Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys, didn’t know what to name it so it’s a very generic name 😂
I’ve started this thread as a couple of people have said they’d be interested in a prison thread from the downfall of yakult aka Stephen Bear so here we go 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Ahhh thanks @eggfriedrice you're a star! Good to know not all prisons have sky sports (from your reply on the Stephen Bear thread). That would be a proper piss take!

Reactions: 5
They can get a lot of channels especially if they’ve got a free view box which they can buy from their spends, but tbh even then if they have a tit aerial (which are like gold dust in my prison!) then it’s pretty useless lol

Reactions: 8
I’ve done a few bedwatches for women’s prison & oh my god I couldn’t imagine working in one 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
👋
If anyone has any questions about US prisons I can try and answer them, I have someone close to me incarcerated there.

Reactions: 16
Not sure what this thread is about but I have some experience of visiting jails in Canada if that's of interest to anyone.
---
US prisons seem tit scary! I used to watch 60 Days In and I would HATE to be in prison.
I agree with you - they are horrendous. Especially when you see the statistics. I believe the US has the highest number of incarcerated citizens in the world.

A lot of people would say that's how prisons should be, but they forget that the inmates will be out one day, living in their communities. Instead of treating them like animals we should surely be preparing them to be good citizens - as far as that's possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’d be interested in what it’s like in prisons not in the UK as that’s my only experience with prisons!
(Except for seeing prisoners in the US pop up on my FYP now and again 😂)

Reactions: 4
Hi guys, didn’t know what to name it so it’s a very generic name 😂
I’ve started this thread as a couple of people have said they’d be interested in a prison thread from the downfall of yakult aka Stephen Bear so here we go 🥰
Thanks for starting this thread, love all your insights 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’d be interested in what it’s like in prisons not in the UK as that’s my only experience with prisons!
(Except for seeing prisoners in the US pop up on my FYP now and again 😂)
Japanese prisons look like they'd be "interesting". From the outside of course!

Reactions: 1
This is really interesting thanks for starting. I’ve never been to prison but my friend has. An ex boyfriend at uni worked in the prison service. It’s quite strange to think about both sides of the coin. Will look forward to reading

Reactions: 3
I’m not really sure what people would be interested in but any questions I’m happy to answer the best I can 🥰
Background; I’ve worked in the prison service for 6 years now. Worked in YOI estate (15-18) and I’m currently at a Cat C training prison in the midlands (18-25) although we do have prisoners that are over 25 and also some cat B, potential cat A prisoners too

• Heart
Reactions: 19
So on the SB thread there has been lots of comments in the lead up to his incarceration about the hopes of what would happen to him in prison etc. I can’t wish those sorts of things on anyone because sexual assault is sexual assault at the end of the day. But…..how true to life is it that this goes on in prison?

Reactions: 13
US prisons seem tit scary! I used to watch 60 Days In and I would HATE to be in prison.
I used to watch that as well...the last one I saw I'm sure that one of the ones undercover got rumbled and it all got very dangerous very quickly. Don't know much about US prisons, ive seen a lot of documentaries on South American prisons, and WOW. Just wow

I used to watch that as well...the last one I saw I'm sure that one of the ones undercover got rumbled and it all got very dangerous very quickly. Don't know much about US prisons, ive seen a lot of documentaries on South American prisons, and WOW. Just wow
Ohhh I remember it all getting a very risky but don’t think I ever finished it. I’ve just seems it’s on ITVX so might do a rewatch 🙈

Reactions: 2
I’m not really sure what people would be interested in but any questions I’m happy to answer the best I can 🥰
Background; I’ve worked in the prison service for 6 years now. Worked in YOI estate (15-18) and I’m currently at a Cat C training prison in the midlands (18-25) although we do have prisoners that are over 25 and also some cat B, potential cat A prisoners too
Hey.. I applied to the prison officer relocation scheme . I passed the online tests and have the assessment centre . What I’m wondering though is that I use to visit my ex partner in jail for years .. he’s now on a recall to prison ( but on the run ) would I still be able to work in a prison .. I don’t want to waste my time doing the assessment centre if not . Thanks for any help .

• Haha