Prison life

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know prison girlfriends/wives tik toks got mentioned on the bear thread which led to this just been watching one where they said they're off to Ibiza and nothing their man can do about it being inside and the comments are so toxic not sure how serious they are but one girl said her bf took her passport with him so she can't go away and others were saying they wouldn't date go on holiday while their partners are in prison because they would kick off 🤯
My friend is like this. Her partner is currently in prison, not yet sentenced but already served almost 18 months. He phones her anything upwards of 4 times a day and she feels like she's always got to be on hand to take his call. She got invited to a hen do recently, it was only at center parcs but she didn't go because it "didn't feel right to be going away whilst he's stuck in there". She's self employed so schedules her clients around the times she knows he typically calls so that she won't miss his call. It's like she's serving a bit of a sentence as well because she's always got to consider talking to him before agreeing to any plans, it's sad really. If he can't get hold of her he'll ring one of us and ask us to go and check she's ok!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
My friend is like this. Her partner is currently in prison, not yet sentenced but already served almost 18 months. He phones her anything upwards of 4 times a day and she feels like she's always got to be on hand to take his call. She got invited to a hen do recently, it was only at center parcs but she didn't go because it "didn't feel right to be going away whilst he's stuck in there". She's self employed so schedules her clients around the times she knows he typically calls so that she won't miss his call. It's like she's serving a bit of a sentence as well because she's always got to consider talking to him before agreeing to any plans, it's sad really. If he can't get hold of her he'll ring one of us and ask us to go and check she's ok!
I was psychologically abused and manipulated by an ex and this is ringing serious alarm bells

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Something seriously wrong when someone in prison is able to do that 🤯

Reactions: 13
There was a documentary on channel 5 about HMP Styal which is a women's prison

Reactions: 3
Your friend needs to get the duck out of this "relationship"
And also.... I need more information about a hen do in centreparcs ?! Is this a thing 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Your friend needs to get the duck out of this "relationship"
And also.... I need more information about a hen do in centreparcs ?! Is this a thing 🤔
I’ve known loads of people to have their hen do at centre parcs 🤣 it’s a nice way of doing it for people who aren’t big drinkers, just have a weekend away with friends with loads of activities. Didn’t realise it was weird 🤣

Also just to clarify- my friend is not being abused. I am 100% sure of that. She’s just ensuring she’s available to speak to him as much as possible. When I say he calls one of us if he can’t get hold of her, it’s not after one missed call.. if there was any sign of abuse I’d be telling her to get out. It’s the way they’ve adapted their relationship to their situation, to remain in contact as much as possible. He has a phone in his cell so probably the easiest way to pass time when you’re locked in there and it’s not time to be out on the wing is to call your loved ones. He’s phoned me twice a day regularly too. I think people would be surprised at how often prisoners do call out to and have contact with friends and family. He’s on a remand wing so I think once he gets sentenced he won’t be allowed to call out as much and visits will get reduced too.

I’ve known loads of people to have their hen do at centre parcs 🤣 it’s a nice way of doing it for people who aren’t big drinkers, just have a weekend away with friends with loads of activities. Didn’t realise it was weird 🤣

Also just to clarify- my friend is not being abused. I am 100% sure of that. She’s just ensuring she’s available to speak to him as much as possible. When I say he calls one of us if he can’t get hold of her, it’s not after one missed call.. if there was any sign of abuse I’d be telling her to get out. It’s the way they’ve adapted their relationship to their situation, to remain in contact as much as possible. He has a phone in his cell so probably the easiest way to pass time when you’re locked in there and it’s not time to be out on the wing is to call your loved ones. He’s phoned me twice a day regularly too. I think people would be surprised at how often prisoners do call out to and have contact with friends and family. He’s on a remand wing so I think once he gets sentenced he won’t be allowed to call out as much and visits will get reduced too.
Thank you!
Ah I wasn't putting down having a hen do in Centreparcs, just curious! I've only been once to the one in Ireland and it was full of howling babies 👶 it was also fairly quiet but I imagine during the summer there's a good buzz about the place !

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Has their ever been a programme that seems to show what a prison is actually like?
BBC did Girls being bars. Filmed over a year at Cornton Vale, absolutely representative of not only a women's jail but sadly also women's hostels.

Reactions: 1
No never got Wentworth after Prisoner Cell Block H and watched every episode. Went to the stage shows, got the T shirts and went to Australia to see where it was filmed, during a holiday to Melbourne to see family, (which was a disappointment when it was the back lot of the TV studios).
The best part of that holiday was a visit to Macleods Daughters set which our cousin was a rider double for one of the actresses and she knew everyone and took to the house of AAron Jeffery and just walked in the house and there he was. Alex in McLeods, Terry in Water Rats and Matt Fletcher in Wentworth. What a wet yourself moment.

Reactions: 2
I sometimes watch Babies behind bars I think it's called. It's on itvx usually in the evening.
There isn't any drama really but quite sad to see them bringing up their children inside.

I sometimes watch Babies behind bars I think it's called. It's on itvx usually in the evening.
There isn't any drama really but quite sad to see them bringing up their children inside.
I saw that when browsing , was it only American prisons? I would like to see a UK version

Just to add my two cents in with Elles post, my daughters dad was in prison on his last sentence for 3/4 years and you do feel guilty missing phone calls because you know they rely on them. It is like doing a sentence alongside them as it’s always about how hard they have it and what’s going on with them (my experience.) whenever I see these girls on Tik tok bragging about having a man in prison I do laugh at them because majority of these men will never change regardless of which crappy tracksuits you send in 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Yeah it's only in America. Don't know if they have that kind of facility over here.
Yes they have prisons in the UK where you can have babies in with you, I think until they are about 1 year old. Babies are then placed into foster care or they go to live with other family members, there was something on about this a few years ago based on a London prison, possibly Holloway?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Yeah it's only in America. Don't know if they have that kind of facility over here.
Yeah they do, there's also a prison where they have houses within the grounds and are quite often given to women with babies, it's a shared house though and think it's really hard to get a space in one. I watched a show about it but they didn't go into much detail on the inmates, it was more about the actual prison. It was HMP Styal

If you need a new bra and knickers how do you get them?
I assume the bras aren't standard prison issue because of the variety of sizes needed, but are knickers?
And what do standard prison issue knickers look like, if there's such a thing?

I don’t use TikTok but are there actually women/girls who are PLEASED to have a fella in prison? Like they think it’s a good thing?! Am I missing something- what’s good about having a boyfriend in prison?

Reactions: 6
I don’t use TikTok but are there actually women/girls who are PLEASED to have a fella in prison? Like they think it’s a good thing?! Am I missing something- what’s good about having a boyfriend in prison?
I imagine they'd all be from the same council estate and it gives them a bit of street cred or something.