PTWM #73 About to launch a bogus CIC, PTWM has ramped up the “woe-is-me”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I could be wrong but with the talk of J feeding R, I always thought that was just made up for content as part of her little girl, helpless act?
I could be wrong, but I see it as a control thing (from both sides)
She does the "little girl' thing which plays to her "abandoned by my parents" need and he does the "you will eat what I say when I say' thing as a way of exerting control over her.
Maybe I've been around too many damaged people and see alarm bells everywhere? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
She does the "little girl' thing which plays to her "abandoned by my parents" need and he does the "you will eat what I say when I say' thing as a way of exerting control over her.
Maybe I've been around too many damaged people and see alarm bells everywhere? 🤷‍♀️
I can’t believe a grown woman of nearly 40 with 6 kids in her care can’t remember to eat. Didnt see him feeding her the fish and chips yesterday 😂

Reactions: 10
All of the covert filming makes me incredibly uncomfortable. I don’t think V should have shared the video, but I think she recognises that herself, hence why she deleted it quickly. The massive difference between V’s video and R’s endless filming is the intent behind the filming and the sharing - R films and shares purely to benefit herself.
I really hope B is okay and that she hasn’t suffered because of this.
It's difficult because we weren't there and we don't know the conversation before and after - Betsy may well have consented to being filmed but without her face showing, equally she may not have done. She may have agreed to V sharing it for a short period of time, or V may have taken it upon herself as a way of showing R that she has receipts. At least it's gone now, for Betsy's sake it's better that it's not out there.

Reactions: 13
Can you make allegations to children’s services online? I didn’t think so, I thought the only real way to be anonymous is via the nspcc.
I’ve had referrals made about me three times. Last time was last year my scummy neighbour reported me for growing weed (😂 I wish I could keep a plant alive enough to grow weed) she knew I didn’t like her blatant disregard for lockdown and constantly had about 10 children in her house this time last year. Anyway none of them came to anything, but I’ve never posted my letters online? Also, if you get repeated referrals for the same things they will keep coming back. So she’s singing her children up to this. I literally moved house last year to get away from my neighbour after that. It’s simple, you just make better choices. I think more people than we realise have had referrals made for whatever reason, and it comes to nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I can’t believe a grown woman of nearly 40 with 6 kids in her care can’t remember to eat. Didnt see him feeding her the fish and chips yesterday 😂
You're absolutely right, she is totally capable of remembering to eat, but they are in a mutually controlling relationship. By her 'forgetting" to eat it makes Josh feel responsible for her, therefore won't leave her, she has the upper hand.
By doing the whole hand feeding her, she isn't in control of what or how she eats, therefore he has the upper hand.
It's totally fucked up, but so is that whole household

Reactions: 18
Plus Josh isn’t being abused 🤯. He’s happier than a pig in tit. They are such an odd couple that I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a kick out of her tantrums. Which is essentially all that was described, a ‘woman child’ having a great big tantrum. Josh absolutely loves having a cushion of money to lay his weak arse little head on 🤷‍♀️
I disagree completely. If it was Josh throwing a plate at Rachel then shouting at her to clean it up or he would leave her, it would be deemed as abusive and not downplayed as a “tantrum”. I think that’s an irresponsible perspective. If it happened, it is abuse 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 57
I disagree completely. If it was Josh throwing a plate at Rachel then shouting at her to clean it up or he would leave her, it would be deemed as abusive and not downplayed as a “tantrum”. I think that’s an irresponsible perspective. If it happened, it is abuse 🤷🏻‍♀️
It seems like it's not out of the ordinary as well. I am the same age as Ratchet and I can honestly say I have never thrown an item at a partner in anger, nor have I ever spoken to a partner in the tone of voice she sometimes uses (both in videos she's taken herself, and in at least one Betsy took).

Reactions: 15
I think we’re only just as a society beginning to understand what female on male domestic abuse looks like.

Reactions: 30
You could absolutely be right. I don’t actually see these things on Instagram/FB because I don’t follow her anymore, so I only have what’s on here to go by. I just thought it was more like ‘look I’m helpless and my amazing husband just has to look after me and look what an amazing couple we are’ spiel. BUT, maybe that’s what she’s trying to project but what you say is actually true.

