Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She may have found it "cool" that Meghan was mixed race and favoured her for awhile until but it wouldn't have lasted, would have been a "doting Grandmother" of course but a bit of a baitch of a mother in law.

This video came to mind from your comment. I can imagine Diana purposely doing random stuff like this to get the doting grandma pictures in the papers.

Reactions: 2

This video came to mind from your comment. I can imagine Diana purposely doing random stuff like this to get the doting grandma pictures in the papers.
Oh yes I can just picture her especially if it meant taking the limelight away from the daughters in law

Reactions: 1
The bodyguard was wearing a seatbelt.

She wasn’t in the habit of wearing a seatbelt as a back seat passenger. Footage of her earlier in the year shows this.
I don't know how old you are but I was in my 20s in 1997. I would NEVER have put on a seatbelt while sitting in the back seat at that time. It was years before I formed that habit.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She'd have hated Carol Middleton too for stealing her thunder

I don't know how old you are but I was in my 20s in 1997. I would NEVER have put on a seatbelt while sitting in the back seat at that time. It was years before I formed that habit.
It had long been law in the UK by then though

Reactions: 7
I'm old enough and it was law at the time to wear one.

But you see loads of celebs not wearing them. Especially when they have a driver and are being driven about. They seem to think they're above the law.

The bodyguard wasn’t, none of them were.
He wasn't wearing a seatbelt when they first set off but once they were apparently been chased by Paps and the speed of the car increased he put his on and that's what they believe saved his life.

Reactions: 5
Both the French and British investigated her death independently. Both came to the same conclusion, that her death was caused by being driven at speed by a drunk driver and not wearing a seat belt.
But there are doubts over whether the driver was actually drunk. There were experts at the inquest who were suspicious of the test results, suggesting they were not his.

Reactions: 3
I'm old enough and it was law at the time to wear one.

But you see loads of celebs not wearing them. Especially when they have a driver and are being driven about. They seem to think they're above the law.

He wasn't wearing a seatbelt when they first set off but once they were apparently been chased by Paps and the speed of the car increased he put his on and that's what they believe saved his life.
Surely he should have then told her to put hers on too then. It's possible he did but she didn't do it on time. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumour The Queen said ' Someone must have greased the brakes'. I think it came from someone sympathetic to the Royals. If do what a weird thing to say when your grandchildren mother has just been killed. I font think she was murdered by Prince Philip or whatever the rumour is though. Don't know why. It just seems unlikely when there are do many other ways for the Royals to gag people/ hide/plant stories, there is no need.

Surely he should have then told her to put hers on too then. It's possible he did but she didn't do it on time. I wonder if there is any truth to the rumour The Queen said ' Someone must have greased the brakes'. I think it came from someone sympathetic to the Royals. If do what a weird thing to say when your grandchildren mother has just been killed. I font think she was murdered by Prince Philip or whatever the rumour is though. Don't know why. It just seems unlikely when there are do many other ways for the Royals to gag people/ hide/plant stories, there is no need.
I very much doubt that the queen said that - and I’ve never heard it before. There are much easier ways to bump someone off - I totally agree.

Reactions: 8
I just liken it to people who couldn't believe Elvis was actually dead. Loads of people die in car crashes but just because it was saintly Diana then it can't be an accident and she must have been murdered!

I don't know if the driver was drunk but he was certainly driving too fast.

I very much doubt the Queen said that. It sounds like something Philip or Ann would have said but I doubt any of them said it.

Those that think Philip had something to do with it I just find ridiculous. He was actually friendly with Diana. Also, what grandfather would happily kill his Grandsons mother?!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, me too. It was probably after Di I started doing it.

The bodyguard wasn’t, none of them were.
The bodyguard absolutely was wearing a seatbelt. The enquiry concluded that it was the main factor in his survival. There is plenty of documentary footage about the investigation covering this.

How come Diana's bodyguard hasn't said much about the accident? I know he was seriously injured could it be that he had no or little recollection of that tragic evening.
Fair play to him for not spilling the beans, unlike that Butler Paul Burrell.
Maybe he was paid off, or he may have been part of the plot?

Reactions: 2
Maybe he was paid off, or he may have been part of the plot?
Plot 🙄🤣

He decided to start telling his story after Fayed started trying to blame him and the other bodyguard for not protecting them properly.

Also, it’s hard for him to tell his story as he remembers nothing about the accident whatsoever.

Reactions: 5
Plot 🙄🤣

He decided to start telling his story after Fayed started trying to blame him and the other bodyguard for not protecting them properly.

Also, it’s hard for him to tell his story as he remembers nothing about the accident whatsoever.
So he says.

• Haha
If they had wanted to bump her off they could have done it easier weeks earlier when she was on the boat, ala Robert Maxwell is one way. Or just blown boat up in some sort of gas leak.

As has been mentioned, her dying created a bigger headache for the royal. And Diana and Charles are widely reported to have been on better terms when she died which is why he was so upset.

Although it was the law, seat belt wearing in the 90s still wasn't the norm for many, especially in the back seat. I remember all the campaigns with crash test dummies showing what happens to back seat passengers in an accident. There was this sense the back seat was safer. Even more so with VIPs, even now I suspect many VIPs don't wear them when being driven.

As for Kate and Meghan, I think she would have liked Kate, especially as it was a love match and a long relationship and they didn't do what she and Charles did. Kate is also a quieter person and less into the limelight. Meghan I'm not sure, it was a pretty rushed relationship and I'm not sure the two egos would have worked together. Although if Diana was still alive harry probably wouldn't have met or marries meghan in first place

Reactions: 9
I was 17 at the time and remember the adverts on TV around that time. I ALWAYS wore a seat belt. Still do. As have all of the people in my car since I passed my test in 1999.

Reactions: 6