PTWM #39 The lights are on but there’s no one one home, someone take away Rachs phone...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m following PTWM until Eddies a teenager. That girl is just like her mother. I want to see them two get their come uppance. How can anybody watch that and think it’s good parenting. ? Strange how E is very behaved at school??
Kids are flexible...they are quick to learn boundaries (they need clear ones) in different settings. Edie ain’t daft, and she knows that in school she is rewarded for good behaviour, learning etc. At Rachel’s house she’s rewarded for being a cheeky, rude, brat, and there will be another set of behaviours that are acceptable/rewarded at her Dad’s. Very sad for her that she is learning at a very tender age that she is required to be so different in all these places. I mean we all have slightly different rules and expectations for our kids in different settings, but as usual, Rachel is on another level.

Reactions: 14
That was awful to watch. The way Edie spoke to Josh who to be fair was very calm and measured, and then R just snorting, watching and encouraging the behaviour. E definitely grinned and played up more when she saw R filming. I would never have let my son speak to his stepdad like that, and my husband wouldn't have taken it, if id been filming it too he'd have been well within his rights to tell me to duck off! Can't believe Josh just sat there, why didn't he tell her to sort her daughter out if so bloody funny

Reactions: 19
Ok so I’m going to add in about my personal experience. I am talking about a previous relationship, we have not been together for over a year now but he had kids:

My ex had a couple of kids and one of them a little girl who is a little older than E. She is a complete Jekyll and Hyde and her Mums compared to her Dads. She still does this now even when she’s not a small child anymore. At one house she is a well behaved polite child with a bit of an attitude at times which is normal. At the other house she is like a monster child, screaming tantrums damaging property etc and it’s all about attention. I don’t want to sound like I am being disrespectful, I’m not, I was involved in that’s kids life for most of their life but ultimately I was not the actual parent. It’s awful to watch and all of it is around her being desperate for attention. E does this too. Sometimes children want attention even if it’s for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 10
‘Sometimes children want attention even if it’s for the wrong reasons’

Not sometimes. Children crave attention and will gain it any way they’re able to. The only way Edie gets that attention from Rachaele is to behave badly, so she continues to do it. If that behaviour was ignored she’d soon stop it, but it’s encouraged. And I’d be willing to bet when she is behaving nicely, providing no content for her mum, that’s what’s ignored.

J: “I’ve got magic lips ask mummy” 🤢🤢
Why. Just why, would you say that 🤮

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Ok so I’m going to add in about my personal experience. I am talking about a previous relationship, we have not been together for over a year now but he had kids:

My ex had a couple of kids and one of them a little girl who is a little older than E. She is a complete Jekyll and Hyde and her Mums compared to her Dads. She still does this now even when she’s not a small child anymore. At one house she is a well behaved polite child with a bit of an attitude at times which is normal. At the other house she is like a monster child, screaming tantrums damaging property etc and it’s all about attention. I don’t want to sound like I am being disrespectful, I’m not, I was involved in that’s kids life for most of their life but ultimately I was not the actual parent. It’s awful to watch and all of it is around her being desperate for attention. E does this too. Sometimes children want attention even if it’s for the wrong reasons.
Yes children demand attention in the form of either good behaviour or bad.
But with edie... she has learnt that of she behaves badly or is cheeky, its rewarded and seen as entertainment as rachel laughs at this behaviour in front of edie. That's not ok. Yes we all find our children funny sometimes when they are being cheeky..but teach them it isnt ok to behave like that, especially to another parent. Edie has no consequences for her actions...even when R threatens an iPad ban, edie knows that never happens.
Rachel needs to stop acting like her childrens mate and act like a parent with some authority.

Reactions: 12
Funny we never see the boys speaking like that even tho Josh, maybe because they’ve been brought up properly?

Edie is a beautiful little girl and from what I’ve seen on SM , she’s very intelligent but it feels she has to ‘perform’ and sadly it’s starting to come over as being obnoxious and too aware that the camera is rolling.

Reactions: 18
Yes children demand attention in the form of either good behaviour or bad.
But with edie... she has learnt that of she behaves badly or is cheeky, its rewarded and seen as entertainment as rachel laughs at this behaviour in front of edie. That's not ok. Yes we all find our children funny sometimes when they are being cheeky..but teach them it isnt ok to behave like that, especially to another parent. Edie has no consequences for her actions...even when R threatens an iPad ban, edie knows that never happens.
Rachel needs to stop acting like her childrens mate and act like a parent with some authority.
Yes I agree. I don’t think I really put my reply in the right words or elaborated enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Well Rach has taken them all to the beach in the cold and wind. All by herself. It’s ten minutes down the road but she is so brave!! A true warrior! And she managed to get them some chips without horrifically crying and vomiting
Reeks of an ad to me! 😂 Way too wholesome, and all in matching swimwear 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 13
How much storage has she got on her phone? I'm always having to back up my photos to make more space, and I probably film for 3 minutes a week if that!

Reactions: 5
That was awful to watch. The way Edie spoke to Josh who to be fair was very calm and measured, and then R just snorting, watching and encouraging the behaviour. E definitely grinned and played up more when she saw R filming. I would never have let my son speak to his stepdad like that, and my husband wouldn't have taken it, if id been filming it too he'd have been well within his rights to tell me to duck off! Can't believe Josh just sat there, why didn't he tell her to sort her daughter out if so bloody funny
I feel sorry for Josh in situations like this, because he’s actually trying to parent properly. Won’t be long before he throws the towel in and thinks what’s the point!

I would be mortified if my child spoke to anyone like that! She wasn’t even picked up on it, let alone any consequences!

Gold star for Edie ay Rach 🙄

Reactions: 12
And that report goes to show, Edie behaves well in school because she’s a bright little girl who understands rules and consequences, and judging by that report is given lots of positive reinforcement while in school so doesn’t need to misbehave to get attention.

I truly hope that little girl is given a proper chance in life and encouraged because she’s obviously very bright and could go far if allowed.

Reactions: 9
I feel sorry for Josh in situations like this, because he’s actually trying to parent properly. Won’t be long before he throws the towel in and thinks what’s the point!

I would be mortified if my child spoke to anyone like that! She wasn’t even picked up on it, let alone any consequences!

Gold star for Edie ay Rach 🙄
Na hel never do that he needs his beard,who else would put up with him “birding” so much n make people think he is straight

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Y oh y does she feel the need to post edies school report. What part of her brain read it and thought I just put this on the gram it’s great content

Reactions: 15
I thought ‘oh dear’ when J was sat at the table with his head in his hands then fast forward to the car where she was ready to film the ‘lips’ comment and he was smirking. Both fake and fame hungry.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.