Princess Charlene of Monaco

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So because you're older than her and not in peri then she shouldn't be either? Stupid argument
Its very easy to blame menopause on everything when a woman gets into her 40s 43 is young, peri menopause isn't likely to be the cause of whatever is wrong with Charlene. If she is peri menopausal then she most definatley has access to anything she needs to alleviate it.
At her age, I would doubt that its a contributing factor.
The stress of her lifestyle, the husband and family would be more likely to be the reasons for her illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
When she fled the wedding and hid in the embassy, wasn't the rumour that she agreed to marry him and give him an heir and then she would be allowed walk away.
I highly doubt this has absolutely nothing to do with her relationship with him, she was crying on her wedding day. Getting her back to Monaco and then her going to a "secure private" facility just feels so sinister.

Reactions: 15
Coming out of lurkdom and finally to the leap and registered here.

She did look very unwell in those "welcome back" pics but to see that she apparently got worse is sad. Those pictures her kids are holding up seem very odd to me, aren't royal families normally all for "decorum" (sorry, non-native speaker here)?

Reactions: 11
I really hope she’s ok, she looks so fragile. I wonder if it is depression. Even when you look at photos of her from her swimming days, pre Albert, she looks really sad especially in her eyes.

I hope she gets the help she needs.

Could even be drug addiction. That's the first thing I think of when I hear the word "intervention". She has the means to obtain them and has obviously never been happy with life in Monaco.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I always feel so sad for her. He seems such a sinister creep. The way she ran away and hid before her wedding to him, cried through her wedding ceremony and has looked completely dead behind the eyes since marrying him, really leads me to believe he has full control over her. Nasty man.
Were the children holding up the ‘I miss you mummy’ cards (written in English?!!) to taunt her? Earn him extra family guy points? I bet she curses the day she ever laid eyes on him. Haven’t all of his ex girlfriends ended up being sectioned?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wonder if she thought that she would be able to get away after giving him an heir and then realised that she couldn't take the children so was stuck in Monaco until they were adult?

I don't think that all his exes were sectioned; after all, he took one of his baby mamas and their son to a ball this summer while Charlene was in South Africa. Jazmin was born in the USA and there don't appear to have been any problems for her mother.

Reactions: 3
wonder if she thought that she would be able to get away after giving him an heir and then realised that she couldn't take the children so was stuck in Monaco until they were adult?
That would entail a staggering lack of common sense on her part. She must have known that she wouldn't be able to take any kids out of Monaco as they were desperate for a legitimate heir. I suspect more likely that she thought she could do it, then after she had the children, realised she couldn't live with him and couldn't leave her children. I dontvthink anyone it realises what it is like to be a mother until you are one.
I think the other baby mamas can do their own thing and come and go as they please, and also have money.

• Heart
In the German Intouch (I know it's trashy, but it's on Kindle Unlimited :censored: ) it was heavily implied that she is indeed in a mental health hospital. The wording was weird and sounded overly translated, but apparently Albert gave a statement where he confirmed that it is really the case and that he and the children won't even visit her for a few weeks. There was also an odd remark from him about single parenting because "the other parent isn't in the picture due to medical reasons". I'm really not sure if they translated it that way to be overly dramatic, wouldn't put it past them, but the "not in the picture" phrase stuck out to me. It's something that I only know being used for complete absence, emotionally and financially, but not in the context of a parent or caregiver being ill.
Poor woman, I used to think that she looked cold or standoffish quite often, but looking back I think she more often looked uncomfortable in her own skin. I used to swim competitively myself ages ago and found it awesome that something as rare as marrying a royal could happen to a swimmer. And looking back at photos from her during her active swimming days, weight to her current situation completely aside, she seemed much more comfortable and happy.

Reactions: 10
How did Charlene meet Prince Albert? It seems strange to me that he didn't get married earlier.

Also, it is so bizarre that she went to the embassy before the wedding. Definitely more than just "cold feet", this seems to be a desperate attempt.

But why was she with him for seven years?

This whole relationship is so strange

There are plenty of rumours Charlene tried to leave before the wedding at least 3 times, once at a wedding fitting, than the South Africa embassy in Paris than at Nice Airport. Although Charlene was still not married into the family, been up against the might of Monaco and Prince Albert with unlimited resources and wealth, it probably wasn't as easy as it would be for your average person. I really hope whatever is going on she pulls through it and finds happiness but it's clear that the Palace of Monaco are not telling the full story.

He was trusted staff, not a friend though. I think he's a weasel, I dont know how she tolerated him around her
I agree Duchess, he has milked that relationship for all it was worth, and, has had an almost 20 year reality show career and tell all books out of it. Such a horrid little man. I’m sure with hindsight Princess Di wouldn’t have been as trusting and overly familiar with ones employees. I remember when I was younger seeing Diana out and about around South Kensington as my parents lived at the Belevedere on Chelsea Harbour. She was so much more beautiful in reality.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
According to various posts online, she speaks fluent French, Afrikaans and English.
I’ve read from a people in Monaco that she doesn’t speak French very well. But like a lot of things with Charlene it’s a bit of a mystery. Still, an odd thing to do with the banners from the children.

Reactions: 3
I've never lived in France and am terrible at languages, but if I go to France for any length of time, my French comes back, enough for me to have a short conversation. She's been there 20 years and speaks 2 languages. She must have not engaged at all. What a sad way to live.

I've never lived in France and am terrible at languages, but if I go to France for any length of time, my French comes back, enough for me to have a short conversation. She's been there 20 years and speaks 2 languages. She must have not engaged at all. What a sad way to live.
When she first got engaged to him I read online that the society people in Monaco weren’t a fan of her because she wasn’t European (and therefore not deemed sophisticated), they made fun of her build,
that she wasn’t as beautiful as her mother in law and because her background is middle class. Monaco is like a fishbowl. And since Albert didn’t marry for a long time, Caroline was seen as her mother’s successor and particularly won over the Principality after a Grace died. Before Charlene, Caroline was the heir and so were her children. Now she’s 3rd in line I think? If Jacques and Gabrielle have children her line will become obsolete.
Doesn’t help that Albert’s babymama number 2 was being a total witch and ran to reporters to talk about how there are tensions with Charlene and the marriage. She’s a society climber who is trying to get her son to climb the ranks too.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
When she first got engaged to him I read online that the society people in Monaco weren’t a fan of her because she wasn’t European (and therefore not deemed sophisticated), they made fun of her build,
that she wasn’t as beautiful as her mother in law and because her background is middle class. Monaco is like a fishbowl. And since Albert didn’t marry for a long time, Caroline was seen as her mother’s successor and particularly won over the Principality after a Grace died. Before Charlene, Caroline was the heir and so were her children. Now she’s 3rd in line I think? If Jacques and Gabrielle have children her line will become obsolete.
Doesn’t help that Albert’s babymama number 2 was being a total witch and ran to reporters to talk about how there are tensions with Charlene and the marriage. She’s a society climber who is trying to get her son to climb the ranks too.
Why didn't Albert marry one of the babymamas? I know one of them is Black so probably a no no in Monaco but what about one of the others?