Racism Discussions

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Language has been used to dehumanise words can be more than words that’s why imo nobody should tolerate or be grateful about being targeted in any way including being called names

I don’t think it helps to minimise the experience of some people because others face worse
If it doesn't apply, let it fly! I never said people couldn't discuss it. What I said was specifically directed at the posts where people effectively said their experiences were proof that they were being dealt the same cards as others.

Some of the posts I'm reading! Being called names is terrible but some people should be grateful that's as bad as it gets for them.

It's fine to discuss experiences but I'm seeing some people act as though being called names is worse than or equivalent to what other people go through.

If it doesn't apply, let it fly! I never said people couldn't discuss it. What I said was specifically directed at the posts where people effectively said their experiences were proof that they were being dealt the same cards as others
I can highlight language being used to dehumanise in response to it being suggested people should be grateful they just get called names

Yeah ngl I feel like it’s kinda problematic to suggest that just bc someone’s only experience of racism is verbal abuse, they should be ‘grateful’ for that.
Feels similar to when people shut down women who are campaigning for women’s rights in the west by basically telling them that women living in countries like Afghanistan or Iran have it way worse.
Idk, to me it seems a bit like ‘whataboutism’ in response to valid complaints raised by ethnic groups (eg the Irish) who are indeed white but have suffered hundreds of years worth of oppression under British rule, social exclusion and even a genocide at one point.
I’m not saying that it’s comparable to what POC go through today in terms of racism and I don’t think anyone else is either, but what has happened in Ireland and to Irish immigrants living in the UK is a lot more than just a few nasty names being thrown about.

Reactions: 4
Yeah ngl I feel like it’s kinda problematic to suggest that just bc someone’s only experience of racism is verbal abuse, they should be ‘grateful’ for that.
Feels similar to when people shut down women who are campaigning for women’s rights in the west by basically telling them that women living in countries like Afghanistan or Iran have it way worse.
Idk, to me it seems a bit like ‘whataboutism’ in response to valid complaints raised by ethnic groups (eg the Irish) who are indeed white but have suffered hundreds of years worth of oppression under British rule, social exclusion and even a genocide at one point.
I’m not saying that it’s comparable to what POC go through today in terms of racism and I don’t think anyone else is either, but what has happened in Ireland and to Irish immigrants living in the UK is a lot more than just a few nasty names being thrown about.
I didn't say it about Irish people, nor did I deny that white people could face race-based incidences.

I mean comments like these which in and of themselves downplay and create false equivalences between more harmful forms of discrimination.

Examples:

No, some of the poorest members of society are white. In fact, white people are the only group who are being actively and indiscreetly discriminated against by institutions, as examples in this thread show.
Just coming in here to say that I’m finding the language and accusations levelled at white people to be downright genocidal.

This is how the Nazis were talking about Jews before WWII, and no one would have thought before it that a genocide would occur. Remember that the hatred towards Jews was stoked because they were A) perceived as successful, and B) not native to Europe. All kinds of accusations were levelled at them by authorities, that they couldn’t escape from or redeem themselves from. Just like white people in North America today, (and even Europe, although we ought to be considered natives we are still called colonists).

I honestly would not be surprised if we are on the brink of a genocide.

I didn't say it about Irish people, nor did I deny that white people could face race-based incidences.

I mean comments like these which in and of themselves downplay and create false equivalences between more harmful forms of discrimination.

Examples:
Yeah I get what you’re saying and obviously those are ridiculous, but it was more your comment suggesting that people should be ‘grateful’ that the only racism they suffer is verbal after several people shared their experiences of anti-irish abuse. I disagree with that and I think it also downplays the impact that verbal racist or xenophobic abuse can have on victims.

Reactions: 3
Just thought I put these on here instead of derailing another thread…

Just thought I put these on here instead of derailing another thread…
View attachment 2330824
How are we meant to teach the next generation about the differences in race, the different racial history people have experienced if we exclude them from lessons? This sort of nonsense has been imported from America and look how that country is doing in regards to racial issues.
I swear people in power are idiots.

