Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let’s not forget he dated her sister first! I would never go out with one of my sisters exes!

Diana loved reading romance novels so she probably got carried away but she was far too young but I do think Charles was attracted to her and in some clips they did look happy. I just don’t think he could cope with her mental health problems (which she definitely had).
Seeing old videos of Charles and Diana together reminds me of someone in my social circle who is completely in love with the guy she's been sleeping with for the last 5 years. He likes her as a friend, and he likes sleeping with her, but he's told her a million times that he isn't romantically interested in her. She won't listen to him or anyone else. It's only luck that this guy has no other girls on the scene, he's a very obnoxious rude person who girls usually avoid. But it's plain to everyone except this girl that as soon as someone better comes along, she'll be discarded like a shot and told "I've been telling you for years that I wasn't interested, what's the problem?".

Reactions: 1
Let’s not forget he dated her sister first! I would never go out with one of my sisters exes!

Diana loved reading romance novels so she probably got carried away but she was far too young but I do think Charles was attracted to her and in some clips they did look happy. I just don’t think he could cope with her mental health problems (which she definitely had).
Yes she definitely had some type of mental health problems

She did do a fantastic job working with charities and getting recognition for them but I do think but I think she picked the charities that wear taboo and controversial for headline grabbing Media coverage also to get a powerful image printed

So it make me think was her working them charities coming from a completely genuine place

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Came across this on the DM.

I didn’t know that there had been serious doubt cast on the results showing the driver was over the limit for alcohol? This article has certainly made me consider that it wasn’t an accident. Seems like Harry is wondering the same.

Reactions: 3

I didn’t know that there had been serious doubt cast on the results showing the driver was over the limit for alcohol? This article has certainly made me consider that it wasn’t an accident. Seems like Harry is wondering the same.
of course it was an accident. I don't understand why people would think it was murder. if people wanted her dead there are better ways to do it.

Reactions: 15
of course it was an accident. I don't understand why people would think it was murder. if people wanted her dead there are better ways to do it.
Yes a tragic accident and I gather that she wasn't wearing a seat belt which would have compounded her injuries.

Reactions: 8
The Diana bumped off theory is big in America, especially amongst her hard core fans. Harry and meghan are playing to a specific market, so I'm not sure how much he truly believes and how much is scripted for the audience (much like the I want a family not an institution line).

Personally I don't believe the theory as so many people would need to have been involved, and there are many cleaner ways of doing it.

Yes a tragic accident and I gather that she wasn't wearing a seat belt which would have compounded her injuries.
Exactly, if she had it may have saved her life

Both the French and British investigated her death independently. Both came to the same conclusion, that her death was caused by being driven at speed by a drunk driver and not wearing a seat belt.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think she was bumped off but there are still lots of unanswered questions. What happened to the white fiat for example? I guess we’ll never know now.

Reactions: 4
The bodyguard was very quiet wasn’t he?
Paul Burrell cashed in on it all.
Al Fayed was obviously grief stricken with the loss of his son.
I think whatever happened that night it was definitely convenient for The Royals that she died. They viewed it as she was better off out their way, I don’t think it was some big conspiracy though. I believe it was just a tragic accident. At the end of the day, Princess or not, she was only human. A crash like that, no seat belt. It was inevitable she’d die or be seriously injured. I felt sorry for Wills & H, like everyone did at the time… it was all about showing a stiff upper lip wasn’t it? Get on with the job.
I don’t think Charles wanted her dead. I don’t think it made his life easier in any way. If anything it made people dislike him & Camilla more. Had she not died I think they’d of married sooner. So if it was a big conspiracy to take her out the equation, it didn’t actually do them any favours really. Diana is adored more in death than she was in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wonder if Wills and Harry would even have married Kate and Meghan if Diana had still been around.
She may have found it "cool" that Meghan was mixed race and favoured her for awhile until but it wouldn't have lasted, would have been a "doting Grandmother" of course but a bit of a baitch of a mother in law.

My thoughts on Princess Di have been torn for a long time.

On the one hand the work she did with charities was great, she was never supported by the royals like she she should have been and I think she genuinely just wanted to be loved.

On the other hand she played the media at their own game, used them for pap shots when she wanted and from all accounts offloaded far too much onto William than any mother should have.

I think it's quite sly the way the media have positioned her as the perfect parent against Charles. The famous shot of her running at Harry's sports day for instance...you never see anyone use the photo of Charles running in the Dad's race, in fact I only saw it for the first time a few weeks ago. Same for the famous clip of her reuniting with the boys on the boat, Charles is always cut out but he hugs the boys right after...