Reactions: 1
I think we’re only just as a society beginning to understand what female on male domestic abuse looks like.
honestly it’s worrying to me to read on here, especially from mothers of boys too, that they don’t think that’s abusive. If a partner behaved like that to either of my children, boy or girl, at whatever age, I’d be FUMING. Society needs to stop disregarding behaviour like that as a “woman having a tantrum”. I think that’s a toxic and potentially dangerous message to spread

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I watched ‘24 Hours in Police Custody’ last night and it was a case of of female on male DA when the victim ended up dead. I’m aware it happens both ways of course but this was just so sad (and scary). The poor man was defending her, even when he was in ICU with 2 bleeds on his brain.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I think it depends on your perspective and how you look at abuse. I can’t say that what Betsy described sounded like abuse to me as I’ve see and have seen things much worse than that. What she described sounded to me like a little girl having a tit fit. If it happened in my family there would be a collective ‘Oh shut the duck up,’ and that would be that. I’ve never seen Josh give any indication that he is living in distress, quite the opposite actually. I’m unwilling to shout that’s abuse, from the story that Betsy told. It’s reaching imo.

Rachael and Josh both seem to enjoy their little ‘we’ve had a row,’ moments. Plus they absolutely love it when people have a go at them and they can do the whole ‘We are being victimised, we only have each other blah blah.’ It’s part of their set up. It’s awful for the kids obviously, but it’s deffo 50/50, no doubts about that

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
honestly it’s worrying to me to read on here, especially from mothers of boys too, that they don’t think that’s abusive. If a partner behaved like that to either of my children, boy or girl, at whatever age, I’d be FUMING. Society needs to stop disregarding behaviour like that as a “woman having a tantrum”. I think that’s a toxic and potentially dangerous message to spread
There’s definitely a pattern here. Look at her with b and t’s dad. Rachaele will never change. It’s a cycle. I think drink and ( possibly drugs) will have a big part to do with it. Rachaele is definitely the more controlling one in the partnership but it’s clearly on both sides. This is a man from the army and currently a serving police officer. It speaks volumes that she got where she was pushing her narrative of saving people who are living in DA situations and you can see they’re no different . The Huns never question it and see them as couple goals.

Reactions: 9
I watched ‘24 Hours in Police Custody’ last night and it was a case of of female on male DA when the victim ended up dead. I’m aware it happens both ways of course but this was just so sad (and scary). The poor man was defending her, even when he was in ICU with 2 bleeds on his brain.
That was so sad last night and really felt for the police as they had tried so hard to help him.

Reactions: 12
I think it depends on your perspective and how you look at abuse. I can’t say that what Betsy described sounded like abuse to me as I’ve see and have seen things much worse than that. What she described sounded to me like a little girl having a tit fit. If it happened in my family there would be a collective ‘Oh shut the duck up,’ and that would be that. I’ve never seen Josh give any indication that he is living in distress, quite the opposite actually. I’m unwilling to shout that’s abuse, from the story that Betsy told. It’s reaching imo.

Rachael and Josh both seem to enjoy their little ‘we’ve had a row,’ moments. Plus they absolutely love it when people have a go at them and they can do the whole ‘We are being victimised, we only have each other blah blah.’ It’s part of their set up. It’s awful for the kids obviously, but it’s deffo 50/50, no doubts about that
she’s not “a little girl having a tit fit” though, she’s an adult. And you talk a lot about how”it seems”, but remember we all just see a snippet and that’s probably the “best” snippet so I’m sure we can rightly assume things are worse than they “seem”.
if my child came to me and said that was happening in their marriage, or even that what they did, there would be far more of a response than simply “oh shut the duck up”.
Honestly baffled with this now

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I watched that too, it was heartbreaking. The female police officer said that she would end up killing him, and she was so excited when she heard the 999 call he'd made from ICU. Then the perpetrator only got 16 months for it!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I watched that too, it was heartbreaking. The female police officer said that she would end up killing him, and she was so excited when she heard the 999 call he'd made from ICU. Then the perpetrator only got 16 months for it!
I know. The sentences are ridiculous but that’s another discussion.
I had leaky eyes when I saw the police officer crying after he’d passed away. And then they found he’d been in touch with a refuge through that leaflet in his belongings - and that seemed to show he was wanting to start again. So utterly tragic.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.