PTWM #103 #thisisnotanadipaidforitwithpaypalmoney

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work with adults with autism and I fully agree it's completely the wrong terminology, People with autism, autistic people, more acceptable, just.
This is so far off topic but I have to add my bit too. I hate my kid being called an autistic. That is not all they are, they are a child with autism. Having said that, there are members of the autistic community who do prefer to be referred to in this way, but in my experience, they tend to be higher functioning, people who can advocate for themselves and do take on autism as their identity.

Aaaand back on topic, I was also in town at the same time as Racquet 🏸 was, lucky I didn't see her or I'd have been sauntering past muttering "PayPal" under my breath.... 😤

Reactions: 17
What was the point of posting those pictures of be kind? Her demographic is mostly bored middle aged women, why do they want to see a 17 year old posing with her flaps almost hanging out 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It is well known that autistics can often struggle with food and food aversion/different textures. It’s not weird just because your granddaughter doesn’t eat them 😬
I maybe didn’t express myself well. I have experience of ASD and realise you’re completely right. In this particular case though I think it’s another example of unsatisfactory parenting. Wilby never seems to be exposed to healthy eating choices. Weird was the wrong word.

Reactions: 13
I maybe didn’t express myself well. I have experience of ASD and realise you’re completely right. In this particular case though I think it’s another example of unsatisfactory parenting. Wilby never seems to be exposed to healthy eating choices. Weird was the wrong word.
Maybe they've tried off camera and he doesn't like certain things. I remember when they were weaning him they blended veg , meat etc .
Just to give my opinion please don't label ' an autistic ' my daughter has autism . She HAS it but it doesn't define her as a person she is not ' an autistic ' she is a beautiful intelligent 11 Yr old who has struggles due to her autism .

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Maybe they've tried off camera and he doesn't like certain things. I remember when they were weaning him they blended veg , meat etc .
Just to give my opinion please don't label ' an autistic ' my daughter has autism . She HAS it but it doesn't define her as a person she is not ' an autistic ' she is a beautiful intelligent 11 Yr old who has struggles due to her autism .
Fair enough. I didn’t see that. All I’ve ever seen is him sat in front of the tv eating cake etc.

Reactions: 4
It's not normal at all for a child to be constantly fed cake, crisps and whatever other junk. They still hand feed E, she seems to be incapable of using cutlery on her own, and it's not ok that they all sit down to dinner and Wilby is running wild in the background or has chocolate and a tv screen shoved in front of him. He has milk bottles during the day, it's as though they are trying to baby him as much as possible and the only communication is 'yay'🙄 Joyce is like an awkward teenager and Rachel is just a terrible mother.

Also he hasn't been diagnosed with autism as far as I'm aware so calling him autistic is not on. W seems to be coming on quite a lot since he started playgroup/nursery and hope he is allowed to keep going.

Reactions: 41
It's not normal at all for a child to be constantly fed cake, crisps and whatever other junk. They still hand feed E, she seems to be incapable of using cutlery on her own, and it's not ok that they all sit down to dinner and Wilby is running wild in the background or has chocolate and a tv screen shoved in front of him. He has milk bottles during the day, it's as though they are trying to baby him as much as possible and the only communication is 'yay'🙄 Joyce is like an awkward teenager and Rachel is just a terrible mother.

Also he hasn't been diagnosed with autism as far as I'm aware so calling him autistic is not on. W seems to be coming on quite a lot since he started playgroup/nursery and hope he is allowed to keep going.
Just to clear it up a bit. I was saying my son is autistic. In my original post, about the food, I was saying that many people who are autistic struggle with food textures/aversions etc and seen as w is in the process of being referred for being autistic we shouldn’t be labelling it weird because he eats baby food still. My term terminology is correct for me and my son, It certainly isn’t offensive to the autistic community but it clearly offends the NT mums of this thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My son is 11 and I still buy him Ella’s Kitchen fruit pouches because his diet is so limited. He isn’t autistic (as far as we know) but seems to have issues with textures and a couple of other sensory things. I wouldn’t have said W is too old for fruit pouches but as a snack rather than meal-replacement. It can be tempting to feed kids junk when they constantly refuse “proper” food as you know they will eat it, but it does make it harder for them to try new foods in my experience.

Reactions: 10
Can we park the food pouch/autism chat here👍🏼 And get back to the topic in hand.... ratchet!

I found it weird how she posted the pics of Be kind posing.... and Wiby was in background of one too! Just doing a photo shoot in the hall with Wilby roaming about 🤷🏻‍

Reactions: 56
I'm autistic, I don't have a disease, I am autistic. Please don't tell us how we Identify ourselves. Thankyou
Good morning this is the last I am going to say as I am aware its off topic, again you have the right to identify YOURSELF as you wish but even you as a person with autism don’t have the right to advocate for all people with autism. I was merely pointing out that the group of people I work with find it offensive to be referred to as AN Autistic which is very different from saying I’m autistic which puts the importance of being a person first. Apologies to you if I caused offence x

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Can we please get back to the topic of Rach?

As a mother, I'd NEVER share pics like that of my 17 year old daughter. I'd also be advising her to take them off her own socials. She really does want to be that mum that's more of a mate!

Reactions: 30
Hi, my first ever post here but I have been loitering in the background since the glory days of the Tattle rant. I have become more and more disgusted with watching how R parents her children recently.

I'm not overly interested in the rest of the stuff, Instagram is what it is and "influencers" will "influence" that's the name of the game but her parenting is just awful, those photos of B were horrible, why any mother would post those is beyond me. Beside the fact that they are overly sexual and a weird way for a mother to promote her 17yo daughter, they don't fit with her supposed brand at all, she's supposed to be a "mummy blogger" but she is all over the place, her feed, her stories and seemingly her life are all absolute chaos. And the way she parents Lula and Wilby.....the photos and videos of L at the halloween party were disturbing, can we just remind ourselves she is a 12 year old girl, I'm far from being a prude but its just not right at all and I worry for the path Lula is taking right now.

