridiculous scenario of Chloe having an extra room for her make up too).

I've just seen the latest vlog/advert for LOL.

When Tillie read her card and pointed out it was from all of them, Noel said it was the first with Heidie's name in it. Did poor Aimee not even get a card the other week then?! Or is Noel just so blasé about his kid's birthdays that he really does instantly forget the occured unless they bother to vlog it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Obviously not everyone has space for all children to have their own bedroom and people have to make do but we all know they have the space. Chloe has a make up room for goodness sake. I'm guessing it's because Katie is still studying and therefore not earning yet that she's deemed not entitled to her own room yet, which is really sad.

If I remember from the house tour I think Luke and James share too? Or at least they did. I think only Chloe, Millie, Jack and Daniel had their own rooms (plus the ridiculous scenario of Chloe having an extra room for her make up too).
There was a rumor on a previous thread that those with their own bedrooms pay extra/rent for them? Not too sure about that though as Millie has had her own room since she was 13/14?

Luke and James share the red bedroom that used to have Jack & Daniel in it too. Not as big of an age gap as Tillie and Katie though. Chloe's make up room is now Daniel's bedroom in the basement - I think they only let her have it while she was studying but now can work from the salon so no longer needs it.

I do wonder if they have more rooms in the basement? As they used to have all the washers and driers upstairs in the old kitchen, but it was only when Sue got her 18kg that they suddenly had a laundry room in the basement. Within the last year they've also put a bathroom down there, which looked brand new so I'm assuming that it was just an empty room before? Before Chloe used it as her make-up room, what was in that basement room? :unsure:

I think Noel tried to (possibly in one of the earlier shows?) but I can't recall the outcome! He seems to know more about his past, or at least has shared more, than Sue has. I don't recall Sue ever addressing it further than the fact the both she and Noel were adopted - somehow she seems to have more repressed issues about it than Noel.
It would be interesting if either of them did track down their biological parents and surprised them with 22 grandkids!
I would be surprised. I believe he was a foundling.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
There was a rumor on a previous thread that those with their own bedrooms pay extra/rent for them? Not too sure about that though as Millie has had her own room since she was 13/14?

Luke and James share the red bedroom that used to have Jack & Daniel in it too. Not as big of an age gap as Tillie and Katie though. Chloe's make up room is now Daniel's bedroom in the basement - I think they only let her have it while she was studying but now can work from the salon so no longer needs it.

I do wonder if they have more rooms in the basement? As they used to have all the washers and driers upstairs in the old kitchen, but it was only when Sue got her 18kg that they suddenly had a laundry room in the basement. Within the last year they've also put a bathroom down there, which looked brand new so I'm assuming that it was just an empty room before? Before Chloe used it as her make-up room, what was in that basement room? :unsure:
I paid ‘keep’ as soon as I got a job, I’d proberlt do the same too especially if they all end up like chloe and stay for ages, Millies had a few jobs too I’m guessing they just ask for keep once they know they can pay for it

I’m guessing it was an empty room and they’ve done it up everything looks very fresh down there and modern

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.