I'm interested to wonder what she would be doing now had she lived. I don't think she would be the angelic martyr that she has been painted as in her death. The press would have turned on her eventually like they do with everyone and she may well have had a few slip ups herself over the years....I'm not convinced her judgement was the best. I also struggle to believe she would support Harry's vendetta against the royals. Yes she might have backed them leaving but I can't see her supporting the public onslaught against Wills. It's sad that today people seem to forget she had 2 sons and 2 boys lost their mother.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The bodyguard was very quiet wasn’t he?
He was also a victim, he sustained horrendous injuries and then when he went back to work for Al Fayed his boss was basically stalking him and saying all this horrendous conspiracy theories to his face. The media was interested in him and he just wanted to live a quiet life and heal from his wounds, both physically and mentally. It’s good that the press leave him alone now.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He was also a victim, he sustained horrendous injuries and then when he went back to work for Al Fayed his boss was basically stalking him and saying all this horrendous conspiracy theories to his face. The media was interested in him and he just wanted to live a quiet life and heal from his wounds, both physically and mentally. It’s good that the press leave him alone now.
Yes his injuries were terrible didn't his tongue get severed or something gruesome.

• Wow
I don’t think she was bumped off but there are still lots of unanswered questions. What happened to the white fiat for example? I guess we’ll never know now.
I agree - the carbon monoxide in the blood and the car are all questions that I think will be unanswered. But I don’t think that she was murdered - even if Henri was stone cold sober, he was driving at high speeds and the way the tunnel is set up (it dips sharply at the entrance, is long and narrow) he would have still gone slightly airborne which would have reduced his abilities to control the car.

Ahhh I didn’t know he went back to work for him. Al Fayed couldn’t get past the grief. Which, I can’t begin to understand how that feels, so I won’t even try but I do think that is what led him to be so obsessed with it all.

Reactions: 2
The main reason I don't think the royals had her killed is that it's not really the better option for them. Eventually the press would have tired of her, it was only a few years until Wills met Kate etc and we had a new cohort of young royals to follow. They knew it wouldn't be long until the tides turned. With her death she has been forever immortalised as the royal family's greatest victim. Some would argue her death caused far more of a headache for them than her being alive would ever have done.

Reactions: 14
Yes his injuries were terrible didn't his tongue get severed or something gruesome.
I think that was found to be false but he broke every bone in his face and has 150 metal rods holding it together. Plus chest and brain injuries. He wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either so it’s a bloody miracle he survived. Reading the injuries that those in the car received it’s horrendous.

Ahhh I didn’t know he went back to work for him. Al Fayed couldn’t get past the grief. Which, I can’t begin to understand how that feels, so I won’t even try but I do think that is what led him to be so obsessed with it all.
I agree, the poor man is grieving and still does. It must be so hard for him. I don’t blame him for wanting answers but I also don’t blame Trevor for wanting to leave.

The main reason I don't think the royals had her killed is that it's not really the better option for them. Eventually the press would have tired of her, it was only a few years until Wills met Kate etc and we had a new cohort of young royals to follow. They knew it wouldn't be long until the tides turned. With her death she has been forever immortalised as the royal family's greatest victim. Some would argue her death caused far more of a headache for them than her being alive would ever have done.
I completely agree with this. They have all had the bad press, they knew it would move on from her & Charles eventually. I think she’d of courted the press attention far more than they would her after a while to. I really liked her growing up. But, she knew what to do to get them talking. She wasn’t stupid.

I think that was found to be false but he broke every bone in his face and has 150 metal rods holding it together. Plus chest and brain injuries. He wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either so it’s a bloody miracle he survived. Reading the injuries that those in the car received it’s horrendous.

I agree, the poor man is grieving and still does. It must be so hard for him. I don’t blame him for wanting answers but I also don’t blame Trevor for wanting to leave.
It amazes me that the body guard and the Princess were not wearing belts, surely it was his duty to make sure that people were secure in the car in case of an accident, Diana was a grown woman not some silly teenager who had drunk too much cider and should have known better surely?

The bodyguard was wearing a seatbelt.

It amazes me that the body guard and the Princess were not wearing belts, surely it was his duty to make sure that people were secure in the car in case of an accident, Diana was a grown woman not some silly teenager who had drunk too much cider and should have known better surely?
She wasn’t in the habit of wearing a seatbelt as a back seat passenger. Footage of her earlier in the year shows this.

Reactions: 2