I find her interactions with Wilby so upsetting to watch. How she can be OK with sharing her child at his most vulnerable with thousands of people is beyond me, the videos of him trick or treating were the last straw and I found them so hard to watch 💔 after those and the photos of Betsy I have unfollowed her, I don't feel comfortable contributing to her following in any way

I feel I should add that I do know R IRL, she is more of an acquaintance than a friend but we do have a connection and given the opportunity I would say this all to her face so I'm not sure why others don't! She is hard faced and surrounds herself with mean girls but she isn't someone to be scared of! 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have met Betsy several times and she always seemed a lovely, kind, polite girl, this was a few years back though and either her mums portrayal of her is well off or she definitely seems to have changed hugely and not for the better

Oh and the photos of R and her brother in law at the Halloween party vs any photo of her and her alcoholic husband.......her whole body language and demeanour were so different............very interesting!! 🤔

Reactions: 60
I do worry for the kids, all of them. Betsy should not be posing like that to gazillions of strangers on the Internet. Lula seems a little lost. Seb and Isaac, well they must be all over the shop and we have heard of S's misbehaving at school. And Wilby, he jost doesn't seem to be getting any kind of stimulation to develop

• Sad
Reactions: 16
My son is 11 and I still buy him Ella’s Kitchen fruit pouches because his diet is so limited. He isn’t autistic (as far as we know) but seems to have issues with textures and a couple of other sensory things. I wouldn’t have said W is too old for fruit pouches but as a snack rather than meal-replacement. It can be tempting to feed kids junk when they constantly refuse “proper” food as you know they will eat it, but it does make it harder for them to try new foods in my experience.
My daughter is 8 and has a very strange relationship with food. I stopped buying her fruit pouches last year as I told her it was madness that she wouldn’t eat fruit. She still won’t and I’m wondering about going back to them to improve her diet.
Wilby is gorgeous, his ‘wow’ was the sweetest thing. I don’t have an issue with his fruit pouches, I do have an issue with all the sugar and the phone constantly in his face.

Reactions: 15
When did it become fashionable for influencers to pretend to hate their kids? It winds me up so much. You have people out there who would give anything to have kids or people who work their arses off to provide for their kids and barely see them, then you have influencers like Rachel who make out spending time with their kids is the worst thing in the world and have such a FML attitude towards them. It makes me so angry.

Wilby is such a cutie and she's too busy moaning about how much of a pain he is to enjoy him. It's just annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hi, my first ever post here but I have been loitering in the background since the glory days of the Tattle rant. I have become more and more disgusted with watching how R parents her children recently.

I'm not overly interested in the rest of the stuff, Instagram is what it is and "influencers" will "influence" that's the name of the game but her parenting is just awful, those photos of B were horrible, why any mother would post those is beyond me. Beside the fact that they are overly sexual and a weird way for a mother to promote her 17yo daughter, they don't fit with her supposed brand at all, she's supposed to be a "mummy blogger" but she is all over the place, her feed, her stories and seemingly her life are all absolute chaos. And the way she parents Lula and Wilby.....the photos and videos of L at the halloween party were disturbing, can we just remind ourselves she is a 12 year old girl, I'm far from being a prude but its just not right at all and I worry for the path Lula is taking right now.

I find her interactions with Wilby so upsetting to watch. How she can be OK with sharing her child at his most vulnerable with thousands of people is beyond me, the videos of him trick or treating were the last straw and I found them so hard to watch 💔 after those and the photos of Betsy I have unfollowed her, I don't feel comfortable contributing to her following in any way

I feel I should add that I do know R IRL, she is more of an acquaintance than a friend but we do have a connection and given the opportunity I would say this all to her face so I'm not sure why others don't! She is hard faced and surrounds herself with mean girls but she isn't someone to be scared of! 🤷🏼‍♀️ I have met Betsy several times and she always seemed a lovely, kind, polite girl, this was a few years back though and either her mums portrayal of her is well off or she definitely seems to have changed hugely and not for the better

Oh and the photos of R and her brother in law at the Halloween party vs any photo of her and her alcoholic husband.......her whole body language and demeanour were so different............very interesting!! 🤔
I ask myself a lot why the people around this family don’t see the same things that we often talk about. The chaos, the lack of consistent parenting, the problems in their marriage and the disregard for any safety & privacy. I often wonder how Josh & Rach are not back in court every other week with the absent parents of the children. I sometimes wonder if what we see is biased because this is a thread about the nature of influencing and how rotten it can be.

However, I do think there are huge problems besides the influencing and I’ve come to the conclusion that no one cares enough about these kids to step in. The people involved, are a big group of money grabbing terrors frankly. I don’t know them obviously, but I would also have no issues with saying this straight to them either, if the situation arose.

Reactions: 28
Engagement on the Betsy post is shocking so I’m sure a lot more people feel the same as us.

Reactions: 11
It's been said before and I'll say it again (because I do think the whole "instafamous" thing plays to this) If they were a family living on a council estate with a kid sleeping in the shed etc etc etc they'd be dealing with Social Service all the time, but because they portray this financially affluent lifestyle, live in a big house etc etc they fly under the radar.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
For me, it’s not that she gives him the pouches, bottles, whatever. It’s the way he’s never included in family meals, he is handed sugar filled snack to stop him having tantrums and instead of love she films him for content with crisps and other junk. All you want is for your child to be happy, whoever they are and whatever condition they live with but they still need to be parented!

Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.