Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
Apparently he's battling yet another paternity case, and the problem with this one is that conception would be when he and Charlene were already together though not yet engaged.

Considering his older daughter is in her late 20s, you'd think that Albert would have learned about birth control by now. I'm not sure whether this is the third or fourth paternity case but he's got two acknowledged children out of wedlock. There were rumours that he was still seeing his older son's mother.

Something happened before Christmas as she suddenly chopped her hair and shaved half of it off; she also looked drawn and strained. I bet she can't take the children out of Monaco without his permission. In addition to the racing to the airport to get away and crying during the wedding, one commenter on the DM article said that they had separate bedrooms on honeymoon. Even for royals, there's something weird about that marriage.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 23

Duchesspink

VIP Member
To be honest, she has always seemed to struggle and look depressed. We all know that depression is not related to the quality of your life or your relationships. Plus, she is of the age when your hormones start going out of whack, thanks to perimenopause, and just sends your whole body chemistry awry. Good for her family for realizing that she needed immediate and substantial help.
Shes 43! She's a woman in her prime. I'm a good few years older and not in peri menopause nor is my body chemistry awry.
Anyone would be depressed married to that chauvinistic twat.
Depression can most definitely be caused and exacerbated by those you live with or are in your life. If your living arrangements cause intense stress then that can and will reveal itself quickly.
Women in the earlier part of this century often had husbands and family members consider they needed "immediate and substantial help" many women were signed into institutions for life by their husbands, fathers, brothers etc because they spoke their mind or asked for divorce etc.
Funny enough there was another high profile female just lately whose father considered she needed immediate and substantial help and locked her into a brutal conservatorship for 13 years. Ring any bells?

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Segotia

I suspect that Charlene may have cancer, and is abroad to access treatment. Thats why i cringe at the stick she gets for being away from her kids, when in fact her absence may be because she's fighting to survive and stay with them.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Those kids holding up those signs…. Jesus. I feel that is so wrong on so many levels.

Either come straight out and say she’s dying/mentally ill/trying her darnedest to divorce you or don’t and carry on living your life through smoke and mirrors but do fucking NOT use your kids as pawns in whatever shitty PR game the Monaco royals seem to be playing.

This will stay with those kids forever, the truth will emerge at some point and they will have to live that moment over and over again into their adulthood as it’s not an image that is forgotten easily. FML.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

SarahN

VIP Member
Prince Albert is a prize cunt. Im sure many people in Monaco think it even if they don't have the nerve to say it.
Monaco princes have long been extremely generous to their people. We pay no tax, have affordable housing in a country in which we otherwise wouldn’t be able to live, are guaranteed a job and generally are afforded many privileges. Most people are very grateful for all of this and therefore refrain from saying anything untoward against the prince’s private life. Doesn’t mean that we don’t have an opinion, but let’s say our gratitude affords him our discretion on private matters, mostly.

Reactions: 19

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Whatever it is, I hope she is OK. I do find it worrying that she seemed to return to a big publicised return and is immediately sent to a "treatment facility"
Surely she shouldn't have returned to Monaco if they knew she needed admittance to such a "facility"

Is this her will or is it her husbands way of punishing her for staying away for so long? I dont get a good feeling at all about that man and how he conducts his marriage.

Its all extremely strange. I totally understand them not wanting to say if she has a mental illness or is going through an eating disorder, she has a right to privacy. On the other hand, all of this gives rise to more conjecture.

I sincerely hope that wherever Charlene is, that she is properly cared for and that she gets whatever help she needs

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Lurk123

Years ago I traveled to Monaco for work and my manager who lived in South of France said it was a well kept secret that Princess Grace wasn’t driving the car that killed her but her daughter was. Sorry but off topic but was interested to know if anyone else heard the same?

• Wow
Reactions: 17

ohbabyee

It’s very strange altogether,I feel for the kids ,my mom died when I was young and I dreamt for years she was away and would phone me but she never came back so I worry they feel abandoned and confused.its so sad

• Sad
  • Heart
But also, you know, it’s ok if she thought she could cope with it 10 years ago but has changed her mind. You’re allowed to, it’s not like you knew what you were getting into so tough

• Heart

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Straight off the plane, to the school run and a photoshoot with her husband.
Does she not even get a minute to get into the house and changed before being paraded as evidence that he has control of his wife and she is back where she belongs?

I fully believe she left him and he kept the kids as a tool to make her come back.
There isn't a visible inch of skin showing other than above her mask and her clothes are baggy and oversized.
Something is seriously amiss and it stinks

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Well everyone thought Harold Shipman was an utter gentleman yet there he was murdering old ladies on the side.

Men who abuse and murder are often lauded as being stalwarts of the community, gentlemen, life and soul of a party, discreet, great family men etc.
Very often the outward face of a man is very different to how they are towards their wives.

Blurp

VIP Member
Lady C said she can't fly because she'll go deaf and that there is no truth in the rumours of a split.
Who's Lady C? If it's Lady Colin Campbell, she's a Jamaican who was married to a duke's brother for around nine months decades ago before a divorce and now hangs around on the fringes of European high society, pretending to be in it. She's a total embarrassment as far as the Argylls are concerned. They were certainly not going to give her any introductions to those on the inside. Her books on the BRF are considered ridiculous by actual biographers.

• Heart

LaraQ

VIP Member
Weren't there reports she tried to flee Monaco before her wedding...
Yeah.She literally sobbed her heart out at her own wedding,she looked devastated to be marrying him.If she has finally managed to escape then I'm happy for her.Must be rough for her kids though.

Reactions: 16

LandingLips

I knew someone who went out with him in the mid-90s, just a couple of times. In the US- he was over on Olympic business. She said he was the nicest fellow, really enjoyed her time with him. She had absolutely nothing but good things to say about him. I would love to ask her about all of this going on now, but sadly she passed away unexpectedly a few years after all of this happened.
I do think Princess Charlene must be under intense pressure in that life and I can see the appeal of returning to SA. I hope she gets better, whatever is really going on with her.

Reactions: 16

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Prince Albert is a prize cunt. Im sure many people in Monaco think it even if they don't have the nerve to say it.
She doesn't ever appear to have been happy with him.
I don't think she has cancer, I do think she's deeply troubled and I wonder if her being in SA was her leaving him.
If she was seriously ill, I'm sure they would announce something rather than have the world and his wife assume that she can't stand her cheating lump of a husband and has fled the country rather than be with him.
I'm sure we will hear someday. I just hope for her sake that she has the support that she needs and can have all of the medical help she needs for whatever ails her

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I really hope she’s actually ok. She seems like a such nice person, in such a weird situation.
I agree. She does seem lovely but has always come across as trapped. I hope she will be ok too
You only get one go at life and I hope someday she can make a good go of hers

• Heart
Reactions: 15