Qatar World Cup 2022 🇶🇦

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have always liked watching Japan as it always seems like they might somehow do amazing and this WC they really have!

Reactions: 3
What an intense set of games. Can‘t believe Germany‘s out again 😭 Time to look for my English jersey

Reactions: 1
I'm delighted, before the match the Spanish commentators kept saying how impossible it would be for Japan to win. Whoops! Morocco - Spain has the potential to cause some trouble though, very politically charged match.

The last two nights have been amazing, really gripping stuff.

Germany has two pretty capable strikers in the squad and never started with any of them: They have by far the highest xG of all teams, besides the average backline (less to do with the quality of it, but more with the coach never committing to one) the issue is quite apparent.

They didnt deserve to be eliminated based on the quality they showed. They were quite clearly better than Japan in their match too and impressed against Spain and should have beaten Costa Rica by similar margins as Spain did (which would have saved them), but they deserve it for their arrogance. They thought they will walk onto the next stage despite the various possible scenarios at play.

I don't think anyone wanted a winter world cup but at least it is turning upset, after upset, after upset.

Sounds excellent Friday from teams the pundits has written off as no hopers before the tournament began.

so now that we have all the next matches:

netherlands - usa
argentina - australia
england - senegal
france - poland
japan - croatia
brazil - s.korea
morocco - spain
portugal - switzerland

,what are everyone's predictions?

i'm thinking: netherlands, argentina, england, france, croatia, brazil, morocco, portugal

Yel

Netherlands, Argentina, England, Poland, Japan, Brazil, Spain, Portugal

I'm enjoying this all alot more than I thought I would, half wanting it to continue in the winter with how exciting it's been 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This last round of matches has been amazing, so much tension from the simultaneous games.

...so of course FIFA are scrapping the 4-team group format for 2026. It's incredible how one organisation can duck things up so much.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Netherlands, Argentina, England, Poland, Japan, Brazil, Spain, Portugal

I'm enjoying this all alot more than I thought I would, half wanting it to continue in the winter with how exciting it's been 😆
Same as Yel as for predictions. I am really enjoying this tournament too, some really surprising results which I wonder if are only because it is a winter tournament and with players coming straight from competitive seasons that are more gruelling in certain countries. Vs summer tournaments where they get that break.

My husband and son are going back out for tomorrow's game. We are fortunate to be able to give our children these menories, but I am insanely jealous. Watching on TV is just not the same.

That said I'd like the USA to win, just for Tyler. 🇺🇸

Yel

Itv commentator saying the most watched TV event of the year, really? They're expecting higher than the queen's funeral for this round?

The England euros final only just beat the Queen.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Itv commentator saying the most watched TV event of the year, really? They're expecting higher than the queen's funeral for this round?

The England euros final only just beat the Queen.
That’s what I said 😂😂😂 Then they had scored two and they were like “Can we talk about France now?” “We’re on our way to the quarter finals” It’s so cocky and disrespectful to other teams. I had to put it on mute, main reason people hate England is the media and the commentators. Have to deal with another week of “it’s coming home” tit but come on France 🇫🇷 bleeping slaughter them 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
That’s what I said 😂😂😂 Then they had scored two and they were like “Can we talk about France now?” “We’re on our way to the quarter finals” It’s so cocky and disrespectful to other teams. I had to put it on mute, main reason people hate England is the media and the commentators. Have to deal with another week of “it’s coming home” tit but come on France 🇫🇷 bleeping slaughter them 😂
My dad says the same thing, he’s been yelling at the tv for the last half 🤦‍♀️. It is annoying though, reminds me of when Jermaine Jenas got ahead of himself during the euros final saying England are going to win and then they didn’t.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The ITV commentary was appalling, they made some comment about how Rashford was sure to be annoyed because he had been benched for most the game. What is the need? I'm sure Rashford gets its an incredibly strong team and not everyone can play every single game and he respects Southgate and his fellow players, its comments like that which create tension within the team (albeit it seems this is a very strong team who have a great bond).

Reactions: 4