Rachel Gorry #14 Crying in the wardrobe has had its day, tits done, you may as well pay’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@shutthefrontdoor (I’m not going to quote your post just in the interest of space cos it’s long) I still don’t get it, of course she is going to take the freebie, most people here would. I paid €5.5k for my own braces, if my orthodontist has offered me a discount I absolutely would have taken it even though I could afford to pay it myself. That is the business she is in, getting paid for exposure or paid in kind in this case. She’s happy enough to include the kids in that, absolutely wouldn’t be for me but currently there’s nothing to stop her. The child did need braces too, Kelly Fitz-whatever her surname is had a similar collab recently and that child’s teeth looked perfect (to the untrained eye anyway). It’s just marketing, it’s not depriving anyone else’s child of treatment. Don’t agree with it then vote with your feet and don’t give this clinic your business.
I don’t think most people here would take the freebie actually if they had the means to pay! I would be mortified if I was her. Influencers are just a different breed aren’t they. I’m not gonna fall out with you over it, I get what you’re saying. True, she isn’t depriving anyone else’s child of treatment but people would have more respect for the orthodontist if he fitted a child waiting YEARS for braces and posted about it. Not Rachel Gorry’s child who happens to be the child of an influencer and is in 5th class. There are kids ten years older than her waiting for theirs. People here would also have more respect for Rachel if she was more selective in what she accepted and didn’t sell her soul & her children’s privacy for free stuff..

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think the problem people have with it is that the child does not know what she is consenting to , the dental clinic has had complaints and taken down their grid post. The child is 11 years of age and again gory has put her on the Internet and exploited her so she wouldn't have to pay out the cost of braces. Once my kids went to secondary I was not allowed post them on sm and my account I'd private with mostly family and a few friends. She is doing a lot of damage to those children by exploiting them
And I wonder why she didn’t get Leah braces before herself! She looks like she’s needed them a long time ago, Rachel clearly has the money to spend on boobs, (or were they free?) Surely her child’s teeth are more important?

Reactions: 11
Omg the state of that room any wonder the QVC Queen is not going . Are they free or do they book their own.
Notice the ‘we’ so is it the mother or the tag along sister ?
Looks like a cheap motel room

• Haha
Reactions: 8
And I wonder why she didn’t get Leah braces before herself! She looks like she’s needed them a long time ago, Rachel clearly has the money to spend on boobs, (or were they free?) Surely her child’s teeth are more important?
From experience I think orthodontists like to wait until the child’s teeth/jaw have finished growing.
I was told for girls braces can be fitted from around aged 14 approx but boys later, ideally not until aged 17 (their jaw)
Who knows if the boobs were free. She said #collab but she is very vague about these things … 🙄

Reactions: 4
I find it hard to believe most people here would say no to €5k of orthodontic treatment their child needed if offered it for free, who knows I completely agree children are being exploited by these instahuns, there’s needs to be laws to protect children because these parents won’t do it. I personally absolutely never post my child to sm. But that’s a different thing to being outraged cos there’s people on waiting lists and Rachel’s child got her braces for free. If anything this collab takes this child off the HSE list, freeing up a space for someone else. At the end of the day it’s a private clinic, private business and they obviously think this collab will be worthwhile for them or they wouldn’t be doing it. How many here would have heard of that clinic if they took out an ad in a Sunday broadsheet instead?

Reactions: 4
I find it hard to believe most people here would say no to €5k of orthodontic treatment their child needed if offered it for free, who knows I completely agree children are being exploited by these instahuns, there’s needs to be laws to protect children because these parents won’t do it. I personally absolutely never post my child to sm. But that’s a different thing to being outraged cos there’s people on waiting lists and Rachel’s child got her braces for free. If anything this collab takes this child off the HSE list, freeing up a space for someone else. At the end of the day it’s a private clinic, private business and they obviously think this collab will be worthwhile for them or they wouldn’t be doing it. How many here would have heard of that clinic if they took out an ad in a Sunday broadsheet instead?
At the end of the day... people are entitled to their opinion about this...that's why we come to tattle ... to give out about the stuff we don't like about blaggers....

