Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing to add other than I was obsessed with this thread and sad it has gone quiet 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Nothing to add other than I was obsessed with this thread and sad it has gone quiet 🤣
Me too, very sad .
---
Also, does anyone know roughly how long it takes to locate a prisoner once you’ve filled in the forms ?

Me too, very sad .
---
Also, does anyone know roughly how long it takes to locate a prisoner once you’ve filled in the forms ?
When my friends sent the forms trying to find me, it was only a week or so when I was given them as I remember I was on the induction wing that you only spend your first two weeks on.

When my friends sent the forms trying to find me, it was only a week or so when I was given them as I remember I was on the induction wing that you only spend your first two weeks on.
Thanks. I’ve been waiting three weeks. Not sure if that’s the norm these days. They have been in prison for a couple of years so unsure if that makes a difference ?

I couldn’t cope in prison either as an inmate! Honestly I would absolutely hate it.
Yeah Time it was called, although I can’t comment on it as I only watched the first episode 🤦🏽‍♀️ I prefer watching prison documentaries in the UK rather than dramas based on prisons but that’s just my preference
Some of the ones on YouTube are quite insightful as to what a day in the life is like. Inside prison behind bars & also uks prison violence exposed (but I haven’t watched the whole thing so don’t quote me hahahah)
Would you say it's harder in a female or male prison? I always get the impression a female prison would be more vicious?

Reactions: 2
Would you say it's harder in a female or male prison? I always get the impression a female prison would be more vicious?
From what I've seen on documentaries and read women's prisons are much less violent than Men's.

Reactions: 2
I know everyone is always really curious about what it’s like in a prison but it’s really dangerous and unprofessional for prison staff to talk on a public forum about what goes on behind bars. Governors would not take kindly to it and security definitely would not.I can’t explain how stupid it is. Prisoners families or even worse…. Prisoners could read this and I don’t think people realise how catastrophic and dangerous that could be

Reactions: 5
I know everyone is always really curious about what it’s like in a prison but it’s really dangerous and unprofessional for prison staff to talk on a public forum about what goes on behind bars. Governors would not take kindly to it and security definitely would not.I can’t explain how stupid it is. Prisoners families or even worse…. Prisoners could read this and I don’t think people realise how catastrophic and dangerous that could be
I mean.. I wasn’t questioning this at all, I’ve worked in my fair share of jobs which have strict safeguarding and info sharing regulations! I was just sad the thread had gone quiet!

Reactions: 14
Catching up on this thread as it was mentioned in another thread. I’m fascinated by all things prison life, anywhere, so I’m looking forward to all your insights. Thanks in advance for sharing them. I’m going to catch up on all of the posts now

Reactions: 3
For anyone who has been in prison… do you feel you were rehabilitated? Lots of talk about Scotland’s new rules on sentencing under 25’s about prison not rehabilitating.

Reactions: 8
Has their ever been a programme that seems to show what a prison is actually like?
I've seen prison programmes such as Channel 5 ones but they focused mainly on the infamous prisoners and their crimes rather than the day to day life of a prison in general. Not sure if there are any documentaries that I don't know of but suppose there will be only so much they can show

Reactions: 1
There was one on HMP Belmarsh that was doing the rounds on YouTube that was worth a watch. Just bear in mind that one is a Cat A so at the more extreme end of the estate. Still shows the day to day fun and games. I think one of the actors from Coronation Farm or some similar soap opera did one too (cant think of his name)

The other option is Inside Prison: Britain Behind Bars. Again, mooch on YouTube and you should find all the episodes.

Reactions: 3