PTWM #35 Black lives matter so I’ll take a break, don't ask about it cause I’m a fake

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to go to uni but I just don’t think I could cope with the work and the lectures.I really hope all my kids go but as long as they continue with some sort of education such as an apprenticeship or open university course I’d be happy
I did mine via my local college. My first 2 years were 2 days a week 9-3 and this final year was 1 day a week 9-4. Totally manageable, I have 2 kids plus I work as a TA. It worked out cheaper than going to a 'proper' uni, although its through partnership with Plymouth University and it's much nicer as much smaller classes and much more help from lecturers!

Yesterday D&C police put out a plea to the general public as a man from Brixham was missing. They were clearly concerned for his safety. She didnt so much as share it and Brixham isnt exactly massive. I appreciate someone on her insta from Birmingham sharing it isn't much help but she has plenty of locals who would have seen it. The day before a man was arrested in Exeter as they found his wife dead in her house. Clearly DA case as they said they were not looking for anyone else in connection with her death. Again, nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I’m so unfocused to do it on my own...I need people to bounce ideas off and I’d always find something in the house that needed doing.
You could look into an Open University degree?
Oh I might look into it, My eldest would be over the moon but I was always put off with the fact of 6 kids ( 5 that still need me ) work full time and house.
I did mine via my local college. My first 2 years were 2 days a week 9-3 and this final year was 1 day a week 9-4. Totally manageable, I have 2 kids plus I work as a TA. It worked out cheaper than going to a 'proper' uni, although its through partnership with Plymouth University and it's much nicer as much smaller classes and much more help from lecturers!

Reactions: 2
That mug :rolleyes: £8 for that tit. Literally a glass mug and someone has scrawled boobs that look like they've been drawn by a toddler on it. I thought the tat duck and the beheaded peacock she had were bad but that mug is something else...

I did also think perhaps some of the money you pay for it maybe went to a charity, but I can't see it does on the website. It literally looks like it's just £8 for a tit mug.

• Haha
That mug :rolleyes: £8 for that tit. Literally a glass mug and someone has scrawled boobs that look like they've been drawn by a toddler on it. I thought the tat duck and the beheaded peacock she had were bad but that mug is something else...

I did also think perhaps some of the money you pay for it maybe went to a charity, but I can't see it does on the website. It literally looks like it's just £8 for a tit mug.
I was just about to say this..looks like it's just been drawn on with a gold sharpie.
R has no friends 🤣🤣 and if you cant get through 10 eggs a day..be creative, let the kids paint some, make muffins and cakes,omelette for lunch etc.. if she did those 3 activities in one day she could easily get through 10 eggs. But shes lazy as duck so 🤷‍♀️ or take donate them to food banks or people in need or the old people home you live next to...for FREE!

Reactions: 14
I feel you! I'm not quite 30 but went back to college at 23 to do an access course. Currently finishing off my dissertation for my final year of uni before my third baby arrives in less than 10 days 🤣 its given me much better opportunities than no education!!
Well done . That’s amazing xx

Reactions: 2

It's not even an original idea 🤦🏻‍♀️🙄 paperchase and urban outfitters have been selling boob merchandise for years with all different kinds/shapes of boobs etc.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’m so unfocused to do it on my own...I need people to bounce ideas off and I’d always find something in the house that needed doing.

Oh I might look into it, My eldest would be over the moon but I was always put off with the fact of 6 kids ( 5 that still need me ) work full time and house.
If you’d rather reply to this by DM then please do, but where do you live (county)?

Why on earth would you shave a baby’s hair?! He’s not even 1!
That’s horrifying! His skin is so delicate and his skull! These pair really don’t have a clue do they?!

