PTWM #57 Raising the Covid infection rate, one "support bubble" at a time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen this on my newsfeed isn't that the photo that was posted this morning? 🤷‍♀️
To summarise what’s happened

School dinners are cooked in school obviously but the food used comes from I think five private companies that bid to the Government for the contracts. During the pandemic when the Government were providing school meals during the holidays (when school had no staff in,) they gave parents vouchers to get the food from Supermarkets themselves. But when on shutdown during term time, the private companies still provide the food and the school kitchen staff make hampers for families, based on a government/ contractor directive of what each family should get per child.

This morning photographs from parents getting these hampers started to appear. Marcus Rashford picked up on them and highlighted that it was inadequate. Then everyone saw it and people started to get angry. The contractors are asked to provide £30 worth of food per child for 2 weeks school meals. When the pictures started to circulate, it was obvious that the contents of the hamper costs much less than £30 (approx £5.12.) One particular contractor that has been providing these specific food for hampers is called Chartwells. Chartwells CEO is a huge Tory Party donor called Dominic Blakemore.

People obviously are now accusing Chartwells and other contractors of profiteering and the Tory Party of giving contractors to their donors (cronyism, you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours etc.) Unfortunately this is standard for the Tory Party and has been happening throughout the Pandemic. Most specifically with the Track and Trace system where they gave the 13 billion pound contract to a ‘friend’ Dido Harding and she hasn’t delivered either.

Anyway, Marcus Rashford has a meeting this afternoon with the Department of Education and Chartwells, plus he has asked for copies of the instructions given to school staff about how much food to include in the hamper and costing data from Chartwells about how much they have profited from this and the last period of lockdown. Now what will happen is the Government will tit themselves and back track, Chartwells will blame school kitchen staff and say they have been under providing 🙄. School kitchen staff will just be grateful something is being done and the end result will be that by this time next week, families will be receiving a substantially bigger hamper and kids won’t go hungry anymore.

Hope that’s more helpful than a 💔

• Heart
Reactions: 46

School dinners are cooked in school obviously but the food used comes from I think five private companies that bid to the Government for the contracts. During the pandemic when the Government were providing school meals during the holidays (when school had no staff in,) they gave parents vouchers to get the food from Supermarkets themselves. But when on shutdown during term time, the private companies still provide the food and the school kitchen staff make hampers for families, based on a government/ contractor directive of what each family should get per child.

This morning photographs from parents getting these hampers started to appear. Marcus Rashford picked up on them and highlighted that it was inadequate. Then everyone saw it and people started to get angry. The contractors are asked to provide £30 worth of food per child for 2 weeks school meals. When the pictures started to circulate, it was obvious that the contents of the hamper costs much less than £30 (approx £5.12.) One particular contractor that has been providing these specific food for hampers is called Chartwells. Chartwells CEO is a huge Tory Party donor called Dominic Blakemore.

People obviously are now accusing Chartwells and other contractors of profiteering and the Tory Party of giving contractors to their donors (cronyism, you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours etc.) Unfortunately this is standard for the Tory Party and has been happening throughout the Pandemic. Most specifically with the Track and Trace system where they gave the 13 billion pound contract to a ‘friend’ Dido Harding and she hasn’t delivered either.

Anyway, Marcus Rashford has a meeting this afternoon with the Department of Education and Chartwells, plus he has asked for copies of the instructions given to school staff about how much food to include in the hamper and costing data from Chartwells about how much they have profited from this and the last period of lockdown. Now what will happen is the Government will tit themselves and back track, Chartwells will blame school kitchen staff and say they have been under providing 🙄. School kitchen staff will just be grateful something is being done and the end result will be that by this time next week, families will be receiving a substantially bigger hamper and kids won’t go hungry anymore.

This is the trouble when private individuals take on public duties such as providing services for people in their hour of need. They need to make a profit. It’s a bit like CICs and pay pal donations. Something PTWM should know all about.

Reactions: 13
I hope Marcus’ meeting is better than the endless yet ultimately pointless “meetings” Rachel says she has 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This is the trouble when private individuals take on public duties such as providing services for people in their hour of need. They need to make a profit. It’s a bit like CICs and pay pal donations. Something PTWM should know all about.
Thats exactly why she grindes my gears.
People who will be donating to her CIC will assume all their money will go to those in need, when in reality, R and her cronies will be getting a fat pay packet yet again from peoples honest donations and people who need the donations will get sweet f.a
And the donators won't have a clue about it.
Just like the paypal

Reactions: 15

Utterly heartbreaking. Has a touch of ‘Robin Hood’ to it
Also, why instead of a 💔 did she not direct people to ‘eat that frog’ or other food banks? And for it to follow an ad she had done for Tesco 😤 another one that still has more money than sense.

