PTWM #95 not a MILF, just pure filth

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If they've said for their grant that they've got a DV angle they'll have to prove that. I really hope the regional National Lottery manager who she'll be dealing with can see through what is going on. Funders talk to each other and there is a list that funders can access of people who they've funded and I think from memory it states whether they've been given continuation funding or not. If TNL didn't give continuation funding that could possibly impact getting further funds (if the reason for not giving continuation funding is visible - again, can't remember, I'm really struggling this morning).

I really hope they don't have a hun for a grant manager 😬

Also! It depends exactly what they've put on the form for how they've said they'll achieve their aims... but she can't deviate from that, she has to do what she's said or get permission to use the money in a different way. She'll have to prove she's done what she says she has with the money she's been given
Yes, she'll need to be able to prove how she has spent every penny of the grant funding to TNL. The fact the money has been provided for a pilot suggests that there might be an option to extend funding if it is successful, and so she'll need to provide robust evidence of success, to prove they have met the outcomes and targets set out in their application.

If they aren't successful in any future application for TNL funding, either because the pilit project failed or even because the application process is too competitive (there is nowhere near enough money to go round) and they look elsewhere for funds, due diligence checks will show previous grants which have been given to them and what those grants were for. If I remember correctly, she'd have to disclose that on applications as well, and again provide proof of outcomes of previous projects etc.

Reactions: 9
I think if this centre was aimed at helping DV sufferers in the midst of crisis, at that most dangerous point at trying to escape their abuser, then I would have a much bigger problem than I do with this. As it stands, it looks as though it will be mainly helping women gain material goods they can’t afford (the kids clothes etc) and being signposted to professionals for proper help.
Don’t get me wrong, I still see this as an egotistical venture for R but I also have the opinion of ‘if it can help some people in financial difficulty then that’s a good thing’ - as I have stated before, I worked somewhere similar to what this project sounds like (although it was run by professionals) and every little does help.

My concerns come from what they will do if women are in highly dangerous situations and look to them for help, that’s the dodgy ground for me, I also think she struggles with getting too ‘close’ to certain types of vulnerable women (the E type) and I worry that there are girls out there that would love to be part of her crew who will seek help just to get the connection with her.

I get most won’t hold the same opinion as me on this, the same way I don’t see eye to eye with a lot of the comments on teeth and looks, but I think, even if we hate to admit it, this centre could be something that may benefit some of families in her local community, just because there is such little help available right now.

Reactions: 27
I get the sentiment of the patchwork centre , for instance I was many years ago, a young single mum in a cold flat, working hard to make ends meet , feeling isolated as non on my friends had children so they’d kind of drifted off and although I had a job, there was never any money for treats like a latte or cake or anyone on my wave length to talk to or give me advice . Visiting something like the patchwork centre would have meant the treat of a coffee and cake I couldn’t afford along with some friendly faces and help with signposting towards services that could help us ( like if i was entitled to rent rebates or help with childcare.)
Many abused women can’t just pop out of the home for a coffee and cake as their partners control their every move and even a much needed trip to the shops has to be justified. If they turn up at home with a bag full of ‘lush clothes’ their partner is going to ask where they got them from or if their kids accidentally tell daddy that mummy has spent the day drinking coffee , again, it’s going to raise alarm bells. I’m all for women’s centres but for the women who genuinely need these services, discretion is the key .

Reactions: 23
What I don't get is IF I was a woman in need of help in Torbay, but I didn't know of PTWM on Insta, how would I know about the existance of this place to go and get help? And IF I found it, I would get some coffee and cake and a lush pair of jeans and a sweater for my kid? And I'd have to chat to some huns about how lush Rachet is? Is that it?

Reactions: 7
I think if this centre was aimed at helping DV sufferers in the midst of crisis, at that most dangerous point at trying to escape their abuser, then I would have a much bigger problem than I do with this. As it stands, it looks as though it will be mainly helping women gain material goods they can’t afford (the kids clothes etc) and being signposted to professionals for proper help.
Don’t get me wrong, I still see this as an egotistical venture for R but I also have the opinion of ‘if it can help some people in financial difficulty then that’s a good thing’ - as I have stated before, I worked somewhere similar to what this project sounds like (although it was run by professionals) and every little does help.

