Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found the Prison: First & Last 24 Hours documentary series really interesting too 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Just found this on YouTube as I couldn't find it elsewhere. First episode in and felt so sorry for Paddy, he's institutionalised.

I needed subtitles though! Those accents are really strong.

Reactions: 2
I follow Jessica Kent and Tina Tsaconas.

Jessica had a couple of prison stints and her last one when she entered prison she was about 3 weeks pregnant so she talks about health care and giving birth in the prison system and removal of her child and the fight to get the child back. She is from New York, that was where she did her first stint but the last one was in Arkansas. She has remained out of prison for 10 years now.

Tina Tsaconas is from Atlanta, Georgia, in recovery and talks about her time in prison. things that she did while in active addiction, going to meetings, getting a job while in a halfway house and recovery in general.
I've watched a little bit of Jessica Kent, her and Christina Randall have done videos together as well.
---
I feel so sorry for bedwatchers when they come into the hospital. I mean, it must be so boring!

Reactions: 3
Love this thread and the prison wives one! I’d be scared shitless to be in a prison but I have been in plenty of pyschatric wards so it’s a little the same I suppose? Not sure if people will agree! I read a autobiography recently called the governor it was brilliant!

Reactions: 4
I couldn’t cope in prison either as an inmate! Honestly I would absolutely hate it.
Yeah Time it was called, although I can’t comment on it as I only watched the first episode 🤦🏽‍♀️ I prefer watching prison documentaries in the UK rather than dramas based on prisons but that’s just my preference
Some of the ones on YouTube are quite insightful as to what a day in the life is like. Inside prison behind bars & also uks prison violence exposed (but I haven’t watched the whole thing so don’t quote me hahahah)
Mr YR is an officer in a Cat 3 prison in the North. His love/hate thing is watching prison based dramas and then critiquing everything 🙄😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I feel so sorry for bedwatchers when they come into the hospital. I mean, it must be so boring!
a family member is a hospital cleaner and they’ve worked around some prisoners given the proximity of the nearest jail. They say most of the time the guards are really bored and play on their phones.

However they did have to clean around a notorious murderer who had 4 bed watchers on hand and luckily the guards took no tit with the patient.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My husband loves bed watches because it’s easy overtime (unless the prisoner dies which is then a lot of paperwork. He’s also an FLO -family liaison officer - so has to break the news to the next of kin, deal with coroners and arrange and attend funerals)

He said it just depends who you’re on a bed watch with. Not the prisoner but the other member of staff.
---
Mr YR is an officer in a Cat 3 prison in the North. His love/hate thing is watching prison based dramas and then critiquing everything 🙄😂
Cat C, not 3. Jeez.

My husband loves bed watches because it’s easy overtime (unless the prisoner dies which is then a lot of paperwork. He’s also an FLO -family liaison officer - so has to break the news to the next of kin, deal with coroners and arrange and attend funerals)

He said it just depends who you’re on a bed watch with. Not the prisoner but the other member of staff.
---

Cat C, not 3. Jeez.
I was watching a couple of bedwatchers when I was at work a few months ago. What are they actually allowed to talk about in front of the prisoners?

I watched the documentary last night about Stephen Bear and Georgia Harrison. It reminded me of when I was in prison and one of the women on the wing was unfortunate enough to have a two part 48 Hours in Custody being shown on Channel 4 that was about her arrest and conviction. Every single person in the prison watched it I think. Then everyone watched part 2 the following week. I hope everyone in Bear’s prison watched last nights programme so they could see what a vile piece of crap he is.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I was watching a couple of bedwatchers when I was at work a few months ago. What are they actually allowed to talk about in front of the prisoners?
Anything as long as it’s not confidential topics. He usually talks about football or what he’s watched on TV.

So I’ve just found out an old friend is in prison, is there anyway to find out what prison they are in and to contact them ? How does it work?

Reactions: 1
Few questions please!

So obviously you can't work whilst you're in prison, do you get benefits?

Can you take your own make up/face wash/shampoo?

You can use the Internet I take it..?

Reactions: 1
Few questions please!

So obviously you can't work whilst you're in prison, do you get benefits?

Can you take your own make up/face wash/shampoo?

You can use the Internet I take it..?
You can’t take anything into prison you have to buy all toiletries in there, you have to buy shoes and clothes there aswell, family can order them things which is really easy to do I know you can order from WHSmith for them to deliver but you can’t order from Amazon.

you don’t receive benefits as you don’t need them while in there, family send in money for them to buy things But I’m not sure how people without any family buy things?

Reactions: 4
You can’t take anything into prison you have to buy all toiletries in there, you have to buy shoes and clothes there aswell, family can order them things which is really easy to do I know you can order from WHSmith for them to deliver but you can’t order from Amazon.

you don’t receive benefits as you don’t need them while in there, family send in money for them to buy things But I’m not sure how people without any family buy things?
Umm...can you get money from your own bank account? Thanks for answering :)

Reactions: 2
Umm...can you get money from your own bank account? Thanks for answering :)
I don’t know, someone close to me is in prison and if it wasn’t for there family they would have nothing in there and their family can’t get into their bank etc as they need to speak to them, it seems like when they get out will have a lot to deal with as in debt, unpaid bills etc

• Wow
Reactions: 5