Reactions: 2
Racial extremism has claimed it's first victim. I am beyond angry and disgusted by these people making money under the guise of anti-racism education. Do not let this bullshit fly in the UK. A principal committed suicide in Toronto after questioning one of these mandatory struggle sessions imported from the States, set out by the school board, where he was declared a racist and no one stood up for him. A man who actually taught in the States and said that Canada was not as racist as the U.S., but apparently because we have a constitutional monarchy that can't be true according to these pieces of tit who have blood on their hands. I'm not conservative by any stretch of the imagination, but they are the only segments of the media that are speaking on this.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/principals-death-is-a-stain-on-the-conscience-of-this-nation

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Racial extremism has claimed it's first victim. I am beyond angry and disgusted by these people making money under the guise of anti-racism education. Do not let this bullshit fly in the UK. A principal committed suicide in Toronto after questioning one of these mandatory struggle sessions imported from the States, set out by the school board, where he was declared a racist and no one stood up for him. A man who actually taught in the States and said that Canada was not as racist as the U.S., but apparently because we have a constitutional monarchy that can't be true according to these pieces of tit who have blood on their hands. I'm not conservative by any stretch of the imagination, but they are the only segments of the media that are speaking on this.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/principals-death-is-a-stain-on-the-conscience-of-this-nation

Well you have people on this thread saying white people can’t face racism even though there is evidence to the contrary.
This nonsense is ridiculous and the only reason people attack white people about it is because they know there is hardly going to be any blow back. She makes the British monarchy out to be the worst thing in the world. At one stage it was disgustingly colonial but to make out that only the white royal families are the worst is just idiotic. Arab royal families, Africans royal families are all more oppressive then and now. White people took part in slavery but well are the only ones being guilt tripped over it even though every other race took part in slavery but they get not comeuppance for it. I mean Korea had the longest, unbroken chain of slave owning in the world - it lasted 1,500 years. Black people themselves in America owned slaves. People in Africa used to capture their own and sell them to white slavers. Where is the outrage over that?

Reactions: 5
The BLM movement have done more to ignite racial tensions than to heal…IMO.

Is bullying racism? Did Bilkszto get attacked because he was white or because of his views? I don't think someone should be subjected to bullying because of their views no matter what they are but he wasn't oppressed just because he was white. According to his opinion, there is less racism in Canada than in the US. Which is a bit odd to bring this opinion without the use of statistics and datas or the lived experience of being subjected to racism in those two countries. It feels a bit like mansplaining. But I think he shouldn't have been labeled "white supremacist" by the DEI trainer and it shouldn't have been used by his colleagues to bully him. The question is more about why people think that bullying someone is an acceptable behaviour? Do people feel better about themselves to pintpoint someone they think is the exemple to not follow (enhanced by the labelling)? Sadly more than 70% of Canadians have experienced harassment at work. It does seem to be a big issue and a common practice in Canada. I do hope it will be investigated.

On the question of racism in itself, the divisions around it are stronger in the US than Canada - but it doesn't prevent Canada to have his fair share of issues - notably the treatment of children from indigenous communities, forcibly separated from their parents and and this lasted until 1998.

@thegirlscout
I agree that many places around the world are not as advanced on questionning interracial relationships and the related racism or the traffic of humans. But I am not sure it's the best thing to minimise the topic by saying that the others don't care/don't want to look into it. I feel like we should be proud to have this reflective thinking on our attitudes, current and past. It doesn't undermine our own identity, it just brings more nuances and context. I think it's a healthier view on History to recognize the problems of the past and their repercussions than celebrating a fabricated narrative. I also agree that the West's reflection on its own past is used as a tool to deflect their own internal issues by some governments but it doesn't change that some events from the past have been wrong on many levels. I believe in the idea that not knowing our own history is the best way to repeat past mistakes and create more injustice. We can see in many places around the world how the belief that some people are superior to others because of their skin colour/ethnie/religion still create miserable situations.

