Princess Charlene of Monaco

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think the press have been pretty respectful. They've really only reported on when she's updated her Instagram or Albert has publicly commented. Can you imagine if it was one of our royals, it would have been endless speculation.

Reactions: 13
I actually think the press have been pretty respectful. They've really only reported on when she's updated her Instagram or Albert has publicly commented. Can you imagine if it was one of our royals, it would have been endless speculation.
That‘s such a good point, they have. It‘s just the Daily Fail getting my back up with their talk of “mystery illness“ and “secret location”.

Reactions: 5
I'm even more convinced eating disorder after this bit.

Albert continued: 'She hadn't slept well in a number of days and she wasn't eating at all well. She has lost a lot of weight, which made her vulnerable to other potential ailments.
he says later in the article it isn't cancer or relationship issue.

Reactions: 7
Whatever it is, I hope she is OK. I do find it worrying that she seemed to return to a big publicised return and is immediately sent to a "treatment facility"
Surely she shouldn't have returned to Monaco if they knew she needed admittance to such a "facility"

Is this her will or is it her husbands way of punishing her for staying away for so long? I dont get a good feeling at all about that man and how he conducts his marriage.

Its all extremely strange. I totally understand them not wanting to say if she has a mental illness or is going through an eating disorder, she has a right to privacy. On the other hand, all of this gives rise to more conjecture.

I sincerely hope that wherever Charlene is, that she is properly cared for and that she gets whatever help she needs

• Heart
Reactions: 18
To be honest, she has always seemed to struggle and look depressed. We all know that depression is not related to the quality of your life or your relationships. Plus, she is of the age when your hormones start going out of whack, thanks to perimenopause, and just sends your whole body chemistry awry. Good for her family for realizing that she needed immediate and substantial help.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Is this her will or is it her husbands way of punishing her for staying away for so long? I dont get a good feeling at all about that man and how he conducts his marriage.
I'd agree with you but I always think there is something not quite right about how seemingly pally Albert and her brother are. I think he is based in Monaco but if your sister was in an unhappy marriage would you be seen out and about with her husband? Makes me wonder a bit what's going on there.

Well I thought that and look at her wrists in the photo, the big cardigan to disguise ? Can only just see but possible reason for the intervention
Yes I'm sure that's the picture that originally made me think eating disorder.

Reactions: 8
Those kids holding up those signs…. Jesus. I feel that is so wrong on so many levels.

Either come straight out and say she’s dying/mentally ill/trying her darnedest to divorce you or don’t and carry on living your life through smoke and mirrors but do bleeping NOT use your kids as pawns in whatever crappy PR game the Monaco royals seem to be playing.

This will stay with those kids forever, the truth will emerge at some point and they will have to live that moment over and over again into their adulthood as it’s not an image that is forgotten easily. FML.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Something about this feels just a bit sinister
Agree. Those signs being held up on the balcony are weird and sinister. I presume if Albert allowed them out of Monaco, they would be able to see her in whatever 'facility' she was in. Whats the point of doing those signs and showing them to everyone? Get them to make private cards to send to her, fine. Its all too weird. It does sound like she is suffering from depression. It was all too strange that the minute Albert turned up to SA to see her, she ended up back in hospital.

Reactions: 11
I was on Reddit and someone brought up the Karen Mulder rumours. She was a supermodel in the 80s and went out with Albert, the story is she went on tv to say that the big modelling agency at the time and also her allegedly boyfriend Albert was rapping her on a daily basis. The TV show was never broadcast and Karen was put in a mental asylum. I recommend you guys to Google her story...

• Wow
Reactions: 11
To be honest, she has always seemed to struggle and look depressed. We all know that depression is not related to the quality of your life or your relationships. Plus, she is of the age when your hormones start going out of whack, thanks to perimenopause, and just sends your whole body chemistry awry. Good for her family for realizing that she needed immediate and substantial help.
Shes 43! She's a woman in her prime. I'm a good few years older and not in peri menopause nor is my body chemistry awry.
Anyone would be depressed married to that chauvinistic twit.
Depression can most definitely be caused and exacerbated by those you live with or are in your life. If your living arrangements cause intense stress then that can and will reveal itself quickly.
Women in the earlier part of this century often had husbands and family members consider they needed "immediate and substantial help" many women were signed into institutions for life by their husbands, fathers, brothers etc because they spoke their mind or asked for divorce etc.
Funny enough there was another high profile female just lately whose father considered she needed immediate and substantial help and locked her into a brutal conservatorship for 13 years. Ring any bells?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The list of things he says it isn’t is so long. What else is even left as a possible reason?
He is implying that she's mental and has been checked into a facility for care. The statement is all about how it isn't him, isn't the kids, isn't the family or being a royal. It's her, she's to blame and isn't he so wonderful to sit down with her family and sort this nuisance woman out.
Thats the message I get from it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
It sounds to me like severe depression or an eating disorder. Or both.

Shes 43! She's a woman in her prime. I'm a good few years older and not in peri menopause nor is my body chemistry awry.
Anyone would be depressed married to that chauvinistic twit.
Depression can most definitely be caused and exacerbated by those you live with or are in your life. If your living arrangements cause intense stress then that can and will reveal itself quickly.
Women in the earlier part of this century often had husbands and family members consider they needed "immediate and substantial help" many women were signed into institutions for life by their husbands, fathers, brothers etc because they spoke their mind or asked for divorce etc.
Funny enough there was another high profile female just lately whose father considered she needed immediate and substantial help and locked her into a brutal conservatorship for 13 years. Ring any bells?
So because you're older than her and not in peri then she shouldn't be either? Stupid argument