My concerns come from what they will do if women are in highly dangerous situations and look to them for help, that’s the dodgy ground for me, I also think she struggles with getting too ‘close’ to certain types of vulnerable women (the E type) and I worry that there are girls out there that would love to be part of her crew who will seek help just to get the connection with her.

I get most won’t hold the same opinion as me on this, the same way I don’t see eye to eye with a lot of the comments on teeth and looks, but I think, even if we hate to admit it, this centre could be something that may benefit some of families in her local community, just because there is such little help available right now.
I agree with what you have said about providing things for the community. However, she paints herself as the saviour of the broken and abused, many Tattlers have said that they have reached out to her at one time or another to ask for help and either been ignored, or received a useless reply of a purple heart or "that's tit babe". Since she first announced the plans for the centre, her followers have been saying that she's opening a refuge, and Rachaele has never once corrected them. Despite what she posts about laundry and coffee and toys for kids, people are still believing and repeating that it's a refuge. She's never actually said that herself, but she's allowing others to say it and believe it. This is where it gets dangerous. Someone who needs to escape an abusive relationship may be told by a hun friend that "oh yeah, she can help you", the person doesn't follow PTWM so trusts her mate, turns up at the Patchwork cafe and Emily can hand her a mocha and put some clothes in the washing machine, but can't actually do anything more useful. If she wants to be a community cafe/launderette or whatever, she should be calling it that and making sure she corrects anyone who calls it a refuge. She's deliberately allowing people to be misled, and while she's never said herself that it's a refuge, she should be very clear that it's a different category of place altogether.

Reactions: 31
And also it’s been said that nobody where she lives likes her so surely if they do turn up and confront her they can’t be called trolls or tattlers because they would be calling her out on her lies and how she’s broken up families etc.If this did happen it will certainly highlight the lack of safeguarding and the fact that she has been so public with all the info about the place - address, layout and opening times etc. Time will tell I suppose.
Not as many people where she lives know who she is as she'd like to think ;) I think even being hated is a bit of an ego boost to her, much like a naughty toddler.....any attention is good attention!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Pls forgive me if I have got my dates wrong but, um, wasn't she with Josh at the age of 31?? So why would she need a women's centre when she had set up happy families with him?
And there was an overlap with Edie's dad, I don't know how long she was with him but by all accounts he was an excellent partner, Ava (R's exes daughter) was close enough to invite him to her wedding and when she came on here she said that it broke her heart as well as "Sam's" (I know that's not his name but it's what R called him in her book) when R dumped him, so she was with him long enough for Ava to have built up a relationship with him. She's trying to rewrite history to make herself seem like she's had a worse life than she actually has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
There needs to be a disclaimer on the place stating that at any given moment a hun might come in for a selfie an affluent influencer in her tight circle for a catch up and that the freedom project literally anyone can do this online. The conversation will be directed back onto herself and basically if you have a drug and alcohol problem probably best go trevi cos they will only signpost and at weekends discuss the clients over bitchy piss ups 🍷🍷🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I agree with what you have said about providing things for the community. However, she paints herself as the saviour of the broken and abused, many Tattlers have said that they have reached out to her at one time or another to ask for help and either been ignored, or received a useless reply of a purple heart or "that's tit babe". Since she first announced the plans for the centre, her followers have been saying that she's opening a refuge, and Rachaele has never once corrected them. Despite what she posts about laundry and coffee and toys for kids, people are still believing and repeating that it's a refuge. She's never actually said that herself, but she's allowing others to say it and believe it. This is where it gets dangerous. Someone who needs to escape an abusive relationship may be told by a hun friend that "oh yeah, she can help you", the person doesn't follow PTWM so trusts her mate, turns up at the Patchwork cafe and Emily can hand her a mocha and put some clothes in the washing machine, but can't actually do anything more useful. If she wants to be a community cafe/launderette or whatever, she should be calling it that and making sure she corrects anyone who calls it a refuge. She's deliberately allowing people to be misled, and while she's never said herself that it's a refuge, she should be very clear that it's a different category of place altogether.
This is so true.

