Rachel Gorry #8 No content but tears and ads!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seen a few comments back about her sister and the captions and I’m genuinely baffled as to why Rachel wouldn’t support it, a few smaller bloggers I follow are all doing it, you would think with Rachel growing up in a house with a Deaf person she would want to be inclusive.
with regards to her fundraiser I can’t find fault with it, it’s good prizes, it’s simple donate and press done she’s not asking you to follow 14 pages and share to your parish bulletin. But the strength thing is bullshite a lot of grieving people through themselves into charity work after a loss I think after Daniel’s death she threw herself into insta hun mode to carve out a career for herself

Reactions: 5
Thank god she had the strength on Daniel's 6 month anniversary to go to Belfast drinking Cans on a bus in a pandemic... 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
never called her an inspiration, nor do I have any respect for what she’s doing. I’m just saying she’s doing what she probably thinks is the best/easiest thing to provide for her and the kids.
I think she wants fame tbh!!! Her kids are useful to her for this goal .

she refuses to put captions up that would massively help her own sister and others. She doesn’t want to take space from showing her own face, hair background etc .

she raised €30k , fab ! I’d say it’s not quite the number she thought she would get straight away but yes robots and all the duplicate accs etc won’t be donating . She doesn’t give a hoot about front line workers we know this from the two fingers she gave to them when she sat drinking with the other ‘celebs ‘ in Belfast. On her husbands 6 month anniversary! raising this money is just for her own ego , she doesnt care about the oncology dept. She will view a big amount raised as confirmation of HER success . She’s a self absorbed narcissist . I see no good in her .

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The only reason for the fundraising is to raise her profile. She's got shite content, cheap tat clothes and copying Hinch for cleaning, and was probably advised to go this route.

Reactions: 7
Thank god she had the strength on Daniel's 6 month anniversary to go to Belfast drinking Cans on a bus in a pandemic... 🙄
Theres something not right about her followers numbers . Rosie Connolly offered a prize worth 1k and made 290k but this raffle is at 40k with prizes Worth much more 😜😜 On a ratio of the followers numbers being genuine the amount raised should be topping half a mill that’s if the followers are genuine and not bought 😉

• Heart
Theres something not right about her followers numbers . Rosie Connolly offered a prize worth 1k and made 290k but this raffle is at 40k with prizes Worth much more 😜😜 On a ratio of the followers numbers being genuine the amount raised should be topping half a mill that’s if the followers are genuine and not bought 😉
Also I think Crumlin Hospital is known by so many more people than Tullamore, not being horrible but I would contribute to a fundraiser for Crumlin or Temple Street much quicker than for a local hospital that is not local to me, again I would quicker if it was for my local hospital

To
She’s raised over 30k so far so fair play to her
To be fair the money is raised from the publics generous donations, not Rachel. But she’ll take all the glory on the day of her husbands anniversary, overtaking what should be a private family day.

To
To be fair the money is raised from the publics generous donations, not Rachel. But she’ll take all the glory on the day of her husbands anniversary, overtaking what should be a private family day.
And she knows from being on the receiving end of fundraisers just how generous the Irish public are, only a few months ago she closed her own go fund me.
Almost every family in this country have being impacted by cancer, it’s one thing that people will always donate towards.

As you said it’s terrible that his 1st anniversary is going to be all about Rachel 🙄

Reactions: 4
Also I think Crumlin Hospital is known by so many more people than Tullamore, not being horrible but I would contribute to a fundraiser for Crumlin or Temple Street much quicker than for a local hospital that is not local to me, again I would quicker if it was for my local hospital
I see what you’re saying but I still think it points to something unusual about the numbers. I would have thought that pretty much most of her genuine followers love her and feel as though they are invested in their story and as though they know Daniel ajd the kids. And most people would give €5 if they know someone. You know how it goes, the next door kid asks for sponsorship... you may not care about whether his school gets a new computer but you know the kid so you sponsor him. If she had that many genuine followers, I think they’d donate €5 cos it’s for cancer and hospitals and you don’t need to live in Tullamore to want the cancer foundation to benefit- the oesophageal cancer society is nationwide.
Plus the prizes are worth winning so why not? Obviously crumlin is an excellent cause but I still maintain if all of her followers were genuine; a high proportion would donate .
It reminds me of a certain Offaly bloggers attempt to raise funds some time ago: you could tell she was expecting the figures to go through the roof... but they limped along at a much slower pace than might be expected.

Reactions: 2
I donated separately to the oesophageal cancer fund myself , I’m not bothered about her prizes , actually I wouldn’t want a single thing from her , I can’t stand her and she’s only fundraising because she obviously read it on here and was probably advised to do it. I’m not going to feed Rachel Gorry’s ego... sorry, I meant Gurry! “Look at me , Saint Rachel” No thanks. I feel good about donating separately and nothing to do with Gurry.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We are a family of no bodys from the north west and we raised 32K shared between 2 local charity's in our county after a death in our family. I honestly dont have an issue with how long Rachel waited before fund raising, i would say thats normal, initially your grief is consuming so she & Daniel family may not of had the head space to think about it. A girl i know did a coffee morning fundrasier on the day of her mum's first anniversary as a way to celebrate the life she lived.

She’s so fake !! Speaking into the phone about bursting out crying all the time then breaking her heart laughing in the same sentence .. bizarre behaviour. She hasn’t made her bed in a week ... yea I’m sure that happened 🙄

Reactions: 6
It drives me mad and I’m the most generous person when it comes to charities but these influencers do it for their own glory, fame and want for more brands do give them free stuff. It’s not for the real reason behind it and that’s whats so false about it all!!

Reactions: 4
That's not an equal comparison. Rosie Connolly raised 290K over her entire fundraiser. Rachel has raised 45K in 2 days. Her fundraiser is not yet over. Anyway comparing the 2 kind of takes from the point! Giving to charity, doesn't matter what is raised, but somebody will be helped! And yeah, she might be doing it to get some glory, but you could potentially say that for anybody who runs a fundraiser. At the end of the day she's going to encourage people to donate and raise a lot of money to help charities than need the funding.
Anyway that's my piece said, I'm not getting into an argument with anyone and I'm certainly not Pro Rachel, starting a rave thread, or agreeing / disagreeing with anyone else! Just giving my opinion on it! 😉

I think the charity drive is good but I don’t think she’s doing it for the right reasons. Like today she’s spouting in about being so upset she can’t even make her bed then BAM an ad for be perfect. This is what boils my blood about her.

Reactions: 8
So upset can’t make my bed ... then oh lovely prints can’t wait to have them framed and hung up. Ahhh I am sure some sucker will offer to do it for her for free.. whinge, line the kids up, , marigolds, ad, beg .

Reactions: 6
Yano that bperfect primer yoke she shared.... any use? I really don’t want to buy it but I really want something like it 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.