Princess Diana

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dodi's father had many grievances, amongst others repeat refusals of citizenship, he applied several times and in spite of (allegedly and according to him) meeting criteria, he was refused.
Oh yes it was citizenship not a knighthood.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone remember that Harrods lost the DoE's seal for outrageous comments Al Fayed made?? I'm off to google

Reactions: 3
The Dodi was a Muslim thing doesn't hold water. She'd been very serious about Haznat Khan for a while and she told her friends that she wanted to marry him and have more children. She'd also been to meet his family in Pakistan. If a half-Pakistani Muslim half sibling was going to be a problem worth bumping off for, then it would have happened quite a while before. Haznat is a very private man (the only time he has spoken about their relationship was for her inquest) and he couldn't cope with all the publicity etc. As he said then, they had a normal relationship with her staying over at his flat, cooking him supper, watching TV, going out for dinner with Diana disguised in a dark wig, and not the high paparazzi glamour of the Al Fayeds. Dodi was a rebound fling after she and Haznat broke up and unlikely to last.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ive listened to so many podcasts on this. All the conspiracys and I just cant see it. I dislike the RF too so as much as Id like to call them evil and point the finger. I cant. It was a tragic accident and had she worn her seatbelt she could well have survived. The guy who wrote Unnatural Causes and who did the post mortum has said this. Whether you believe it or not is up to you I suppose. AFAIK the mercedes is in some shipping container in France somewhere.

She was very much hung up on Khan and was using Dodi to make him jealous. I dont for a second believe she was pregnant with Dodi's child.

Diana was a very insecure individual and like someone else said had to feel that adoring love from her significant other.

Had the Royal family allowed Charles to marry who he wanted rather than who they approved Diana could probably have found someone else, married them and lived happily ever after. So did the RF arrange to have Diana murdered, no. Did the RF's choices ultimately cause her demise, yes.

Reactions: 11
Had the Royal family allowed Charles to marry who he wanted rather than who they approved Diana could probably have found someone else, married them and lived happily ever after. So did the RF arrange to have Diana murdered, no. Did the RF's choices ultimately cause her demise, yes.
I totally agree with this. Her family were also complicit. They knew she was young and immature, but they wanted their family to be of 'service' to the Royal Family- ie chuck their daughters in their path as brood mares. They couldn't care less that she was a 19 year old old girl and Charles was 32 and in love with someone else. The prestige of having a daughter married to the Prince of Wales was enough. Im not sure Camilla would have waited around for Charles to marry her like Kate did, but Diana certainly could have lived a life of a wealthy sloane around town if she wasnt married off to Charles.

Reactions: 7
I totally agree with this. Her family were also complicit. They knew she was young and immature, but they wanted their family to be of 'service' to the Royal Family- ie chuck their daughters in their path as brood mares. They couldn't care less that she was a 19 year old old girl and Charles was 32 and in love with someone else. The prestige of having a daughter married to the Prince of Wales was enough. Im not sure Camilla would have waited around for Charles to marry her like Kate did, but Diana certainly could have lived a life of a wealthy sloane around town if she wasnt married off to Charles.
Absolutely. A sorry state of affairs. Also for a woman so mentally fragile, as she was fragile, having the limelight thrust upon her, she really did struggle to cope.

Not saying Charles behaviour didnt magnify her issues but it wasnt the beginning of them.

Did both families always this planned for Charles and Diana? There have been quotes over the years that Diana said she would get married in the Abbey (I know she didn't :cool:) and that she had to keep herself "tidy" I think the word tidy may have meant virginity. I just wonder if they had her or one of the sisters lined up to marry the Prince of Wales.
I think both parties got cold feet before the wedding but it was too late, I don't think Charles ever thought she would be anything other than a look the other way kind of wife. How very wrong he was.

Reactions: 7

Well l stand corrected if this article is anything to go by, apparently Diana wanted a daughter.

Very long read but well worth the effort. Again if accurate she would have began the relationship with Dodi mid July. She broken off with Hasnat at the end of July. Apparently not pregnant at the time of her death.

What l get from that is that Diana was very emotionally unstable and very out of touch with real life.

Reactions: 6
Did both families always this planned for Charles and Diana? There have been quotes over the years that Diana said she would get married in the Abbey (I know she didn't :cool:) and that she had to keep herself "tidy" I think the word tidy may have meant virginity. I just wonder if they had her or one of the sisters lined up to marry the Prince of Wales.
I think both parties got cold feet before the wedding but it was too late, I don't think Charles ever thought she would be anything other than a look the other way kind of wife. How very wrong he was.
Charles went out with one of Diana's sisters before he went out with Diana. The story is that Diana's grandmother and the Queen Mother were very good friends and decided to engineer a match. Charles had to marry a virgin ( for some reason) and the chances of him finding a virgin closer to his own age was unlikely! I agree. They all thought she would just shut up and say and do nothing, but she didnt.

