Questions for those who have been through menopause

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@ginger tea - do you have your appointment today? If so, good luck and let us know how you get on (if you feel comfortable to, of course!). ❤
Hi, my biopsy came back clear, my bloods still showing high for my ovaries she said that’s to do with the fibroids, as I’m unsure about the hysterectomy she suggested that I take medication for the bleeding every month and wants to put me on the pill plus regular scans to make sure the fibroids aren’t growing, so iv to do this till August 🥴 then take it from there, thank you for your kind words and support 🙏🏻

Hi, my biopsy came back clear, my bloods still showing high for my ovaries she said that’s to do with the fibroids, as I’m unsure about the hysterectomy she suggested that I take medication for the bleeding every month and wants to put me on the pill plus regular scans to make sure the fibroids aren’t growing, so iv to do this till August 🥴 then take it from there, thank you for your kind words and support 🙏🏻
Ah good, I’m glad it’s nothing drastic for now. Hopefully you’ll start to see a difference soon.

Reactions: 3
I've just been to pick up a new Oestrogel and my pharmacy says it can't get it any more! Has anyone else had this, and what have they given as a replacement?

Is it much the same product?
Yes, it would have to be. All it means is that the drug company who manufactured it initially has lost their patent and therefore means that other drug companies can now manufacture it at a cheaper cost, allowing pharmacies to buy it and make a profit too. I would imagine that it’s governed by strict rules and procedures. Mine came from Lloyds pharmacy if that helps

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Hi 👋 iv got a couple of questions and was wondering if one of you could answer for me.
1, I’m from Glasgow and was wondering if any of you could recommend a hormone/menopause expert/clinic
2, iv noticed over the past few months that my body odour has changed 🥴 I smell after a few hours and it only seems to come from right underarm, I shower twice a day and when I’m at work I wash myself down in the staff toilet.
thank you 😊

Hi 👋 iv got a couple of questions and was wondering if one of you could answer for me.
1, I’m from Glasgow and was wondering if any of you could recommend a hormone/menopause expert/clinic
2, iv noticed over the past few months that my body odour has changed 🥴 I smell after a few hours and it only seems to come from right underarm, I shower twice a day and when I’m at work I wash myself down in the staff toilet.
thank you 😊
The odour might be a heightened sense of smell rather than you actually smelling. I kept smelling fish, spoke to a friend and she had the same, now it's dog tit. Add it to the list for symptom tracking and see if it fits a pattern with other symptoms

Reactions: 1
I had a different odour that I became quite self conscious about. I changed my soap/ shower gel and deodorant which worked. I read it’s common in menopause

Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, I’ve not read through the whole thread, so sorry if I’ve missed things that have been answered already.

I’m in my late 30s and just realised I might be going through peri menopause. I had really bad night sweats last night, it’s happened a few times recently. The thing is, the other symptoms are hard to figure out, as I’m currently going through quite a bad period of depression, and have ADHD, so I feel really low and get brain fog all the time anyway.

Is it worth asking a GP about this? I’m worried about wasting their time, because my periods are still exactly the same as always. And I’m worried I might just be jumping on another reason for my mental health problems while I’m on a long waiting list to get help.

Hi everyone, I’ve not read through the whole thread, so sorry if I’ve missed things that have been answered already.

I’m in my late 30s and just realised I might be going through peri menopause. I had really bad night sweats last night, it’s happened a few times recently. The thing is, the other symptoms are hard to figure out, as I’m currently going through quite a bad period of depression, and have ADHD, so I feel really low and get brain fog all the time anyway.

Is it worth asking a GP about this? I’m worried about wasting their time, because my periods are still exactly the same as always. And I’m worried I might just be jumping on another reason for my mental health problems while I’m on a long waiting list to get help.
Diaries absolutely everything even a weeny bit odd, joint pain, bowels, bladder, weight (weigh everyday at the same time for a few weeks) mood, sleep, literally everything. Hopefully you'll see a pattern emerge

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Diaries absolutely everything even a weeny bit odd, joint pain, bowels, bladder, weight (weigh everyday at the same time for a few weeks) mood, sleep, literally everything. Hopefully you'll see a pattern emerge
Thank you, that’s such a good idea.

Hey! Longtime lurker but I thought I would respond and give you advice based on my experience. I started noticing a difference in my moods back in 2018. In 2019 my periods were regular to the point of lasting for weeks.
Peri does exacerbate ADHD and depression so (in my opinion) there could be a link there.
Go to the dr and ask to have your bloods checked. They might push back as they have zero resources in regards to female heath these days, but be firm and ask for a hormone check.

Good luck x

• Heart
Reactions: 2