Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Diana portrayed herself as a 'poor innocent'. She was far from it.
There was a documentary about her a few nights ago as its the 25th anniversary of her death, she apparently said that if anyone wanted to be her they "had to have suffered" oh come on luv you were not the only one to be cheated on by a hubby. And I reckon all the money she had for trips to the state and fabulous outfits helped. No, money isn't everything but it can help, no worries about mortgage, rent bills able to fly anywhere any time afford what she wanted. She was a bit of a martyr, I am sorry she died so young but she had a very dark side to her as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Going from having a private life to living in a goldfish bowl at age 19 is bound to have a profound effect on your mental stability.

Meghan Markle couldn’t handle (a fraction of) it in her 30s. What chance does a teenager have?

Di-mania started the minute she began seeing Charles and didn’t let up at all in her life and not for a while after her death. If you are not old enough to remember, it was full on. She sold papers and the media fully exploited that.

Reactions: 10
That was such a mean reaction, the house is massive enough for her to have her own suite of rooms. I think he is quite a nasty bloke actually.
I agree he was nasty to his first wife and made fun of her anorexia.

Reactions: 5
There was a documentary about her a few nights ago as its the 25th anniversary of her death, she apparently said that if anyone wanted to be her they "had to have suffered" oh come on luv you were not the only one to be cheated on by a hubby. And I reckon all the money she had for trips to the state and fabulous outfits helped. No, money isn't everything but it can help, no worries about mortgage, rent bills able to fly anywhere any time afford what she wanted. She was a bit of a martyr, I am sorry she died so young but she had a very dark side to her as well.
Glad to see a different opinion on Diana. I have a real bee in my bonnet about something…

she hadn’t seen those boys for a MONTH before she died. H&W spoke in a documentary about how they missed her and would speak on the phone. Her boys needed her but she was too busy galavanting around Europe with her boyfriend.
When the media was becoming more and more frenzied why why why didn’t she just bunk down with her boys and focus on being their mum. They needed her. Instead she was sunbathing on yachts and going to the ritz. and it was Charles who was with them. If she had been home being a mum, she’d be alive

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Glad to see a different opinion on Diana. I have a real bee in my bonnet about something…

she hadn’t seen those boys for a MONTH before she died. H&W spoke in a documentary about how they missed her and would speak on the phone. Her boys needed her but she was too busy galavanting around Europe with her boyfriend.
When the media was becoming more and more frenzied why why why didn’t she just bunk down with her boys and focus on being their mum. They needed her. Instead she was sunbathing on yachts and going to the ritz. and it was Charles who was with them. If she had been home being a mum, she’d be alive
I thought it was Charles time to spend with the boys thats why she was on holiday?

Reactions: 8
Well, those boys spent most of their formative and teenage years in boarding school so I doubt they saw much of either parent at times.

Reactions: 3

Yes , I heard William say this.
On a different documentary , diana said when she did phone the boys they either didnt want to come to the phone or when they did , they had nothing to say.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
On a different documentary , diana said when she did phone the boys they either didnt want to come to the phone or when they did , they had nothing to say.
If she’d stayed at home she still wouldn’t have been with the boys as it was Charles’ time with them. She’d have been alive though, yes.

Typical kids of that age on the phone.

Reactions: 3

I can only assume you don’t know many children of divorced parents. It’s incredibly common for children across the summer months to spend a long period with one parent and then another period with the other parent. Why is it anymore her responsibility to be with them than his? Harry and Diana needed Charles when she’d just given birth but he was off with his friends and mistress. She was entitled to a life outside of just being a mum.

Reactions: 9
I’ve just stumbled across this thread I was on the Love Island one
I’ve always been fascinated with Princess Diana and how she became so popular I always wonder if she would’ve been alive now what would she be doing I think she’s still would’ve been doing lots of charity work she may have married and moved to America and had more children
however I don’t think she would have still large media coverage like she did in the 90s a lot of things changed in the 2000s a whole host of celebrities come to presence I think the tabloids would have turn there attentions
Although she married into royalty she become more of a celebrity after her Divorce to Charles
I did feel sorry for her she come arias as complex and constantly searching for love but she wasn’t innocent she had affairs and got involved with married men I think she had personality disorder
I also think she was pregnant with dodi baby that was the bombshell she was going to drop
I don’t know if she would have coped with the media attention in America she struggled to cope in the uk

She does look pregnant here

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
She wasn't pregnant. She'd stayed at her friend's house the week before she died (Rosa Monckton I think) and her friend said Diana had her period at the time.

Reactions: 1
She had been on holiday with them earlier in the summer, there was a huge media furore because she took the heir to the throne on Al Fayed's yacht. Then a bit later on it came out that she was seeing Dodi. The Royals were always at Balmoral for later part of summer. It's not really fair to say she didn't want to be with her kids. Diana and Fergie had to fit in with the Royal families demands, they never spent Christmas Day with their kids. I think Christmas 97 was going to be the first one she was allowed to have her boys.

I often wonder how naive Diana was as a 19 year old. From the outside looking in, it seems like the marriage was essentially an arranged marriage.
For a very long time, the heir married another royal. The European royal families are all related to each other, Elizabeth and Philip had the same great-grandparents. Diana, being from one of England's oldest aristocratic families, was quite "common" in comparison! But they wanted a virgin and found Diana.
Diana had spent her whole life around the royals and other aristocrats, a lot of these aristocratic couples don't even share a bedroom. It seems like she married for love when Charles simply only saw it as a formality since the heir needs his own heirs.

I often wonder how naive Diana was as a 19 year old. From the outside looking in, it seems like the marriage was essentially an arranged marriage.
For a very long time, the heir married another royal. The European royal families are all related to each other, Elizabeth and Philip had the same great-grandparents. Diana, being from one of England's oldest aristocratic families, was quite "common" in comparison! But they wanted a virgin and found Diana.
Diana had spent her whole life around the royals and other aristocrats, a lot of these aristocratic couples don't even share a bedroom. It seems like she married for love when Charles simply only saw it as a formality since the heir needs his own heirs.
Let’s not forget he dated her sister first! I would never go out with one of my sisters exes!

Diana loved reading romance novels so she probably got carried away but she was far too young but I do think Charles was attracted to her and in some clips they did look happy. I just don’t think he could cope with her mental health problems (which she definitely had).

Reactions: 6