Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Sorry if this has been shared already but the greatest sketch on this topic!
Yes it has been shared across the threads, but it's super hilarious, I never tire of this sketch!

They had spent 6 weeks on board his yacht, which I guess would have been pretty intense. The day of the crash Dodi visited a jewellers and purchased a ring £11600, the ring and receipt was found in the couples suite in the Ritz. The receipt had the ring listed as an engagement ring and apparently a ring was found in the apartment (not confirmed to be this ring) with an engraved inscription with the phrase "tell me yes" "dis moi oui. Source Google 😆
So I can kind of see where Al-Fayed was coming from but the couple hadn't come out with anything publicly. Yes a ring at that price would be a drop in the ocean to someone as wealthy as Dodi and Diana would have been used to very expensive gifts.
Exactly and the ring doesn't at all look like an engagement ring.
Going by her taste in pieces she wore, bought herself and commissioned it didn't even fit with her taste imo, esp as engagement ring.

al Fayed was a bit delusional at the time, I get it due to grief, but his claims on the relationship between these two were downright fantastical.

imo too it was just a gift and who knows what he wanted her to say "yes" to, "go on hols with me in Oct", "come to my Paris apartment next month", "let's get a house in the Provence together for autumn". 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Well hopefully now the chance...
It wont come out. There are allegedly things involving Phil and the Profumo affair that are embargoed for 100 years and that was 50 years ago and probably involved him shagging someone rather than murder. If he killed Diana ( I dont believe this) it will be covered up until Wills is dead at the very least.

Reactions: 5
I put on 'The Story of Diana' on Netflix, but it's an American production and I'm not sure the American media actually know the way things are, or were, so are biased. There's a lot of her creep brother Charles waxing lyrical, and he shouldn't be given this airtime as far as I'm concerned. He says "I wish I could have done more to protect her"... says the man who denied her a place to stay on the 13,000 acre Althorp estate in her time of need. Yet very happy to have her buried there to "keep her safe" further cash in on her death. The man disgusts me. I hope most people know that little detail he never mentions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
I put on 'The Story of Diana' on Netflix, but it's an American production and I'm not sure the American media actually know the way things are, or were, so are biased. There's a lot of her creep brother Charles waxing lyrical, and he shouldn't be given this airtime as far as I'm concerned. He says "I wish I could have done more to protect her"... says the man who denied her a place to stay on the 13,000 acre Althorp estate in her time of need. Yet very happy to have her buried there to "keep her safe" further cash in on her death. The man disgusts me. I hope most people know that little detail he never mentions.
Indeed she wanted a cottage but he turned her down, He was very mean to her.

Reactions: 7
Actually finished the show and was surprised that they spoke of how she manipulated the media, she knew how to play them and also how she sought emotional fulfilment from media coverage and being on the front page of the papers. This is fair and not always said!

Indeed she wanted a cottage but he turned her down, He was very mean to her.
And he wasn’t even living there at the time, it would have been no inconvenience to him! And it was the family estate, not his alone surely. Ugh the way he speaks, like he was this loving and supportive brother; I’ve read that her butler Paul came out and said how their relationship wasn’t good at all.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The Dodi was a Muslim thing doesn't hold water. She'd been very serious about Haznat Khan for a while and she told her friends that she wanted to marry him and have more children. She'd also been to meet his family in Pakistan. If a half-Pakistani Muslim half sibling was going to be a problem worth bumping off for, then it would have happened quite a while before. Haznat is a very private man (the only time he has spoken about their relationship was for her inquest) and he couldn't cope with all the publicity etc. As he said then, they had a normal relationship with her staying over at his flat, cooking him supper, watching TV, going out for dinner with Diana disguised in a dark wig, and not the high paparazzi glamour of the Al Fayeds. Dodi was a rebound fling after she and Haznat broke up and unlikely to last.
I read that Diana had sought, and received, Charles' blessing to marry Hasnat Khan, and that Charles was very supportive of the relationship. Ultimately though, Hasnat Khan didn't want to marry her. I don't think religion or race were that big a deal. Dodi and his family's dodgy (to put it mildly) conduct and subsequent reputations were. Ultimately though, from what I've read her close friends saying, she still loved Khan and was hoping for a reconciliation, and the affair with Dodi was not serious from her perspective.

