Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Why would anyone want to visit a country where rape victims are imprisoned for "adultery"? I wouldn't give this country a penny of my money.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I think on top of Qatar being Qatar, the break in the regular season at winter is all kinds of wrong. These tournaments are summer, beer gardens with St George's flags, plastic hats, big screens, tribalism together, not dark, damp, grey November days with 1pm kick offs on work days watching alone on a wonky stream.

Reactions: 23

Yel

Chatty Member
The whole thing is baffling.

Beer tents being taken away at the last minute, paid for fans to fake an atmosphere, camera equipment being threatened to smashed up live on TV by officials, deaths of modern slaves, backwards high up officials deviating massively from the script. It goes on and on o_O

Why on earth did they want it there and to highlight the regime? And how is it still such a mess in these last few weeks with a decade to plan for it?

I'll look forward to the 10 part docu-series on it all.

A couple of big countries should have refused to take part and brought it all crashing down. It wouldn't be that difficult to host elsewhere.

Reactions: 19

Guitarwarrior

VIP Member
Honestly I’m struggling to muster any degree of excitement or enthusiasm for this World Cup. Usually I try watch as many matches as possible but this time around I don’t think I’ll be watching as much. I’m also struggling ethically to support a tournament bought by a country with a terrible human rights record.

Also unless I’ve missed it there seems to be a lack of promo on the BBC (I don’t watch itv unless it’s football so can’t speak of it) compared to the women’s euros and previous mens tournaments. Same in shops I’m not seeing the usual displays of beer/snacks etc (possibly because of Xmas displays) but it just feels weird there’s just generally no real hype almost everyone I know it’s just indifferent towards it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I fucking hate Ronaldo so am over the moon Portugal have got knocked out. He’s never going to get his hands on the World Cup now. I really hope Messi does just to piss of Piers Morgan 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Unicornishpastie

VIP Member
Corrupt ref, dirty bastard French, I thought the Argies were bad but they are worse, fuck you fuck you and fuck you, every tournament we are done over🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 15

Ensay

VIP Member
I wish some countries had had the balls to boycott it. I know it was never gonna happen, though.

Interesting that they left it so late to announce the ban on alcohol.

Reactions: 15

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Corrupt ref, dirty bastard French, I thought the Argies were bad but they are worse, fuck you fuck you and fuck you, every tournament we are done over🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
You’ve not been done over, your just not good enough. The Euros was England’s for the taking you still bottled it, at Wembley. Maybe they should have just stuck beards and moustaches on the Lionesses and sent them instead?😂 It’s always someone else’s fault when England fuck up for some reason.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Yel

Chatty Member
Well that's the first time ever the host nation have lost the opening match, and much of the crowd disappeared at half time. Did they only pay them to be there for the first half? 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Pinkii

VIP Member
SO proud of Iran!
they played so well and deserved to win, they dominated that game.

Everyone seems to be judging the team based on monday’s game, not taking into account the personal issues they are all facing eg death threats to them and their families from the government and thinking their own countrymen weren’t supporting them due to what has been goinf on, but they know people are supporting them and I think that has motivated them, also lets not forget they are one asia’s top teams. No2 i believe.

Even if they don’t go to the next round, they have done us proud for standing up for us like they did on Monday

Reactions: 13

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
the mbappe stuff is ridiculous. he had a quiet game yesterday because england had at least two men on him (and not in a good way) at all times. i’m also sick of seeing that photo of him laughing after the penalty miss - the abject horror that england feel whenever anyone doesn’t roll over for them (i hate him, but see also ronaldo’s wink) is so entitled. he knew that, in the moment, his team was probably going to the semis but is apparently not allowed to express an emotion about that.

given how much england fans celebrated germany getting knocked out i would say they have very short memories. though their continued belief that they have an epic rivalry with germany because of 1966 when germany went onto win multiple tournaments after that and genuinely do not care anymore is ridic 🤣
this is going to be my reply to salty England fans moaning for the foreseeable

58079B69-DA84-46A2-9EE9-3566408E13AB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12

LidlBakery

Robbie Williams has gone up in my opinion now, at least he is consistent and he is clear he is all about the money.

David Beckham is no surprise to me, his emails leaked years ago show he is an unpleasant dude.

I knew someone who worked for M&S when the Spice girls were starting out and she was in charge of offering them a chance to help themselves to whatever they wanted in the store. Four took one item each, Victoria organised her Mum join her and they each took a shopping trolley then filled them up to the top, no surprise to me that David married the Spice girl he did.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

NeverEnough

VIP Member
Heaven forbid you accept past mistakes and that you've educated yourself to be better.

---

Robbie Williams has defended his decision to perform during the highly controversial World Cup in Qatar, claiming it would be 'hypocritical' not to go.

His comments come after stars Dua Lipa, Rod Stewart and Shakira all confirmed they would boycott the competition's opening ceremony tomorrow.

Williams, 48, has been blasted for performing at the World Cup despite international condemnation of Qatar's human rights record including its criminalisation of homosexuality and links to Islamist extremism.

The former Take That member argued that it would be wrong not to perform because of human rights concerns, because he has already performed in countries with objectionable regimes.

He added that if he refused to play in places where human rights were abused, 'I wouldn't even be able to perform in my own kitchen'.
What on earth is going on in Robbie's kitchen 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11