Reactions: 12

Perfect explanation thank you, I don't have school age children anymore so had no idea what it was about.

Reactions: 6

So that’s why she’s quiet today, she’s the VIP at the Rashford government meeting 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Rachaels whole persona is massively Tory. She doesn’t know because she’s not political. She profiteers from using vulnerable people, does not consider the consequences of her actions and then lies to get herself out of accepting responsibility. Plus she does it quite incompetently by doing the bare minimum work also.
It really is standard Tory behaviour

Reactions: 33
She’s going to have competition from Seb soon on Instagram. He’s actually good at what he does ( we are a bmx/ scooter family) and that video of him doing that trick has been shared by some good scooter riders.
He’s also wise beyond his years. Some people were criticising the trick saying it wasn’t that good and rather than bite he just says “I know it wasn’t that good but i will redo it soon and it will better.” Even told two people to stop debating about it.

Reactions: 30
Who do we need to write to? Obviously Tesco but I don't follow her page or here regularly enough to keep up...
On the Meldrum thread they just used to bombard the brand by Instagram message or email them and write justifiable reasons as to why that influencer did not align with their brand. They made sure they had justifiable reasons. So for instance I really don’t think someone that allegedly pocketed PayPal money and spends money on non -necessities can really then follow up a Tesco post with shock disdain over kids school meal food packages. Not to mention the fact that although Tesco donate to food banks they may have been better briefing her to buy more sustainable and meal friendly items with their “advertising” money. Somehow I don’t think flowers and a tit ton of sweets is what’s important in peoples backers just now in the middle of a pandemic when so many are struggling financially and are looking for food to make low cost meals with. She’s also not following any of the lockdown rules which so many are just now and suffering for it. It doesn’t look good that Tesco are paying her to go into a supermarket to flounce about at her leisure and piss their money up against a wall on flowers and shite when so many people can’t even get a delivery slot. Sorry for the long message but she in particular winds me up and it’s been a long and emotional day. I help provide services to and counsel frontline workers and some of the stories I’ve heard today really have me struggling with this lockdown.

Reactions: 18
Regardless how talented Seb is, they should still, as parents, be making him stay home. It’s lockdown, and for a bloody good reason! About 20 kids in this video alone, most of them not distancing 🤦🏼‍♀️

View attachment 385649

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I messaged tesco this morning and told them that until PTWM accounts for the paypal donations I will no longer be a customer. And its true i wont.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
God, the list is endless..she does roughly 10-15 ads per month.
P&G defo needs to be told.
@Wotsit has a list of companies she does ads for 🤣
Regular's from the last few months are

Sheepers Slippers
Porky Penguin
The Week Junior
Hey Fresto
Iconic Make Up
Floral Street
Popsa Photo Frames
Lego
Pranomat
Tesco
Tesco Mobile
Bold/The Joy of Clean
Hasbro (Monopoly)
Amazon Kindle (still never seen E use this)
WWE Battlegrounds
EUFY cameras
Huggies Pull Ups Explorers

ETA - there has been others but these are the ones where there has been more than 1 #ad so must have a contract for them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Regular's from the last few months are

Sheepers Slippers
Porky Penguin
The Week Junior
Hey Fresto
Iconic Make Up
Floral Street
Popsa Photo Frames
Lego
Pranomat
Tesco
Tesco Mobile
Bold/The Joy of Clean
Hasbro (Monopoly)
Amazon Kindle (still never seen E use this)
WWE Battlegrounds
EUFY cameras
Huggies Pull Ups Explorers

ETA - there has been others but these are the ones where there has been more than 1 #ad so must have a contract for them.
Was the WWE one for Nintendo? As she then didn’t a giveaway (no doubt one she was paid for) for a Switch too, including that game.

Reactions: 3
Woke up to this notification on my phone...sorry only just sitting down with a cup of tea ..

View attachment 384930

I think her homeschooling moan in a way this is just another jumping on a bandwagon as so many influencers “loosing their mind” over homeschooling lately and she even tagged Mother Pukka yesterday who sadly replied 🤨 with heart emojis .. I was very close to send MP a message about Rach..!

Today she jumping on the school meals discussion providing nothing however as she always does .. 😣

Reactions: 11
Was the WWE one for Nintendo? As she then didn’t a giveaway (no doubt one she was paid for) for a Switch too, including that game.
yeah first post was xmas even and next post was boxing day - both were marked as #ad indicating she was paid for them both.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.