Reactions: 10
I read that Diana had sought, and received, Charles' blessing to marry Hasnat Khan, and that Charles was very supportive of the relationship. Ultimately though, Hasnat Khan didn't want to marry her. I don't think religion or race were that big a deal. Dodi and his family's dodgy (to put it mildly) conduct and subsequent reputations were. Ultimately though, from what I've read her close friends saying, she still loved Khan and was hoping for a reconciliation, and the affair with Dodi was not serious from her perspective.
Yeah like Mohammed Al Fayed trying to imply Diana was pregnant with Dodi's child at the time of her death when in fact her best friend who she stayed with just before the holiday with Dodi said Diana had her period during that visit and she told her that Dodi was just a summer fling and she wasn't that into him.

I never believed the rubbish that the royal family would not be happy if she married Hasnat Khan or Dodi even as it was actually nothing to do with them anymore as she was divorced from the royals.

Reactions: 11
Yeah like Mohammed Al Fayed trying to imply Diana was pregnant with Dodi's child at the time of her death when in fact her best friend who she stayed with just before the holiday with Dodi said Diana had her period during that visit and she told her that Dodi was just a summer fling and she wasn't that into him.

I never believed the rubbish that the royal family would not be happy if she married Hasnat Khan or Dodi even as it was actually nothing to do with them anymore as she was divorced from the royals.
I mean I do believe that they would have been unhappy if she'd married Dodi. She was still William and Harry's mother and still Princess of Wales, so still part of the family even though divorced, and her actions still affected other family members, and the institution. However I highly doubt that they would have taken the prospect of her marrying him seriously, nor killed her over it even if they had. There would have been plenty of other tools at their disposal. For example Dodi was known to be a heavy cocaine user/addict. They could have easily used that to make moves to change custody arrangements, if they wanted to put a stop to the relationship. As it was I think they probably assumed that it would all fizzle out fairly quickly.

Reactions: 7
They really didn’t.

Think about it. If Diana had been murdered it would have been done in a much tidier way. If she’d worn her seatbelt, the chances are she’d still be alive and on to her third husband by now.

Reactions: 10
They really didn’t.

Think about it. If Diana had been murdered it would have been done in a much tidier way. If she’d worn her seatbelt, the chances are she’d still be alive and on to her third husband by now.
Also, they lack any plausible motive.

Reactions: 9
I mean it’s just common knowledge they had her killed
Yeah....Philip said to the Queen...'we'll have to kill her off and never mind that she's the mother of our dearly beloved Grandchildren and the future King of England'.

Oh by the way...Elvis is still alive.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Yeah....Philip said to the Queen...'we'll have to kill her off and never mind that she's the mother of our dearly beloved Grandchildren and the future King of England'.

And Bill Gates engineered the pandemic so he could monitor when Doris from Colchester pops out to the Coop. (I mean as it turns Bill has been a very naughty boy, but not in the way that some people have been feverishly speculating over the last year or so.)

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I think a lot of it was due to the fame and the paparazzi. He's kept her secrets very well; the only statement he's made was to the inquest and he confirmed that they had had a normal sex life and that Diana was very strict about taking the contraceptive pill - presumably to counter Al Fayed's claim of a pregnancy. He married a woman from a similar background to his some years later but they divorced after two years and he's not remarried. I can believe that they were the love of each other's lives and that perhaps in another dimension or time she's happily living as Lady Diana Khan, the wife of a respected surgeon and consultant.

Reactions: 8
I think a lot of it was due to the fame and the paparazzi. He's kept her secrets very well; the only statement he's made was to the inquest and he confirmed that they had had a normal sex life and that Diana was very strict about taking the contraceptive pill - presumably to counter Al Fayed's claim of a pregnancy. He married a woman from a similar background to his some years later but they divorced after two years and he's not remarried. I can believe that they were the love of each other's lives and that perhaps in another dimension or time she's happily living as Lady Diana Khan, the wife of a respected surgeon and consultant.
Yes I read he wasn't comfortable with her level of fame and didn't want that for himself. Same with Chelsea Davys not wanting to marry Harry as she didn't want that life.

No, Elvis was the hitman. He rode in on Shergar...😜

• Haha
Reactions: 4