PTWM #76 Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey, braces are off but her teeth are wonky

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably old fashioned but those piercings remind me of the ring through bulls noses.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
(I can’t do it. I’ve got Irish and Polish grandparents. Plus, I’m only really offended by very real cultural misappropriation, not hats, what can you do 😉)
It's okay, I'm sure there's a few lurkers reading and tutting at us as they read. Thanks for being offended for me 😘 absolute ⭐⭐

Totally agree on 1 the mirror and 2 the piercing. Call me judgy but she's got a far too pretty face for that piercing (actually like it in a location but just doesn't suit her at all)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ffs silly cow calling him naughty. He’s stood in an empty lounge with a tv for company, I don’t blame him for spitting water everywhere, it’s the only stimulation he had.
Yup, and children of his age don’t have the mental capacity to be wilfully naughty. It’s one of my serious pet hates, people labelling babies/toddlers as naughty.

He looks like a happy little boy and he has a fab giggle but there’s definitely something lacking with his parents and he’s crying out for proper attention/interaction.

Part of me can’t help wondering if this is deliberate from R as a means for ongoing content. But then I think no one is that twisted they’d intentionally stunt their child’s development for likes on instagram, and a little more money in the bank.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
It's okay, I'm sure there's a few lurkers reading and tutting at us as they read. Thanks for being offended for me 😘 absolute ⭐⭐

Totally agree on 1 the mirror and 2 the piercing. Call me judgy but she's got a far too pretty face for that piercing (actually like it in a location but just doesn't suit her at all)
Shes not really edgy enough, too main stream for it to look right imo

Reactions: 20
Even if he did do it because he's bored he isnt going to learn with her laughing at him calling him 'a naughty boy' 🙄

Reactions: 10
What's the betting that B got that piercing just coz T couldn't get anything done? 🤔

Reactions: 14
I’ve got a pet hate for nose piercings, my eldest wanted one when she was 15/16 it was a hell no from me and I told her if she still wanted it at 18 then that would be up to her because she’s legally then an adult.

She’s since turned 18 and no longer wants it.

My husband is Maltese. I remember his nan saying "we've got them here now" about gay people. We were mortified.
My father-in-law used to refer to his wheelchair-bound neighbour as “The Cripple”.He genuinely liked the guy- it was his logical way of referring to him “ You know, Terry at number 5, the cripple.” Honestly it used to make me cry with laughter, which I appreciate is probably very wrong of me. They were raised in very different times.......

Reactions: 20
Nose piercing as others have said she’s not got the right image to carry it off. I always think it looks like a giant bogey.

Reactions: 4
Personally i think they are a bit bad taste and reek of cultural appropriation! A bit like wearing a trad Chinese hat and long moustache for Chinese New Year (which should actually be known as Lunar New Year) My Mexican friends find it quite offensive
The hat really fits on your profile picture too!

Is it cultural appropriation if you wear a costume or hat associated with a country to celebrate their festival?

We wear Spanish dresses and dance to Spanish music for Spanish Carnival week and Spanish Day at work but we have to celebrate all cultures and their traditions which relate to the children.

My mum talked me out of getting a septum piercing when i was her age, and i'm glad she did. i now want the side of my nose pierced but i'm so so so glad i never got my septum done.

My father-in-law used to refer to his wheelchair-bound neighbour as “The Cripple”.He genuinely liked the guy- it was his logical way of referring to him “ You know, Terry at number 5, the cripple.” Honestly it used to make me cry with laughter, which I appreciate is probably very wrong of me. They were raised in very different times.......
My Dad still used the word ******* and the pub by where he used to live, still had a spastics collection tin on the bar 🙈 he couldn't get his head round that he couldn't use that word anymore and kept insisting he could and he wasn't being offensive "because that's what their condition is called"

• Haha
Reactions: 11
My Dad still used the word ******* and the pub by where he used to live, still had a spastics collection tin on the bar 🙈 he couldn't get his head round that he couldn't use that word anymore and kept insisting he could and he wasn't being offensive "because that's what their condition is called"
My nan says 'backwards children' 🤦🏼‍♀️ my son has additional needs, she's learning to get with the times 😂

Not keen on the nose piercing 😬 think you need to be quite edgy to pull it off. Sorry Betsy. Surely Lula is too anxious to get a belly piercing 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think facial piercings as an adult are a personal choice, but people Betsy’s age tend to get them to demonstrate that they can do what they want.

(My own opinion is that you can be don’t have to be ‘chic or unique,’ you can be ‘chic and unique.’ There are plenty of ways to stand out as a 16/17 year old without piercing your face. But that’s just me. I still haven’t really got over my eldest having tattoos and he is a grown man. I just weep for his covered beautiful skin. I’m so bloody irrational it’s unreal 😂. I actually have a couple and my Husband does, but the kids 😢 💔. I tell them ‘why ruin a already perfect piece of art.’ I’m that Mother 🙄🥴.)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’ve got a pet hate for nose piercings, my eldest wanted one when she was 15/16 it was a hell no from me and I told her if she still wanted it at 18 then that would be up to her because she’s legally then an adult.

She’s since turned 18 and no longer wants it.
I got my nose pierced when I was 13 😬 not that my daughter who is now 13 knows that 😂 she isn't even interested in having her ears pierced though so I don't think I have to worry about that!

I don't think the septum piercing suits everyone, and I don't think it suits Betsy. Her nose, her choice though 🤷

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.