If you don't agree with what's been said then just don't comment... this isn't the place to defend bloggers unfortunately...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ok I’ll be clearer. IF I was Rachel Gorry, with means to pay for my own daughter’s braces, I would not take a freebie from an orthodontist if it meant splashing my 11 year old child all over my social media page for 246 thousand people to peer at.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
At the end of the day... people are entitled to their opinion about this...that's why we come to tattle ... to give out about the stuff we don't like about blaggers....

If you don't agree with what's been said then just don't comment... this isn't the place to defend bloggers unfortunately...
I’m entitled to my opinion too and am also free to comment. People can disagree with poster’s comments here without it defending bloggers (does she blog?). I’ve already said she and her like are exploiting their kids but there’s unfortunately no laws here to protect children from this yet. Hopefully they will come. I can still disagree with comments here and disagree with what Rachel is doing. Those thing are not mutually exclusive.

Ok I’ll be clearer. IF I was Rachel Gorry, with means to pay for my own daughter’s braces, I would not take a freebie from an orthodontist if it meant splashing my 11 year old child all over my social media page for 246 thousand people to peer at.
You shouldn't need to explain yourself either... we aren't here to stick up for bloggers...its where people come to voice their opinions on the stuff that wrecks our heads.

There's stuff I don't agree with on some threads... but I understand this is tattle so I just keep scrolling past what I don't like...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I live in Scotland where prescriptions are free and dental care is done on the NHS, however, we can get basic pain on the NHS (ibuprofen, paracetamol and the likes) but I still pay for mine over the counter, I prefer to leave the free stuff for the people that can't afford it. I would be the same for treatment with dental care, if I could afford to pay for my kids to have work done then I would pay, if I was in the position to fork out 5grand for treatment then I wouldn't take for free what someone else could do with because they can't afford it. Fair is fair, if he can treat one person for free who CAN AFFORD It then he can treat someone for free who CANT AFFORD IT and be a better person for doing so.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I live in Scotland where prescriptions are free and dental care is done on the NHS, however, we can get basic pain on the NHS (ibuprofen, paracetamol and the likes) but I still pay for mine over the counter, I prefer to leave the free stuff for the people that can't afford it. I would be the same for treatment with dental care, if I could afford to pay for my kids to have work done then I would pay, if I was in the position to fork out 5grand for treatment then I wouldn't take for free what someone else could do with because they can't afford it. Fair is fair, if he can treat one person for free who CAN AFFORD It then he can treat someone for free who CANT AFFORD IT and be a better person for doing so.
This was a private clinic, they were hardly going to pluck a child off the HSE list if Rachel said no. I can understand reasonable comments like the child can’t consent and might be embarrassed later etc but this kinda comment makes no sense. It’s a private orthodontist, maybe ye don’t have them in the UK.

Reactions: 1
I just hate the example she is setting those girls. She disguises what she does as “work” but actually it’s mostly exploitation of them & their privacy to make money and dare I say it, Daniel. It’s awful. 😔
This was a private clinic, they were hardly going to pluck a child off the HSE list if Rachel said no. I can understand reasonable comments like the child can’t consent and might be embarrassed later etc but this kinda comment makes no sense. It’s a private orthodontist, maybe ye don’t have them in the UK.
Can we just agree/to disagree that you don’t have the same morals as some of us …? Ok thanks.

Reactions: 9
What I basically mean is, if I had the funds to go private and pay (we do have private practices) then I would happily pay. Also goes without saying that if I was an orthodontist with a private practice then I wouldn't give some one who could afford it the work for free, they would pay like anyone else, however, I would ease the waiting list and accept a couple of people who COULDN'T afford it to do some good in the world.

• Heart
People who can afford should pay, the private clinics should do good in the world and help those that can't afford it and not those who are well off.

Reactions: 9
If .the braves were for herself fair enough just like that dope mmb with her collab during lockdown with a dentist in clane however they are.not and she is pushing her child out there and using her so she doesn't have to pay she can afford to pay. She has used her children to make money off the back of her husbands death this one is dangerous . Moans about his anniversary wasn't moaning at his 6 month anniversary sitting on an open top bus drinking cans in Belfast during a pandemic

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.