Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex got 33 years in prison he managed to make around 30K in jail before he was stopped due to bent screws he was in the papers and all sorts. He’s in an a cat and will be around 50ish when he’s due for release. He’s done around 11 already. Hes fully gone mad now and is unwell but still has 22 to go.
Ohhh tit 😳 How did he make that kinda money? Do you mind me asking what he did to get 33 years?

Reactions: 3
Ohhh tit 😳 How did he make that kinda money? Do you mind me asking what he did to get 33 years?
Murder. And selling drugs. He met a screw who liked him and within weeks she was bringing in drugs and phones for him. It only came out because he’s cell got spun and they found the phone and her number was in it. Don’t know what she got but this was in London a few years back.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
That’s heartbreaking bamboo. I hadn’t even considered being innocent of a serious crime I was only thinking fraud or something like that. To be in prison for murder when you didn’t do it is nightmarish.
---
Ambrosie why do they limit fizzy drinks?
The reason for limiting the amount of choc, fizzy drinks etc was because of how much they can store.
@Ambrosie that’s really interesting thank you! How long were you in for if you don’t mind me asking?
I was in for 10 months. Absolute poop hole.

Reactions: 6
Reading this thread with interest.

Way back when my job involved going to visit prisoners in prison. Professional visitors had different visiting times to friends and family but occasionally they used to overlap and I used to find it really sad seeing the family of the inmates queue up to visit.

All the prisoners I met were lovely.

@Ambrosie Did you find it hard adjusting back to normal life when you got out?

Reactions: 2
My ex got 33 years in prison he managed to make around 30K in jail before he was stopped due to bent screws he was in the papers and all sorts.
this seems to be fairly common! A female officer got sentenced earlier this year for a similar situation up here 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Reactions: 1
Reading this thread with interest.

Way back when my job involved going to visit prisoners in prison. Professional visitors had different visiting times to friends and family but occasionally they used to overlap and I used to find it really sad seeing the family of the inmates queue up to visit.

All the prisoners I met were lovely.

@Ambrosie Did you find it hard adjusting back to normal life when you got out?
No, it wasn’t too bad readjusting. I went straight to McD’s for breakfast! couldn’t have any visitors when I was away though, because of COVID.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Mr YR used to be a POM but has just changed departments. He said that regarding the mortgage question, there is a resettlement team who can speak to lenders, mortgage companies, councils and Housing Authorities to request that payments are paused. Some agree (apparently Halifax are quite good at this) but some don’t and in that case, the team can support the prisoner in selling or liaising with families (if there are any) to support them.

Reactions: 4

I’m in shock, I knew this guy. He was a really nice guy growing up but it was a Case of getting caught up with the wrong people, I wonder what’s happened. Are they likely to release a cause of death?😢

• Sad
Reactions: 5

I’m in shock, I knew this guy. He was a really nice guy growing up but it was a Case of getting caught up with the wrong people, I wonder what’s happened. Are they likely to release a cause of death?😢
Reports are always public domain. But it can take 2 years for them to finish them. It takes time

It might take a good couple of years but you can find the FAI on the Scottish courts website x

Not kept up with this thread but just heard through the grape vine that someone who was jailed for killing their baby is now out on day release less than 5 years after they were sentenced! Where is the justice?!

(Sorry if it's the wrong thread Im just so upset if it's true!)

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
😆 I’m from the prison locality. Just goes to show the quality of the local men, that the ladies are turning to prisoners for romance 🤣
It has been said how easy it is to be recruited into our prison and that interviews are via zoom. They aren’t testing the personalities of staff at all and it’s a constant recruitment drive here since the day they opened.
---
I can’t quite believe how stupid one of the jailed officers was to take this picture 😂

View attachment 2078321
Looks like Patsy Kensit to me!

Reactions: 6