Reactions: 6
Oh I just remembered something that pops up in the trashy American press from time to time, her secret daughter :ROFLMAO: now that's what I call a conspiracy theory, complete with pictures.
Yes @Vanillaco I remember this about the sister and the two old dears conspiring, Charlie would have done anything for little old granny but I don't think any of them foresaw the outcome.
There was something a wee big magical about Diana, maybe I misremember it all like that as I was a teen when she died. My mother was incredibly cynical of her.

Reactions: 2
My mother was too. I think she really played the media. I wouldn't describe her as a victim of them the way Harry does. Clearly in the beginning she was hounded and out of her depth. There is a cafe in Pimlico with a photo of her running past the front door of it being chased by paps, forget what it's called now.

Diana wanted another child in about 1988/1989, Charles consulted Camilla and Camilla said "two's enough" and that was the end of that.

Cam didn't want to marry Charles, she wanted APB but dallied with C to make APB jealous and APB was playing the same game with Anne.
It was quite an entanglement.
Then Charles went off with the navy, never any word with Cam that they'd marry (she wanted APB and APB was apparently the biggest catch (in their circle) back then) and when he came back she was married. He wasn't keen on marriage, either, at the time.

It's not that C&C weren't allowed, they weren't really interested, it was more the wrong time than anything else.

This virginity thing and forbidding seeing Camilla is all L Mountbatten, who told Charles what to do and Charles listened, it wasn't Liz & Phil.

I'm not sure Di & Charles had an arranged marriage as most understand or as I understand, their grandmothers were keen and tried to play a hand, but it wasn't a real understanding between the families as it usually was for arranged marriages (and still is in some parts of the world).
I wouldn't call their quite arranged, their dreaming grannies just got what they wished for (and then perhaps regretted that their wish came true).

The Dodi was a Muslim thing doesn't hold water. She'd been very serious about Haznat Khan for a while and she told her friends that she wanted to marry him and have more children. She'd also been to meet his family in Pakistan. If a half-Pakistani Muslim half sibling was going to be a problem worth bumping off for, then it would have happened quite a while before. Haznat is a very private man (the only time he has spoken about their relationship was for her inquest) and he couldn't cope with all the publicity etc. As he said then, they had a normal relationship with her staying over at his flat, cooking him supper, watching TV, going out for dinner with Diana disguised in a dark wig, and not the high paparazzi glamour of the Al Fayeds. Dodi was a rebound fling after she and Haznat broke up and unlikely to last.
I totally agree and wanted to write something similar, but didn't want to leave another wall of text.

No way that the Winds didn't know about HK and seems that wasn't an issue.

I just think that if they were to have an issue with a man (or anyone marrying in), it'd be more over religion than a slightly tan skin colour, but it seems that no one objected to HK and even though that relationship went unnoticed by journos and paps I don't think that the family didn't know.

Reactions: 5
I went looking for the Dodi and Diana memorial in Harrords (innocent victims) last time I was there, it was removed apparently. That place is a complete maze, staff didn't even know their way round. Eventually I managed to find someone who did turned out he was the/a manager :ROFLMAO:
So did I as I loved going to see it when I was a child and hadn’t been to London for years, I was a bit gutted but completely understandable if the current owners don’t want the shrine. Although it would’ve generated some tourist interest surely?

I went looking for the Dodi and Diana memorial in Harrords (innocent victims) last time I was there, it was removed apparently. That place is a complete maze, staff didn't even know their way round. Eventually I managed to find someone who did turned out he was the/a manager :ROFLMAO:
It used to be in the middle of the escalators (the Egypt ones)

Diana and Dodi died in the same accident but it was probably just a fling and Al Fayed ran with the narrative of a true love story. He had her wine glass smudged with lipstick and the engagement ring behind a glass pyramid and then had the statue commissioned.

What was the story with the engagement ring?

Dodi may have been going to give Diana a ring as a gift. When they’re that loaded a diamond ring isn’t necessarily an engagement ring.

At the time Al Fayed was making a lot of wild claims. I believed it was because he was heartbroken and his building up of the short fling they were having was just fantasy caused by grief.

What was the story with the engagement ring?

Dodi may have been going to give Diana a ring as a gift. When they’re that loaded a diamond ring isn’t necessarily an engagement ring.

At the time Al Fayed was making a lot of wild claims. I believed it was because he was heartbroken and his building up of the short fling they were having was just fantasy caused by grief.
They had spent 6 weeks on board his yacht, which I guess would have been pretty intense. The day of the crash Dodi visited a jewellers and purchased a ring £11600, the ring and receipt was found in the couples suite in the Ritz. The receipt had the ring listed as an engagement ring and apparently a ring was found in the apartment (not confirmed to be this ring) with an engraved inscription with the phrase "tell me yes" "dis moi oui. Source Google 😆
So I can kind of see where Al-Fayed was coming from but the couple hadn't come out with anything publicly. Yes a ring at that price would be a drop in the ocean to someone as wealthy as Dodi and Diana would have been used to very expensive gifts.

Sorry if this has been shared already but the greatest sketch on this topic!

• Haha
Reactions: 4