Rachel Gorry #8 No content but tears and ads!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. She doesn't fundraise people witch and then she does and they still witch!
To be fair to this thread and many others, it's not the fact of the fundraiser I think that's annoying people, it's the time this kind of thing has took and seems to have arisen only by virtue of this thread. I do genuinely believe she reads this because who wouldn't I suppose if you were in her position - an ordinary girl who has another life online all of a sudden.. you would want to know how you are being perceived.

I don't think she's a bad person in my opinion, I just think she's making some very very selfish and questionable decisions on the back of her husband's death that will come back to haunt her and she will live to regret. She should have fundraised after his death. At the end of the day we were in a pandemic, everything was online and people were encapsulated with her story. Even if she didn't have the strength to do it surely she could have mentioned it to her family or even her husband's and they could have organised it.

Reactions: 9
I don't buy the she didn't have the strength.

She wasn't holding back on any activity because of having no strength. Some of her actions were eye brow raising for someone in the first year of grief.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m not a fan of hers and do agree she’s used her husbands death to gain a following and make money but she was also jolted into being a single parent to three children with potentially no income so she found a way to make money while also being a stay at home mum 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I’m not a fan of hers and do agree she’s used her husbands death to gain a following and make money but she was also jolted into being a single parent to three children with potentially no income so she found a way to make money while also being a stay at home mum 🤷🏼‍♀️
She was hardly jolted though. They knew he was dying for a while. A friend of mine, a mum of 4 young kids lost her husband when he was killed driving to work. She was jolted into it. She was sitting at work when she found out. Rachel's story was the opposite of this. She got to be with him for his passing. I'm sure it was peaceful for Daniel. She had months to plan for this. My friend had none of that.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
@TinaGP come on girl she had the hah and d home alone boohs on

Seriously though hope all ok Tina miss your posts
Aww thanks for thinking of me ❤ I’m ok , not brilliant,but I’m getting on with it. I had the excruciating pain back during the week which caused me to be violently sick every hour of the day , it was terrible. I’m alright now again x

She didn’t know the right time to fundraise , but she did know “the right time” to go hopping around in a black bin bag , tagging The Late Late to get on it , howling at milky coffee and a dog knocking over an electrician and go gallivanting off to Belfast on her husband’s anniversary

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
She planned the Instahun life while he was dying. It wasn't an opportunity that just landed in her lap. She planned the page and once she seen the crying stories increased numbers they increased and nothing was private. She has her kids who are grieving taking part in photos and videos for as campaigns. This isn't some poor woman just trying to make a living. This is someone who is creating content around the families grief.

This isn't an inspiration

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ah @TinaGP you're having a rough time of it. It's hard enough at the start with sweet FA sleep never mind having complications on top of it. Hope you're better soon so you can enjoy the teeny tiny baby phase. God I miss it ☺💕

• Heart
Reactions: 3
This isn't an inspiration
never called her an inspiration, nor do I have any respect for what she’s doing. I’m just saying she’s doing what she probably thinks is the best/easiest thing to provide for her and the kids.

Reactions: 1
never called her an inspiration, nor do I have any respect for what she’s doing. I’m just saying she’s doing what she probably thinks is the best/easiest thing to provide for her and the kids.
I'm sure she has justified it somehow in her mind. But that doesn't mean others have to feel flaunting your grieving Children to 1000's as normal or reasonable behaviour

Reactions: 6
Ha.. the irony, you couldn’t make it up.
She’s saying it’s disgusting that people will make a fake page off her husbands death for money!!! Eh, pot/kettle.
How dare they? Rachel is the only one who an use his death to fill her bank account

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm delighted to see her doing a fundraiser. She could have done it long before now. She puts plenty of effort into pissing around with clothes hauls and betting for votes on that glossies thing.
So shes raised 30k, I should think so too and hope some of the companies that she advertises for have put their hands deep for a donation.

Remember all shes doing is asking people to donate and share. She isn't climbing everest or abseiling off the side of Blackpool Tower. Shes speaking into her phone.....it doesn't require much effort

Reactions: 15
I'm delighted to see her doing a fundraiser. She could have done it long before now. She puts plenty of effort into pissing around with clothes hauls and betting for votes on that glossies thing.
So shes raised 30k, I should think so too and hope some of the companies that she advertises for have put their hands deep for a donation.

Remember all shes doing is asking people to donate and share. She isn't climbing everest or abseiling off the side of Blackpool Tower. Shes speaking into her phone.....it doesn't require much effort
Considering she has 200k followers I'd imagine her end result will be over 100,000 which will be fantastic for the charities.

Reactions: 4
I’m sorry but the best/easiest thing is not showing your kids that you can get an endless amount of freebies, do silly clothes hauls and certainly not exposing THEIR grief to 200k followers and we’ll not even start on Belfastgate😡. As a young widow 10 years ago I showed my kids that hard work and being strong and independent are best examples to show your kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m sorry but the best/easiest thing is not showing your kids that you can get an endless amount of freebies, do silly clothes hauls and certainly not exposing THEIR grief to 200k followers and we’ll not even start on Belfastgate😡. As a young widow 10 years ago I showed my kids that hard work and being strong and independent are best examples to show your kids.

I said what she probably thinks is easiest, I don’t have a single picture of my children online so I don’t agree with sharing them online to thousands of people, but each to their own.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.