Reactions: 1
Is bullying racism? Did Bilkszto get attacked because he was white or because of his views? I don't think someone should be subjected to bullying because of their views no matter what they are but he wasn't oppressed just because he was white. According to his opinion, there is less racism in Canada than in the US. Which is a bit odd to bring this opinion without the use of statistics and datas or the lived experience of being subjected to racism in those two countries. It feels a bit like mansplaining. But I think he shouldn't have been labeled "white supremacist" by the DEI trainer and it shouldn't have been used by his colleagues to bully him. The question is more about why people think that bullying someone is an acceptable behaviour? Do people feel better about themselves to pintpoint someone they think is the exemple to not follow (enhanced by the labelling)? Sadly more than 70% of Canadians have experienced harassment at work. It does seem to be a big issue and a common practice in Canada. I do hope it will be investigated.

On the question of racism in itself, the divisions around it are stronger in the US than Canada - but it doesn't prevent Canada to have his fair share of issues - notably the treatment of children from indigenous communities, forcibly separated from their parents and and this lasted until 1998.

@thegirlscout
I agree that many places around the world are not as advanced on questionning interracial relationships and the related racism or the traffic of humans. But I am not sure it's the best thing to minimise the topic by saying that the others don't care/don't want to look into it. I feel like we should be proud to have this reflective thinking on our attitudes, current and past. It doesn't undermine our own identity, it just brings more nuances and context. I think it's a healthier view on History to recognize the problems of the past and their repercussions than celebrating a fabricated narrative. I also agree that the West's reflection on its own past is used as a tool to deflect their own internal issues by some governments but it doesn't change that some events from the past have been wrong on many levels. I believe in the idea that not knowing our own history is the best way to repeat past mistakes and create more injustice. We can see in many places around the world how the belief that some people are superior to others because of their skin colour/ethnie/religion still create miserable situations.
Ideal worlds don’t exist!

The BLM movement have done more to ignite racial tensions than to heal…IMO.
Lol. Raising awareness to racist acts stoked tensions? It only creates tension when people refuse to listen to each other.

It's like saying feminism made men hate women more.

It only makes you tense if you refuse to acknowledge their experiences.

Lol. Raising awareness to racist acts stoked tensions? It only creates tension when people refuse to listen to each other.

It's like saying feminism made men hate women more.

It only makes you tense if you refuse to acknowledge their experiences.
Or diminish the experience of others!
Seems they think only one voice should be heard.

Or diminish the experience of others!
Seems they think only one voice should be heard.
That was never their messaging. Even if it was, it's one movement that doesn't necessarily represent all black people.

There's no sensible reason why a faction of people should cause tension among everyone.

If people want to be annoyed with BLM then fine but it shouldn't have a knock on effect on all black people or how they're viewed. Nor should it stoke tensions between ordinary people.

Then don’t have a racist movement represent you!
Reap what you sow!
It's not racist to speak up for your rights.

Unless you're aware of the existence of some global council or society of black people, just because a certain organisation exists it doesn't mean they represent, speak for or align with the views of an entire demographic.

The English Defence League exists to speak up for the rights of white English people but I'd be very, very wrong and lazy to say they represented all white English people.

It's not racist to speak up for your rights.

Unless you're aware of the existence of some global council or society of black people, just because a certain organisation exists it doesn't mean they represent, speak for or align with the views of an entire demographic.

The English Defence League exists to speak up for the rights of white English people but I'd be very, very wrong and lazy to say they represented all white English people.
Which is why they have minimal support and given minimal ( if any) air time…Oddly anyone that raises concerns about non British/ white behaviour is automatically aligned with them 😂

Last edited:
Which is why they have minimal support and given minimal ( if any) air time…Oddly anyone that raises concerns about non British/ white behaviour is automatically aligned with them 😂
Nowadays. They were everywhere in 2010s. That's why Tommy Robinson is a household name.