PTWM #57 Raising the Covid infection rate, one "support bubble" at a time

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is systemic failure all round thats so embedded in society, people have just accepted it rather than even try to change it. I too see it every day. So many young adults who have no expectations for life other than what they have grown up in. Lots where I live are groomed into drug dealing at 13/14 and they move through that circle until they inevitably end up doing a stretch. They get them bikes, clothes, tech, and even things others don’t see as treats like takeaway food, then before you can blink, they are doing drop offs and so on. Schools are crowded, underfunded, unsupported by Government, can’t access any parental support and its totally overwhelming. Often the teachers at a few schools here are borderline security guards/ counsellors/ risk experts rather than educators.

It’s not a new thing though and the blame can’t just be laid at feet of Boris Johnson as much as love calling him a twit. The last 20 years has been one failure after the other. Blair loosened, Cameron steadied then tightened, Boris is bulldozing. That’s been the cycle of political reform since 1945. Nothing ever changes, it’s just rearranged depending on which Party is in. The Conservatives are usually great administrators but lack social awareness. For instance, universal credit was badly rolled out, excessively complicated and was not designed to factor in human nature. Labour are great with people, make everything accessible, but can’t balance the finances, hence our recessions. It’s like we all just run on a hamster wheel really, passing the same scenery everyday but older and more tired.

Im obviously in favour of what Marcus is doing 100%. But, child poverty is a very complicated and long lasting problem that needs to change within the system permanently and whilst Covid is around, the Government are being the ‘yes’ party, sadly permanent change is a long way in the future. (I have to say sometimes when Rachael bangs on about how DA support needs to be thickened, I think ‘Yep, you are at the back of the line I’m afraid. Let’s start with just kids who have no food, coat and shoes, then work the way up to topics like DA.’

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well it’s a bit like Garden centres isn’t it keep them open and People will go. Skatepark’s are open (they wouldn’t actually be able to close them unless parks are locked.) You are allowed out for exercise so people will take advantage of it and I don’t think the rules here are clear tbh. My 11 year old hasn’t been to a skate park since November normally there weekly. That’s only because the police went in the park and broke up groups and I told him if he gets caught he pays the bill... that put him off.
The guidance states we can exercise maximum 1:1 at a 2m distance. Our local skate park was fenced off last lockdown, police regularly visited to turf people out because they shouldn’t have been there.

Ultimately, she will do what she wants and so will her offspring, it seems. However, instead of posting videos of Seb at the skatepark she should keep it under wraps because, again, people will be influenced and encouraged to send their teens out to skateparks and why shouldn’t they if some are doing it and being praised for doing so? Then what happens? The virus spreads amongst all these young fit teens and they take it home to their families and lockdown is pointless 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
There is systemic failure all round thats so embedded in society, people have just accepted it rather than even try to change it. I too see it every day. So many young adults who have no expectations for life other than what they have grown up in. Lots where I live are groomed into drug dealing at 13/14 and they move through that circle until they inevitably end up doing a stretch. They get them bikes, clothes, tech, and even things others don’t see as treats like takeaway food, then before you can blink, they are doing drop offs and so on. Schools are crowded, underfunded, unsupported by Government, can’t access any parental support and its totally overwhelming. Often the teachers at a few schools here are borderline security guards/ counsellors/ risk experts rather than educators.

It’s not a new thing though and the blame can’t just be laid at feet of Boris Johnson as much as love calling him a twit. The last 20 years has been one failure after the other. Blair loosened, Cameron steadied then tightened, Boris is bulldozing. That’s been the cycle of political reform since 1945. Nothing ever changes, it’s just rearranged depending on which Party is in. The Conservatives are usually great administrators but lack social awareness. For instance, universal credit was badly rolled out, excessively complicated and was not designed to factor in human nature. Labour are great with people, make everything accessible, but can’t balance the finances, hence our recessions. It’s like we all just run on a hamster wheel really, passing the same scenery everyday but older and more tired.

Im obviously in favour of what Marcus is doing 100%. But, child poverty is a very complicated and long lasting problem that needs to change within the system permanently and whilst Covid is around, the Government are being the ‘yes’ party, sadly permanent change is a long way in the future. (I have to say sometimes when Rachael bangs on about how DA support needs to be thickened, I think ‘Yep, you are at the back of the line I’m afraid. Let’s start with just kids who have no food, coat and shoes, then work the way up to topics like DA.’
That’s kinda what I was trying to say but you said it so much more eloquently than me 😂
I see kids that need a good bloody wash, starving, and I make sure they get an extra bit of food, then flag it up. Mostly they are already on a register somewhere but the helps not getting through. It’s a really hard one for me and not everyone should be dumped in the same box, that’s why I initially said circumstances need looking at.
got a mum at school, 7 kids she’s 26. Eldest is 12. All like bags of rags but she’s swanning about with the latest phone and designer clothes, eyelashes etc she has just got today £75 in vouchers.....but then there’s another family, dad made redundant mum furloughed, they were living the best life so they have the latest phones etc, kids well dressed etc they got £30 in vouchers and the first thing mum said was “thank you so much this will cover half the food shop this week”

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The guidance states we can exercise maximum 1:1 at a 2m distance. Our local skate park was fenced off last lockdown, police regularly visited to turf people out because they shouldn’t have been there.

