Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a royalist or a Diana “fan” or anything, but I got quite emotional watching this. It really brings back what a shock it was at the time.
Exactly! I've never experienced the feeling, before or since, of simply not being able to believe that someone had died.
I remember lying in bed that Sunday morning, and I heard my friend, who I was sharing a house with, go downstairs. And then hearing her pelting back up the stairs, and I remember thinking, in those split seconds, omg we must've been burgled, why is she running back up?!
She burst into my bedroom and said Princess Diana is dead!
I'll never forget it, I sat bolt upright and said "she can't be!" .
I just couldn't fathom it. I think it was because, that Summer, she had been in the papers so much, and just in general, she was just in the news so much.
You just couldn't believe she was gone.
And that whole week afterwards, until her funeral, such a weird kind of atmosphere.

Reactions: 12
I'm just posting this here just in case anyone here is interested in this. But BuzzFeed Shane and Ryan did a thing on Princess Diana. This is the last season of Buzzfeed Unsolved True Crime

Reactions: 1
I agree Paddy l got up and went to Sainsbury's with my then husband. He went to buy fags and came over and said Princess Diana is dead. I said no she isn't! He said it's on the front of the papers! I went to see and said ..maybe it's a joke... everyone was so quiet. Like 7/7 when we were all walking because all the transport was suspended. It was so silent.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Here’s the new poster for the Diana film starring Kristen Stewart.

I’d love to know what people think of it, I can’t decide if I love it or hate it 😬
On one hand it’s a beautiful and striking image, but on the other, it’s like they’re really worried people will focus on whether or not KS looks like Diana so they thought, “just hide her face and hope for the best!”.

3EC192F2-F96D-4912-A051-E2864553217F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I’d love to know what people think of it, I can’t decide if I love it or hate it 😬
On one hand it’s a beautiful and striking image, but on the other, it’s like they’re really worried people will focus on whether or not KS looks like Diana so they thought, “just hide her face and hope for the best!”.

View attachment 729940
I can’t handle another portrayal of Diana as this constant crying victim. Can someone please make a film of all her affairs and all the marriages she ruined?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I can’t handle another portrayal of Diana as this constant crying victim. Can someone please make a film of all her affairs and all the marriages she ruined?
Exactly. It annoys me how she got put on a pedestal where she did no wrong.

Reactions: 17
Yeah, the fawning over Diana is a bit tedious now. There's been enough documentaries and dramas about her life. All painted in a extremely positive light. Be good to see a real portrayal. All that glitters isn't gold, as they say.

Reactions: 16
Not if she didnt want a life in the RF they wouldnt have been. She was sensible enough to say no for the sake of her own sanity.
However, if Harry had had the chance to leave the RF at that point and go and live in Africa at her parent's game reserve just think how much happier he would have been.

Reactions: 3
She was no angel and I don't think she would have been a nice Mother in law, very jealous woman.
Yes I can imagine her not liking whoever her boys chose (a bit like my own Mother in Law, nobody is good enough for her boys!).

Reactions: 8

View attachment 729940
I just watched this.....(late I know)
I hated it....I thought this was pointless rubbish. Kristen is horrible. Why would anyone think this movie is a good idea?....and it BAFFLES me that she's a contender for awards for this tit!!!

Reactions: 5
I just watched this.....(late I know)
I hated it....I thought this was pointless rubbish. Kristen is horrible. Why would anyone think this movie is a good idea?....and it BAFFLES me that she's a contender for awards for this tit!!!
I heard it was pretty gloomy and only really showed off a lot of negativity. Is that true?

I heard it was pretty gloomy and only really showed off a lot of negativity. Is that true?
It was Kristen whispering all her lines in a weird way and it basically showed someone losing their grip on reality....manic behaviour, bulimia, paranoia etc.