What happens if a woman listens to a friend about a lovely refuge by the sea that you can just turn up at. She finally packs hers and the kids bags, turns up at the patchwork piss-up to be told she can have a coffee and some cake but that's it. What does she do then? How will they help her if it goes past 5pm and she's still sat there with no where to go because she's too scared to go home? She can't go to friends or family as that's the first place her abuser will look for her. Will her and the kids be on the street? As usual she's not thinking about the consequences of her actions and only cares about what a saviour she appears to be.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
This is so true.

What happens if a woman listens to a friend about a lovely refuge by the sea that you can just turn up at. She finally packs hers and the kids bags, turns up at the patchwork piss-up to be told she can have a coffee and some came but that's it. What does she do then? How will they help her if it goes past 5pm and she's still sat there with no where to go because she's too scared to go home? She can't go to friends or family as that's the first place her abuser will look for her. Will her and the kids be on the street? As usual she's not thinking about the consequences of her actions and only cares about what a saviour she appears to be.
The messiah complex

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So shes saying no men in the Kindness Coffee shop. Do we seriously believe Josh isn't going to be in there at some point in the next few weeks?! She can't do anything without him!!! I give it a week before he's there 'helping out'. And imagine the school hols- it will be a doss house for all the kids!

Reactions: 25
Yep, I totally agree with all you have said, they are my concerns too.
I don’t really understand why she isn’t clearer in what it’s real purpose is as a centre, not refuge, where women can pick up goods they need but can’t afford, where they can stop to offload their problems over a treat of coffee and cake whilst their kids play, and also receiving some signposting to professionals are much needed lifelines in communities.

Reactions: 11
I don’t really understand why she isn’t clearer in what it’s real purpose is as a centre where women can pick up goods they need but can’t afford, where they can stop to offload their problems over a treat of coffee and cake whilst their kids play, and also receiving some signposting to professionals are much needed lifelines in communities.
This exactly! A 'safe space ' is such a woolly way to describe something so important like this.

Reactions: 8
I know everyone see’s this a worrying but a bit of perspective is key. All she has is a two room shop with a toilet, a washing machine, a fridge and a coffee maker. I have that also, it’s called my house.

Now I could throw up a sign inviting people in to have a coffee on my sofa and give them advice, then answer a load of questions from strangers on Instagram about how wonderful it all is, but I’m not going to do that because I’m not qualified to or a twit. (Also announcing something as a massive success before you’ve even started is stupid as hell.)

As far as I can see, at the moment it’s a tourist attraction for huns, that she can push donations through to clean the money and big herself up over on her page. If I blinked, I’d have missed it and I’m sure most other people will be the same.

She does piss me off, but this is barely worth a thought. I’m much more interested in how many lies she’s told, to whom and why? Because be real, who would actually access this place other huns who know it’s there and her circle. She’ll be flogging candles or some other tit in there this time next year and we will still be here taking the piss 🙋🏻‍♀️

ETA: Also by this time next year we will all be able to see how much money she’s pushing through and who is paid what etc. Which will answer a load of questions for us

Last edited:
Reactions: 26
So shes saying no men in the Kindness Coffee shop. Do we seriously believe Josh isn't going to be in there at some point in the next few weeks?! She can't do anything without him!!! I give it a week before he's there 'helping out'. And imagine the school hols- it will be a doss house for all the kids!
What is she classing as "men" anyway? The other day she was going on about how she thought Seb's mate was a "grown man", if he's a mate from school he must be about 15, if a woman turns up with a teenage son will she be turned away because she's with a "man"?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I don’t really understand why she isn’t clearer in what it’s real purpose is as a centre, not refuge, where women can pick up goods they need but can’t afford, where they can stop to offload their problems over a treat of coffee and cake whilst their kids play, and also receiving some signposting to professionals are much needed lifelines in communities.
She isn’t clear because it’s dodgy as duck. I think you’re right regarding what it could provide, but that’s not what it said on the national lottery. It was for domestic violence victims. It’s triggering me just thinking how I would have gotten there for a cuppa and friendly face (if you can say that with half or torbays wannabe influencers hanging out in there) without making my abuser suspicious.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.