Ultimately, she will do what she wants and so will her offspring, it seems. However, instead of posting videos of Seb at the skatepark she should keep it under wraps because, again, people will be influenced and encouraged to send their teens out to skateparks and why shouldn’t they if some are doing it and being praised for doing so? Then what happens? The virus spreads amongst all these young fit teens and they take it home to their families and lockdown is pointless 🤷🏼‍♀️
but as I said they are open and you can’t distance at a skate park unless your the only one or two there. They shouldn’t be open- especially now schools are closed. Kids home alone of course the they will end up there, it’s exercise. Many parents probably don’t even realise they are there.

Reactions: 6
Sorry I don’t mean to derail but just wanted to let you all know, I contacted mamma.massive and gave her a heads up on PTWM, only because she was asking for big accounts support and we all know how Rachel likes to jump on others bandwagon. I would hope that Rachel would stay away from anything PayPal but we know she has no boundaries.
Rachel you should follow MM example, she is proving how easy it is to account for PayPal donations.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
but as I said they are open and you can’t distance at a skate park unless your the only one or two there. They shouldn’t be open- especially now schools are closed. Kids home alone of course the they will end up there, it’s exercise. Many parents probably don’t even realise they are there.
Our skate park has a sign stating no more than 4 people at a time. It mostly gets ignored so the parish council keep threatening to lock it lol.

Reactions: 5
She’s very quiet today, do we think backlash from the recording lessons and posting them, the court documents and the whole bubble saga??
I mean let’s be honest, more people are aware of this lockdown because you can’t go for a nice walk, or sit in the garden, your stuck in staring at the same 4 walls....and she’s just flouting rules left right and center

Reactions: 12
Shes probably just got duck all to post knowing her I dont think she would care about backlash. What's that saying about any attention being better than no attention? Now its been mentioned shes being quiet no doubt joyce will pop up with his tool box 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 7
She’s very quiet today, do we think backlash from the recording lessons and posting them, the court documents and the whole bubble saga??
I mean let’s be honest, more people are aware of this lockdown because you can’t go for a nice walk, or sit in the garden, your stuck in staring at the same 4 walls....and she’s just flouting rules left right and center
She has no shame, she is never quiet for genuine reasons. Probably been hanging out with people all day and didn’t want a fine so didn’t upload videos etc

Reactions: 14
As much as I hate Rach, I do love the dysfunctional little family we all have here 🥰

*no, I’m not drunk 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
She will be on with a video sometime this week.
“Soooo guys just thought I’d come on here and tell you all what we’ve been doing. The kids teachers have made my life so difficult expecting them to do work, and I have to supervise them which is so unreasonable as I’m a FULL TIME working parent. Edie is having a meltdown and I’m just going to film it and laugh, the other kids won’t leave me alone but I’ll still find some time later to show you all my lush new purchases. Wilby is just going through the drawers in the living room as the tv is babysitting him at the moment. IDEAL.”

• Haha
Reactions: 20
That there her latest story of her and Issac. As a parent who was alienated by my sons father, and only now trying to build my relationship with my son who is now 21, that’s broke my heart, I know we are not supposed to mention The boys mum but this is horrid, Rachel is horrid and vindictive and Josh is a arse wipe for enabling her to post this. But Rachel I tell you now, I and S will want to connect with their mum as they get older, she may show you more kindness and not tell them what you and their father did and do, but Mark my words, they will connect with her, blood is blood, maternal connection is really hard to break.
Shame on you yet again.

Reactions: 30
That’s kinda what I was trying to say but you said it so much more eloquently than me 😂
I see kids that need a good bloody wash, starving, and I make sure they get an extra bit of food, then flag it up. Mostly they are already on a register somewhere but the helps not getting through. It’s a really hard one for me and not everyone should be dumped in the same box, that’s why I initially said circumstances need looking at.
got a mum at school, 7 kids she’s 26. Eldest is 12. All like bags of rags but she’s swanning about with the latest phone and designer clothes, eyelashes etc she has just got today £75 in vouchers.....but then there’s another family, dad made redundant mum furloughed, they were living the best life so they have the latest phones etc, kids well dressed etc they got £30 in vouchers and the first thing mum said was “thank you so much this will cover half the food shop this week”
Both of your two statements are equally so sad! It’s awful that kids are living this life. I am ignorant to a degree about this, I know it’s happening and that people are genuinely suffering but not Seeing it first hand so I’ve no idea how actually hard some people are having it.I will bless my lucky stars that I’ve still a job to go to now and stop moaning about it. And hug my child a little bit closer tonight

Did S tell them both to F off during that video? Nice!!

Reactions: 11
It breaks you doesn’t it? I live in a constant state of holding my tongue until the urge to say what I’m thinking passes. You are doing a fine job 💪❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.