Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know, someone close to me is in prison and if it wasn’t for there family they would have nothing in there and their family can’t get into their bank etc as they need to speak to them, it seems like when they get out will have a lot to deal with as in debt, unpaid bills etc
How on earth would you manage in there?? I guess you could make a phone call to your bank to transfer money? Or is there a hardship fund? 😯

Reactions: 2
@eggfriedrice Hope you are ok and haven’t been made too anxious about posting on here xx
Thank you my lovely! I’m okay, I do feel quite anxious posting on here plus I’ve been working quite a lot too so briefly catch up when I can. Have reported my older posts but nothings been removed yet but now I’m just overthinking everything I post on here as I value my job soooo much & don’t want to be in a position where I could lose it
Hope you’re okay too though 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25
We've missed you @eggfriedrice especially over on the SB thread.

Can you not edit your previous posts on this thread? X
omg I’ve only just realised a new SB thread and I’ve got 30 pages to catch up on the old one 🤦🏽‍♀️😂 I’m a rest day tomorrow so I’ll have a catch up and read/comment!
No they’ve been posted too long so I can only report them..
I’ll also catch up on this thread/other threads tomorrow when I’m off work & just answer generic questions

Bank question - you wouldn’t be able to call your bank as the number wouldn’t be on your approved numbers. Unsure if their POM/Offender manager/legal team could contact their bank on behalf of them?

Reactions: 3
Thank you my lovely! I’m okay, I do feel quite anxious posting on here plus I’ve been working quite a lot too so briefly catch up when I can. Have reported my older posts but nothings been removed yet but now I’m just overthinking everything I post on here as I value my job soooo much & don’t want to be in a position where I could lose it
Hope you’re okay too though 🥰
I thought you might. I’m sure just general posts are fine and can’t give anything away. I’ll report your previous posts and maybe others can as well? X

• Heart
Reactions: 6
What kind of percentage of people in prison are innocent? Have you ever come across a prisoner who said they were innocent and you thought yeah I think they are.

Reactions: 5
Slightly different to a mortgage but if you rent and receive the housing element via universal credit they will keep paying this for 6 months if you will be released in that time.
All benefits stop but are instantly reinstated when you are released and visited the job centre
I deal with a lot of this with work

Reactions: 5
What kind of percentage of people in prison are innocent? Have you ever come across a prisoner who said they were innocent and you thought yeah I think they are.
Yes. I know someone who had a penpal on death row who always claimed his innocence. I think around 20 years later it all came to light that their evidence wasn’t valid and dna didn’t match his so he got released. Unfortunately he had missed seeing his parents alive and missed his 2 sons growing up. Pretty infuriating that a person lost so much of their life and didn’t ever get a proper apology for it.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
How on earth would you manage in there?? I guess you could make a phone call to your bank to transfer money? Or is there a hardship fund? 😯
You can’t speak to your bank or your own GP or anything like that in prison. If you try and add it to your list of numbers you can call it is denied. As I discovered! When I was there I had left my phone with my dad so he was able to send me money inside from my banking app.
I do wonder what happens to peoples pets if they go to prison 🤔 😕
My animals was my biggest worry. Luckily my parents adore my pets so took them in while I was away. All the peo0e I knew we’re expecting to be incarc so had made provisions for their animals.
What would happen if you had a mortgage by yourself but then had to go to prison?
it took three years for my case to go to court (no idea why it took that long) so in my case I was able to put money aside for my mortgage for while I was inside. People who had council property were having theirs paid by their local authority. You are exempt from council tax while detained.
---
You v
Few questions please!

So obviously you can't work whilst you're in prison, do you get benefits?

Can you take your own make up/face wash/shampoo?

You can use the Internet I take it..?
you get a job while you are there. The money is very very little but you can buy toiletries and other things. You are limited on how much you can buy. In my prison you could only buy 3 fizzy drinks a week which was a nightmare for me. But it’s not supposed to be fun. You could buy make up from prison, which had been purchased from Primark. You could also spend up to £20 with Avon. You filled a form out after seeing the catalogue. Took WEEEEEKS to get it though.
no internet whatsoever. If you were sent an email, it was printed out. If you replied you wrote it by hand then someone sent it for you. As I was leaving in Sept 21 it was changing to being able to read emails on the “kiosk” so maybe they can access emails now.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I noticed someone asked about how do you find out if someone is in prison. I think a friend of mine is in prison. Is there any way I can find out where she is?

I noticed someone asked about how do you find out if someone is in prison. I think a friend of mine is in prison. Is there any way I can find out where she is?
You can send an email to [email protected]
if you Google it, it will tell you what info to provide. I had a couple of people contact me this way. I was given a form with their info on and asked if I would allow for them to get my info. i refused one and accepted the other.

Reactions: 3
You can send an email to [email protected]
if you Google it, it will tell you what info to provide. I had a couple of people contact me this way. I was given a form with their info on and asked if I would allow for them to get my info. i refused one and accepted the other.
That’s great, thank you very much. I’ll give it a go.

That’s heartbreaking bamboo. I hadn’t even considered being innocent of a serious crime I was only thinking fraud or something like that. To be in prison for murder when you didn’t do it is nightmarish.
---
Ambrosie why do they limit fizzy drinks?

Reactions: 1
My ex got 33 years in prison he managed to make around 30K in jail before he was stopped due to bent screws he was in the papers and all sorts. He’s in an a cat and will be around 50ish when he’s due for release. He’s done around 11 already. Hes fully gone mad now and is unwell but still has 22 to go.

• Wow
Reactions: 16