• Sad
  • Wow
What the hell have I just witnessed why the hell are they shaving his hair????? Rach take a step back sweetie revaluate your life coz it’s turning into a car crash.
His head will still be so soft and most likely his hair is still falling out whilst he’s sleeping etc. Carnt give the child a lumpy dinner but can shave his fresh baby hair off 😡😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I’d love to go to uni but I just don’t think I could cope with the work and the lectures.I really hope all my kids go but as long as they continue with some sort of education such as an apprenticeship or open university course I’d be happy
Have you thought about doing it part time? It would take a few years longer buts it's an excellent way to do a degree if you do have other responsibilities e.g children! Also I give lectures at a university, and the majority of us are really understanding. You could quite easily let your lecturers know I'm a mature student I have children etc etc. I gave a student an extension on her dissertation because she's stressed with her toddler for example. If you want to do it I believe you can 😊

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Why on earth would you shave a baby’s hair?! He’s not even 1!
I’m so glad I’m not the only one shocked by this. I have two girls so wasn’t sure if it was ‘normal’ to do it with boys. It just seems so unnecessary to me?! His poor little head 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 13
how old was your son when you first gave him food? One of my twins looks in amazement at food and am wondering if it's time 😭 I think Rach would just tell me to give them ice cream 🤣
At 6 months old with my first born, he was eating a mixture of homemade purées and baby jars (all organic...obvs #firstchild). I worshipped at the alter of Annabel Karmel and was frighteningly focussed on making sure he got the right balance of food.

At 6 months old with my third child, he was eating strips of chicken, steak, whole florets of broccoli, peas, pasta, pizza (😮)- baby-led weaning had come into fashion and I was simultaneously delighted/amazed to learn that in fact babies don’t need purées at all, and super pissed off that I had ‘suffered’ through the purée hard work of my first two kids! Baby led weaning ALL THE WAY. Did you know that babies have a really far forward gag reflex (no jokes ladies....you smutty fuckers..I see you)? They have it naturally so that if they tackle something their throat isn’t ready for, it kicks it right back out. Once they start eyeing up your food....that’s your signal! Give em some long slices of toast to suck on, a whole banana......there are a million You Tube videos out there these days...honestly....any Mum who is making a Roast into a purée has a screw loose. Third child loved a roast potato (whole), Yorkshire puds, peas, carrots, chicken- low salt gravy was the only change I had to make for him.

My only caveat would be to watch some You Tube vids and/or buy a book or summat.....there’s obvs still common sense to be applied [do not feed them your Saturday night Vindaloo...mainly because of the resulting nappies], oh and also be prepared for people from slightly older generations to stare and potentially judge- my Mum would watch my son in absolute horror as he happily chowed down on his roast with the rest of us 🤣 She would beg me to mash it up for him!

P.S interestingly, 10 years on, first child and last child both now have similar food tastes and appetites so I really wish I could tell every first time Mum that really you have a whole bleeping lifetime to feed your kids, and what you do in that first year is highly unlikely to affect them for the rest of their life.

P.P.S I may have photos of third son enjoying MacDonalds pancakes (#easyweaning) and I am absolutely not sorry about that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I imagine she's the type to rub his face in it all the time.
Definatley! B seemed to know all about who pays what bills in the house so that's got to have come from R. My daughter's 18 and wouldn't have a clue what either me or her dad pays out as it's none of the kids business.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Definatley! B seemed to know all about who pays what bills in the house so that's got to have come from R. My daughter's 18 and wouldn't have a clue what either me or her dad pays out as it's none of the kids business.
Yup my kids haven’t got a clue who pays what. My 17yo certainly wouldn’t ever tell my OH (her stepdad) he only pays for the shower so he needs to shut up.

Reactions: 10
As a qualified hairdresser of 20 years... you do not shave a 9 month old babys hair!! The hair is too fine, still establishing thickness and growth and yes baby hair will still be falling out naturally to make way for more mature hair and the scalp is far too sensitive! A little slight trim with scissors around the hairline is fine. I wouldnt reccomend clippers until at least aged 3!
Shes a bleeping idiot 😡

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
I'm absolutely mortified by the head shaving!!! That man with hair and nails is ridiculous leave the kids alone control freak! W doesn't even look comfortable whilst he's doing it!!

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.