Radford Family #6 Sue claims Heidie is the last, something she's said many times in the pa

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know why but I always feel for Luke. He just seems so sad all the time and like he doesn’t have a place in the family

Reactions: 1
I’m sure that boy at the front of the current stories where they’re sitting round the table isn’t one of theirs, or am I going mad?
I don't recognise him but honestly someone could show me a picture of any brunette child with wide eyes and tell me it's theirs and I'll believe them. I only know what maybe 4 or 5 of them actually look like.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Who have they got working at the sun, absolutely gushing over these idiots.

Padding pool= Water Park
#gifted slime= Great idea
Noels cooking=Amazing - Same guy whos pie shop had a 1* hygiene rating yeah?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Alphia was for Alfie, I remember her asking our opinions on it and it is a nice tribute.
I dont think they had a chance to come to terms with Alfie and were too busy trying to replace him.
Beau was meant to feminise the name as she thought it meant beautiful, when actually its a masculine name meaning Handsome or Boyfriend.
I was just about to say don't they realise Beau is the boy's version, meaning handsome. Should have either gone for Bo or, if it was the meaning they were after, Belle for the female equivalent.

I've often wondered if Beau was some naff nod to the fact she was their rainbow (bow/beau)?

Reactions: 10
Beau was because the next baby born after a stillbirth is called a 'rainbow baby' so bow=beau for Hallie's middle name

Name-wise they've also got repeats in Sophie's kids - Daisy Mae (different spelling but same as Ellie May & Tillie May), and Ayprill Louise (Katie Louise). Not sure on her son's names but wouldn't be surprised if there was another repeat in there. Is there any family significance with the name May/Mae? I understand them using Rose twice as it has significance being their grandmothers name, but any reasoning for the other names?

Reactions: 2
Beau was because the next baby born after a stillbirth is called a 'rainbow baby' so bow=beau for Hallie's middle name

Name-wise they've also got repeats in Sophie's kids - Daisy Mae (different spelling but same as Ellie May & Tillie May), and Ayprill Louise (Katie Louise). Not sure on her son's names but wouldn't be surprised if there was another repeat in there. Is there any family significance with the name May/Mae? I understand them using Rose twice as it has significance being their grandmothers name, but any reasoning for the other names?
Whatever their reason, the spelling is still a very odd choice for a little girl, given it's meaning...

I wouldn't read too much into Sophie's kids having similar or repeated middle names to some of her siblings. Firstly they are technically the next generation and it's not uncommon to reuse the same names in different generations of families. It's not her fault her own kids overlap with several of her siblings. Secondly, her parents have kind of taken a lot of the 'usual' middle name choices already by popping out 22 of their own kids. She'd be hard pushed to find 3 different ones she loved. Mae and Louise are both very popular middle names. I'm guessing she just picked ones she liked and that she felt went with the first names without much thought for whether her parents had already used them. I mean, when you have 22 kids you don't leave the rest of your family many more names to pick from really!

You could argue that Chris went very similar to Sophie by having a Maisie to add to her Daisy. In most families, rhyming cousins would probably be a bit weird but when 2 of your siblings names already rhyme I guess it's not seen as a problem. I can't imagine they see much of each other anyway.

Imagine the difficulties the younger Radfords are going to have trying to find different names that haven't already been used by siblings on their own kids. There's every possibility Sue and Noel will end up with some grandchildren with the same name even. When your family is as big as the Radfords, it's almost inevitable that some form of duplication will occur, whether deliberate (as a tribute) or coincidental (ie they just happen to love the same name one of their siblings gave their child as a first or middle name, maybe up to 20 years previously!) It would be like normal family name duplications over the generations, even though technically they would be the same generation. The Radfords are very use to generations overlapping now. Daisy has a baby auntie 7 1/2 years younger than her. It's highly likely she'll end up having her own children before Auntie Hedie, meaning her own children will have children older than some of their mum's cousins. It's mindboggling when you think about it too much!

The thought of just how many grandchildren Sue and Noel could end up with in total is a different mindboggling matter entirely. Perhaps it's just as well they're not overly bothered about the ones they already have now, as how can you ever be close to that many extended family members? Imagine not being able to host a family gathering with your children and grandchildren at your own house because you don't all fit? They'll have to hire a hall if ever they all want to meet up together at Christmas time etc!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
My cousin has a little girl called Beau, I think it’s cute but then I never read too much into meanings of names. I like most of the names of the Radford children, I just don’t like most of the spellings😂

Reactions: 5
There’s definitely a child there that isn’t theirs from the recent Instagram stories?! He has a hoodie and jeans on - anyone know who he is??

My daughters middle name is Beau, I’m as naff as sue, hers comes from if she was a boy she would’ve been called Beau. She’s definitely the last baby so we used it anyway 😂
She’s Edie Beau so annoyingly it fits perfect with the radfords ‘tradition’ although she’s 5 now

Reactions: 4
Who we talking about? This is the one I don’t recognise lol
Not seen the original picture to see who else is where but that looks like Oscar or Max to me (probably Oscar, size wise). They seem to have had lockdown DIY haircuts.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.